[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
mass effect: no man's sky • The Lounge • Political Crossfire Forums

mass effect: no man's sky

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

mass effect: no man's sky

Postby John Galt » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: mass effect: no man's sky

Postby exploited » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:31 pm

I'll let you know how it is. I preordered the Ultimate Deluxe Premium Elite Edition for $169.99.
exploited
Vice President

Postby Spider » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:22 pm

Mass Effect is supposed to be an RPG. The plot and the characters are the point.

Disappointing.

As far as the animations...honestly what were they thinking? The rest of the game looks like it belongs on last gen hardware...so it's not like they were stretching technically. Its almost as if they were trying to combine the realistic ME look with stylized lower budget stuff? The characters expressions look comically exaggerated, like cartoons.

As for reviewers...psht. Blame the confirmation bias afflicted simps that think that something is either amazing or its completely garbage. There's no middle ground anymore, and people take personal offense if their purchasing decisions aren't propped up by the press. Giant Bomb seems to write the most honest reviews.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby John Galt » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:54 am

Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby exploited » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:03 am

So far I'm about two hours in. I've experienced some slowdowns in FPS but my card isn't great so I'm not concerned about that. The game itself looks alright. Story so far is alright... Not sure what the reviewers were on about in re: not setting up your Pathfinder status in a decent way. It took like an hour story to get that status and the story of how is decently emotional, and is clearly being setup for more impact as you play. Also, while it doesn't explicitly talk about the morality of colonization, there are plenty of hints and little comments that address it from different characters perspectives.

Over all, it has been fun to play.

The UI does suck as much as they say. And the human animations are shit.

So far, I'd give it 7-8/10. It is a decent game, not a masterpiece.
exploited
Vice President

Postby John Galt » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:25 am

i thought you were joking about the preorder smh
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby exploited » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:42 am

exploited
Vice President

Postby John Galt » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:53 am

John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby exploited » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:59 am

exploited
Vice President

Postby NAB » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:45 am

I like your approach ex, I take a similar approach to movies. I'll check the aggregate reviews sometimes prior, but won't let them keep me from seeing if I'm really interested in said movie.

Unless they're below 50%, then I won't bother.

These users thanked the author NAB for the post:
exploited
NAB
Governor

Next

Return to The Lounge