Page 1 of 2

The New Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:04 pm
by Menson
Greetings everyone,

My first decision as administrator of this site was to bring John Galt on as my co-administrator. Galt will be handling the technical side of Political Crossfire, while I focus on managing and growing our community. It is going to take some time for the transition to fully manifest itself, given the complexity of the inner workings of the forum, but none of the changes taking place should affect your regularly scheduled programming.

In order to grow this community, we are going to need to begin marketing our name. For that reason, I would like to encourage community members to take a stab at developing an official or a set of official "Political Crossfire" banners which can be spread across the internet like ashes in the wind. If you feel so inclined, feel free to develop a banner and post it in this thread at your convenience. Any expertise which you can lend would go a long way to helping our fantastic community grow!

Furthermore, I would like to recognize Uebermann for a job extremely well done. He has dedicated several years to this forum and kept this community together when all others failed. Uebermann is a pillar of this community and deserves serious recognition for what he has done here. Thank you, Uebermann!

Menson.

Re: The New Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:22 pm
by John Galt
thank you Menson.

I would like to echo your statements regarding Uebermann. He's done an excellent job here and I hope to see him around well after this transition.

Re: The New Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:14 pm
by Mr. Shaman
Menson wrote:In order to grow this community, we are going to need to begin marketing our name. For that reason, I would like to encourage community members to take a stab at developing an official or a set of official "Political Crossfire" banners which can be spread across the internet like ashes in the wind.

Menson.

Seriously....you think enhanced-marketing is gonna help to override the reputation, here, to ban people who disagree with The Majority??

#-o

Re: The New Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:19 pm
by jimmyz
Mr. Shaman... making friends one post at a time.

Re: The New Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:28 pm
by Saz
Image

Re: The New Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:55 pm
by The Comrade
duck dynasty maybe

Re: The New Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:53 pm
by Menson
Mr. Shaman wrote:
Menson wrote:In order to grow this community, we are going to need to begin marketing our name. For that reason, I would like to encourage community members to take a stab at developing an official or a set of official "Political Crossfire" banners which can be spread across the internet like ashes in the wind.

Menson.

Seriously....you think enhanced-marketing is gonna help to override the reputation, here, to ban people who disagree with The Majority??

#-o


No one has ever been banned or suspended from this forum for disagreeing with anyone. The vast majority of suspensions are based on vicious trolling and personal attacks or racism. In one particular instance, someone was recently suspended for starting numerous posts without either substantial opinions or a supporting link despite numerous private cease and desist requests. This is a community that prides itself on meaningful, academic discussion of political issues and events. Such discussion is impossible in the absence of a substantial opinion and supporting link. That is all there is to it. Further discussion of this topic is not necessary. :-bd

Re: The New Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:20 am
by Furley
Menson wrote:This is a community that prides itself on meaningful, academic discussion of political issues and events. Such discussion is impossible in the absence of a substantial opinion and supporting link. That is all there is to it. Further discussion of this topic is not necessary. :-bd


Precisely why I came back! :D

Re: The New Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:28 am
by Professor
Thanks for taking over what I can only assume to be a largely thankless and aggravating job. Just know that, even if I (or others) forget to say it with regularity, we appreciate you helping out and keeping us going.

Of course, thanks to ueberman for rescuing us from the depths of PCFv1.2 and PP purgatory.

Re: The New Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:47 pm
by Kane
Image