'Oath Keepers' spotted carrying guns, walking along Ferguson

Current news and it's political impact.

Re: 'Oath Keepers' spotted carrying guns, walking along Ferg

Postby eynon81 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:40 pm

Medius wrote:
eynon81 wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:Most people killed by police, all colors, are not killed by the police. They are killed by their own bad decisions. Unfortunately on rare occasions, some are murdered by the police.

same can be said about the victims of most homicides.

Non-premeditated murder is generally a series of escalations. Whoever actually starts the violence is the one ultimately held responsible in cases between citizens. I'm not sure why the cops should be held exempt from this.

a different standard should probably exist, especially in terms of non-lethal force, but yes we've become much too lenient in terms of LEO and violence.
eynon81
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Postby Medius » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:48 pm

eynon81 wrote:
Medius wrote:Non-premeditated murder is generally a series of escalations. Whoever actually starts the violence is the one ultimately held responsible in cases between citizens. I'm not sure why the cops should be held exempt from this.

a different standard should probably exist, especially in terms of non-lethal force, but yes we've become much too lenient in terms of LEO and violence.

Yeah, that's why I'm sticking to lethal force. I think whatever standard is created it should be in-line with the suspected crime. But then that kills the war on drugs entirely.

Lethal force should only be used against lethal danger and police need to find a better way to deal with suspects of non-violent crimes that doesn't escalate it to a lethal situation.

Like, for instance, maybe not making possession of drugs a crime that involves so much jail time, resisting arrest, fleeing police, assault, or any other number of crimes that happen from fleeing don't even really matter.

These users thanked the author Medius for the post:
eynon81
Medius
Governor

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby eynon81 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:38 pm

Medius wrote:
eynon81 wrote:
Medius wrote:Non-premeditated murder is generally a series of escalations. Whoever actually starts the violence is the one ultimately held responsible in cases between citizens. I'm not sure why the cops should be held exempt from this.

Yeah, that's why I'm sticking to lethal force. I think whatever standard is created it should be in-line with the suspected crime. But then that kills the war on drugs entirely.

Lethal force should only be used against lethal danger and police need to find a better way to deal with suspects of non-violent crimes that doesn't escalate it to a lethal situation.

Like, for instance, maybe not making possession of drugs a crime that involves so much jail time, resisting arrest, fleeing police, assault, or any other number of crimes that happen from fleeing don't even really matter.

actually used to be that way....well for white people anyways.

simple truth is (at least) half the criminal cases in this country are health-care issues....either drug-abuse or mental health or both. essentially we have a heavily armed group of government thugs roaming the streets attacking sick people.
eynon81
VIP
VIP

Postby Medius » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:54 pm

eynon81 wrote:actually used to be that way....well for white people anyways.

simple truth is (at least) half the criminal cases in this country are health-care issues....either drug-abuse or mental health or both. essentially we have a heavily armed group of government thugs roaming the streets attacking sick people.

Well said. Honestly, the sheer overreaction to drugs and the utter brazen attitude that police have, is really what makes me want to see some Oath Keepers just shut down the police (as an idea, not specifically promoting that group). Here's an example of what makes me hate the attitude of the police.

The decision (to continue a state of emergency in Ferguson) came after two nights of relatively peaceful protests, with the St. Louis Country police reporting no arrests or reports of injuries during a small demonstration by several dozen people Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.

"I am pleased to report our law enforcement officers have established order while preventing further acts of violence in Ferguson," said County Executive Steve Stenger, in a statement. "It is because of their ability to maintain order that I find it prudent to continue the state of emergency for at least the next 24 hours."

Seriously: The cops did an awesome job at putting down the rabble and because of this, we should continue a state of emergency so that they can continue to put down the rabble.

A point in which they had an opportunity to say, you know, "thanks for not being violent with the protests, just to ensure your safety we'll keep on guard one more night and then kick off to our respective clan meetings cities."
Medius
Governor

Postby eynon81 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:57 pm

Judges are real bad too, they all need to watch this:
Video from : youtube.com
eynon81
VIP
VIP

Postby spacemonkey » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:03 pm

Medius wrote:
eynon81 wrote:actually used to be that way....well for white people anyways.

Well said. Honestly, the sheer overreaction to drugs and the utter brazen attitude that police have, is really what makes me want to see some Oath Keepers just shut down the police (as an idea, not specifically promoting that group). Here's an example of what makes me hate the attitude of the police.

The decision (to continue a state of emergency in Ferguson) came after two nights of relatively peaceful protests, with the St. Louis Country police reporting no arrests or reports of injuries during a small demonstration by several dozen people Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.

"I am pleased to report our law enforcement officers have established order while preventing further acts of violence in Ferguson," said County Executive Steve Stenger, in a statement. "It is because of their ability to maintain order that I find it prudent to continue the state of emergency for at least the next 24 hours."

Seriously: The cops did an awesome job at putting down the rabble and because of this, we should continue a state of emergency so that they can continue to put down the rabble.

A point in which they had an opportunity to say, you know, "thanks for not being violent with the protests, just to ensure your safety we'll keep on guard one more night and then kick off to our respective clan meetings cities."

Its good to see things calm down. Probably pissed off the media though.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby Saz » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:46 pm

Oath keeper is a great name for my sword
Ceterum autem censeo Dylan esse delendam
Saz
Governor

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby Medius » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:30 am

Saz wrote:Oath keeper is a great name for my sword

An awfully monogamous name to give your "sword"

These users thanked the author Medius for the post:
eynon81
Medius
Governor

Postby Philly » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:32 am

fstar "i swear my sword to exploited" cstar
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Philly
Governor

Postby eynon81 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:15 am

Saz wrote:Oath keeper is a great name for my sword

mine would be kitty Poker.

.....but really I'm more of a hammer guy.

These users thanked the author eynon81 for the post:
lnrw
eynon81
VIP
VIP

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Quote Selected

Return to Front Page News