[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Kim Davis • Page 2 • Front Page News • Political Crossfire Forums

Kim Davis

Current news and it's political impact.

Re: Kim Davis

Postby Motown » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:28 am

Motown
Council Member

Postby Dylan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:21 am

Dylan
Vice President

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby John Galt » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:50 am

i don't agree with Obergefell but i do agree with Dylan. outside of constitutional amendment there is nothing to do here. i don't think you'd get 3/4ths of the states to agree to it, even if it is a reassertment of state rights. it would just be painted as bigotry and won't even be attempted
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby Motown » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:27 am

Motown
Council Member

Postby Motown » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:30 am

Motown
Council Member

Postby Dylan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:40 am

Dylan
Vice President

Postby Dylan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:42 am

Dylan
Vice President

Postby Motown » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:33 pm

Dylan, I didn't quote because when I tried to I saw three layers of quotes. I'm not trying to dodge you, I'm just trying to simplify things.

1) Kentucky has every right to disagree with the ruling. The USSC said in 2013, in the Windsor case, that states define marriage and the feds don't. That's how they overturned DOMA. I agree with you on your reasoning argument...if the reasoning were clear that would be one thing but I don't think it's clear here. They contradicted themselves.

2) They did extend equal protection in 2015 but you saying that ignores my point which is they had no reason to hear the case in the first place.

3) You agree with my main complaint about their rulings but dismiss it why? Because you agree with what they said in this case?

4) I'm new here and I don't know your customs but where I'm from I'd wait to hear Galt speak for himself, I'm not paying attention to your interpretation of what you think he meant. I wait for it to come from the horses mouth.
Motown
Council Member

Postby Dylan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:45 pm

Dylan
Vice President

Postby Dylan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:45 pm

Oh and you should totally listen to my chaneling Galt. I've argued with that madman for a decade now I know his legal opinions better than my own at this point :))
Dylan
Vice President

PreviousNext

Return to Front Page News