What do you read?

Current news and it's political impact.

Re: What do you read?

Postby spacemonkey » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:02 pm

Information overload just a click away. No wonder the world is getting pissed off.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby Saz » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:26 pm

The Comrade wrote:i get all my news from saz

I have the Amazon Echo thing and I always think it should have a app that can read posts and then i can argue back and it would reply post for me. I should be able to assign voices to posters. You would be Michael Cera from superbad, the Canadian could be Terrence or Philip, Prof could be ricky bobby. Even better would be some clever software that could adopt a persona or idea, and argue about it, responding appropriately to your questions or counter-arguments. You could just sit there and argue with Jefferson or Obama about about the second amendment. Sell additional characters and topics for like .99, you would make a killing. This is all patent pending and copyrighted and such, just fyi.

Also, have you checked out the guardian this week? They have an "investigation" into how f**k young people are. They actually have an article encouraging people to upload pictures of how they live with their parents. It's shameful really but at least the issue is finally becoming widely known. Anyway, if you wanted to upload a pic here is the link: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... re-bedroom
Pun intended for the plebes on here who don't get a joke

These users thanked the author Saz for the post:
The Comrade
Saz
Governor

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby Kane » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:23 pm

FT/Alphaville
NYT
Economist
WSJ - when the mood hits me
Calculated Risk Blog
Tim Duy - Fedwatch
Reuters
Bloomberg

A couple others I frequent on occasion.
Stephen Jay Gould wrote:When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
Kane
Governor

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby Josh » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:41 am

Saz wrote:
The Comrade wrote:i get all my news from saz

I have the Amazon Echo thing and I always think it should have a app that can read posts and then i can argue back and it would reply post for me. I should be able to assign voices to posters. You would be Michael Cera from superbad, the Canadian could be Terrence or Philip, Prof could be ricky bobby. Even better would be some clever software that could adopt a persona or idea, and argue about it, responding appropriately to your questions or counter-arguments. You could just sit there and argue with Jefferson or Obama about about the second amendment. Sell additional characters and topics for like .99, you would make a killing. This is all patent pending and copyrighted and such, just fyi.

http://www.halfbakery.com/

Go here. Post that.
Догнать и перегнать Америку
Josh
Mayor

Location: rv parks, oil rigs, tropical islands, and environmental disaster areas.

Postby Winchester » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:52 am

Life's too short to waste time on reading news.
Winchester
Governor

Postby John Galt » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:57 am

Winchester wrote:Life's too short to waste time on reading news.

Teddy Cruzavelt wrote:[The] Donald does well with voters who have relatively low information, who are not that engaged and who are angry and they see him as an angry voice. Where we are beating him is when voters’ get more engaged and they get more informed.

http://blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/archi ... bile=false

way to go winch
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt

These users thanked the author John Galt for the post:
Winchester
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Previous

Post a reply

Quote Selected

Return to Front Page News