No indictment in Tamir Rice shooting

Current news and it's political impact.

Re: No indictment in Tamir Rice shooting

Postby spacemonkey » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:56 pm

Dylan wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:
Dylan wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:Of all the games people play. Playing with fake guns that look real should not be one. What was he playing anyway, Gangsta in da park?

He was a 12 year old kid with a shit home life and learning disabilities. Stow your "gangsta" shit.

Just call him a ethnic group member. You knoe you want to. Why hide behind code?

Today's world is more lethal to people who make bad choices, including bad parenting choices. But it's always easy to throw down the race/ victim card ain't it.
He is a victim. You disagree? If so, why? Please try to use logic instead of your usual tripe.

Why is he "playing gangsta" because he has a toy gun? Because he's black?

Probably crappy or weak parenting. But who really knows? That age is when many gangbangers get their start. And that is usually the result of crappy or weak parenting skills, and environment to some degree. Both sides were dripping with wrong.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby Dylan » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:13 pm

I mean why is playing with a fake gun "playing gangsta"?

He is not at fault on any level. He was a 12 year old child with learning disabilities. Come on man. Your racism is really showing here.
Dylan
Vice President

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby fstarcstar » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:16 pm

Dylan wrote:I mean why is playing with a fake gun "playing gangsta"?

He is not at fault on any level. He was a 12 year old child with learning disabilities. Come on man. Your racism is really showing here.

I don't agree with the term playing gangsta, and I haven't participated in this thread in a while. The police were called because they were told someone was waving a gun around at a park. In regards to some of these areas of town, yes alot of young kids are recruited and put into "gang-banging" (as my students call it) and honestly your not going to find many white kids who are doing that. Not to say white kids aren't waving around fake guns, but probably in the area of which he was killed you have alot of young black males who are caught in the system. Cops probably in those areas don't take a chance regardless of how they look.
fstarcstar
Governor

Postby Philly » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:27 pm

fstarcstar wrote:"gang-banging" (as my students call it)

=))
Philly
Governor

Postby exploited » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:31 pm

Bow2Bruce wrote:

=))

You just know that his students are laughing about this. In reality, the gangbangers are probably a Call of Duty clan.
exploited
Vice President

Postby Saz » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:33 pm

Dylan wrote:
lmao, i started reading and I'm not even going to bother. After watching that video, your assertion is that he did pull the gun out of his waistband? Despite the fact we can see it is still in his waistband as the first bullet strikes him, and the fact that he never once raised his arm, an action that obviously would be necessary for someone to take a gun out of their own waistband.
I understand why you don't want to bother. Ultimately, the logic is unassailable on the culpability of the shooting officer.

And MR. Logic's reason for this. Well the gun was on the ground after the incident, so obviously the kid pulled it out. Never mind the fact he he was just violently shot at point blank range, the only conclusion here is that he indeed pulled the gun out of his waistband.
Well, no, it's not the only conclusion. It's just a conclusion, and one that the grand jury easily could have believed. It's very plausible.

Yes, we have video of the whole incident and it's clear the boy had the gun in his waistband when shot, and that he never lifted his arm prior to being shot...
Nope, that's not clear. In fact, both sides have accepted that he was lifting his arm prior to being shot. You don't even know what the arguments are - I'm really disappointed with your performance. Read up a little bit:

Tamir’s Arm and Shoulder Move Up as Officer Exits

Both sides agree that this frame shows Tamir’s right arm and shoulder moving upward. In his statement to the grand jury, Officer Loehmann said, “With his hands pulling the gun out and his elbow coming up, I knew it was a gun and it was coming out.” But the family’s experts say Tamir’s arm and shoulder are jerking up defensively because the officer is pointing and firing, not because Tamir is pulling a gun. Given how quickly Officer Loehmann fired, they assert, he must have unholstered his gun before getting out of his car.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015 ... listy.html

but if only you guys had my legal training and critical mind you would be able to see that this obvious lie, caught on video, is not a lie. Because critical thinking! Logic! :))
It is, sadly, true.

What? That's exactly what I'm saying. His arm wasn't in that position until the officers rolled up, and certainly never enough to take the toy out. As the video showed, the toy didn't leave his waistband prior to the officers shooting him. The fact that it's on the ground after the fact is a dispute to be had at trial, not something to be dismissed at the grand jury stage based on assumptions that run counter to the video evidence.

And the family is right, it's more than obvious the guy unholstered his gun before getting out of the car. I'm not sure what he said on the record but as you can see his report implies a completely different situation than the one that took place.

Not much logic in your post lil breh
Pun intended for the plebes on here who don't get a joke
Saz
Governor

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby fstarcstar » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:25 pm

exploited wrote:
Bow2Bruce wrote:

=))

You just know that his students are laughing about this. In reality, the gangbangers are probably a Call of Duty clan.

We have legitimate gang activity on our campus, we have numerous police on hand. Just before the break we had 2 students threaten to shoot up our school (we were on the news but I won't post it because you all don't need to know where I work) we had another student put on brass knuckles and punch a kid. Thats not including the numerous students we have expelled every year or sent to alternative school because of gang related violence on our campus.
fstarcstar
Governor

Postby Philly » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:14 am

fstarcstar wrote:
exploited wrote:
Bow2Bruce wrote:

=))

We have legitimate gang activity on our campus, we have numerous police on hand. Just before the break we had 2 students threaten to shoot up our school (we were on the news but I won't post it because you all don't need to know where I work) we had another student put on brass knuckles and punch a kid. Thats not including the numerous students we have expelled every year or sent to alternative school because of gang related violence on our campus.

No doubt. Still funny though since gangbanging as a reference to being in a street gang has been around since at least the early 80s. The term is probably older than you.
Philly
Governor

Postby spacemonkey » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:58 am

Well, WTF was he doing?? And yes, the race /victim card is such an easy card to play. One size fits all. Now, back to the parents. Were they out to lunch??
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby Dylan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:06 pm

spacemonkey wrote:

Well, WTF was he doing??
He was a 12 year old kid with learning disabilities messing with a toy gun. Did you really need that explained?

And yes, the race /victim card is such an easy card to play. One size fits all.
Once again, do you think he is a victim? If not, why not?

Now, back to the parents. Were they out to lunch??
The father is in prison I believe. The mother is probably a terrible, terrible parent, but I don't know that. Just an educated guess. This supports my position that he is a victim.

Thoughts?
Dylan
Vice President

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Quote Selected

Return to Front Page News