No indictment in Tamir Rice shooting

Current news and it's political impact.

Re: No indictment in Tamir Rice shooting

Postby spacemonkey » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:13 pm

Dylan wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:
Dylan wrote:I mean why is playing with a fake gun "playing gangsta"?

He is not at fault on any level. He was a 12 year old child with learning disabilities. Come on man. Your racism is really showing here.

Well, WTF was he doing??
He was a 12 year old kid with learning disabilities messing with a toy gun. Did you really need that explained?

And yes, the race /victim card is such an easy card to play. One size fits all.
Once again, do you think he is a victim? If not, why not?

Now, back to the parents. Were they out to lunch??
The father is in prison I believe. The mother is probably a terrible, terrible parent, but I don't know that. Just an educated guess. This supports my position that he is a victim.

Thoughts?

He is a victim of bad parenting probably. I wonder how they feel now? Also a victim of the cops failure to communicate among themselves it could be a fake gun, and I wonder how they feel about it now?
Last edited by spacemonkey on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby Dylan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:14 pm

There we go. You're correct on both fronts. Glad we reached agreement brotherman. :ymparty: :ymparty:
Dylan
Vice President

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby Medius » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:47 pm

spacemonkey wrote:He is a victim of bad parenting probably. I wonder how they feel now? Also a victim of the cops failure to communicate among themselves it could be a fake gun, and I wonder how they feel about it now?

And a victim of bad police protocol. This was not the appropriate response for the police to take even if the situation was exactly what they thought.
Medius
Governor

Postby uebermann » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:30 pm

Medius wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:He is a victim of bad parenting probably. I wonder how they feel now? Also a victim of the cops failure to communicate among themselves it could be a fake gun, and I wonder how they feel about it now?

And a victim of bad police protocol. This was not the appropriate response for the police to take even if the situation was exactly what they thought.

Especially when its legal to open carry in the state =/
uebermann
Site Admin

Postby Dylan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:26 am

(1) It's only legal for adults to openly carry. Are you now saying this kid looked like an adult? Because you've been harping on the fact that he was a child for a while.

(2) It's legal to open carry. Is it legal to point a gun at people?
Dylan
Vice President

Postby Dylan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:45 am

Dylan wrote:If this prosecutor is so biased, why did he seek charges against a police officer recently for a separate incident? On a case so marginal the officer was eventually acquitted (an acquittal Timothy J. McGinty was "profoundly disappointed" by)?

:-?

Also....Ueber? Thoughts?
Dylan
Vice President

Postby Medius » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:50 pm

Dylan wrote:(1) It's only legal for adults to openly carry. Are you now saying this kid looked like an adult? Because you've been harping on the fact that he was a child for a while.

1.) I get your point, but that wouldn't justify shooting, it would justify asking for a license to determine age.
2.) Per the officers, they shot as he was reaching for the gun, so he didn't have it out and wasn't pointing it at anyone.
Medius
Governor

Postby Dylan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:54 pm

Medius wrote:
Dylan wrote:(1) It's only legal for adults to openly carry. Are you now saying this kid looked like an adult? Because you've been harping on the fact that he was a child for a while.

1.) I get your point, but that wouldn't justify shooting, it would justify asking for a license to determine age.
My point is, the "open carry" line is stupid because the officers didn't think this was a random adult exercising his Second Amendment rights. They were informed he was brandishing a weapon at people.

2.) Per the officers, they shot as he was reaching for the gun, so he didn't have it out and wasn't pointing it at anyone.
They had reports he was pointing it at people, so this idea that the cops maliciously rolled up on someone innocently meandering along exercising their Second Amendment rights and shot him with no provocation is laughable and has no basis in reality.
Dylan
Vice President

Postby Medius » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:03 pm

Dylan wrote:
Medius wrote:

My point is, the "open carry" line is stupid because the officers didn't think this was a random adult exercising his Second Amendment rights. They were informed he was brandishing a weapon at people.

They had reports he was pointing it at people, so this idea that the cops maliciously rolled up on someone innocently meandering along exercising their Second Amendment rights and shot him with no provocation is laughable and has no basis in reality.

I get that, but the police should act on what they see at the scene, not what they have been told by someone else. My position has been that they are legal on a technicality, but that the response was inappropriate and the protocol was wrong. They shouldn't have rolled right up into the mess and they should have used their own observations. They created a split-second-reaction-required situation out of nothing by bad handling. Likely handling that they were taught, but bad nonetheless.

That open carry is legal is a reason why they should be hesitant to roll their car up within feet of a person reported to have a gun and start shooting immediately. That he was reported for brandishing, not as an active shooter, means they should have taken a more cautious approach to observe the situation before injecting an escalating factor. They are meaningful things to bring up and consider in the case.
Medius
Governor

Postby Dylan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:13 pm

Absolutely agreed. The driver really, really f**k up here, as did the dispatcher. But, as Ueber noted, once the passenger was put in that situation he had to choose between shooting or being shot.
Dylan
Vice President

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Quote Selected

Return to Front Page News