'Oath Keepers' spotted carrying guns, walking along Ferguson

Current news and it's political impact.

Re: 'Oath Keepers' spotted carrying guns, walking along Ferg

Postby Medius » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:19 pm

exploited wrote:Agreed, it doesn't necessarily equal racist, it just so happens that the vast bulk of racism comes from rightwing groups. Perhaps I have misread this group and they are actually there to help blacks push back against the government and pursue their big government agenda. I could be wrong.

Well, at least, that's how I read their official intent. That doesn't mean they aren't just looking to be in the middle of a shootout with the government and don't much care about the circumstance. But I could easily be wrong as well. That crazy rancher dude was a fair share of racist with his anti-government. This group just seemed a little more organized and I made a bad assumption that infowars had invited them, and they tend not to affiliate with racist agendas as far as I've seen.
Medius
Governor

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby exploited » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:01 pm

Video from : youtu.be
exploited
Vice President

Postby Medius » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:42 pm

exploited wrote:
Video from : youtu.be

Very strange. Apparently they are trying to.... be the police?
Medius
Governor

Postby fstarcstar » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:37 pm

Medius wrote:
exploited wrote:
Medius wrote:
xdangerousxdavex wrote:http://www.wave3.com/story/29757265/oath-keepers-spotted-carrying-guns-walking-along-ferguson-streets

First they defended businesses during the second wave of unrest, now they walk the streets with guns. Okay, it’s their right to secure the free state, civil order and property. But these guys can become real superstars if they would start some firefight being white civvies against black rioters. Risky they act, reminds me of the beginning of civil war. What do you think?

I'm not saying I agree with these guys, but I'm pretty sure they are there to protect the reporter from the cops (or are intending to use force if the police harass the reporter). They are anti-government, not anti-black. They are just inserting themselves into a situation where they are on the right-side of the law, but are likely to come into conflict with police.

Well, whatever they are doing, it's stupid.

Insensitive to the point of stupidity I'd say. They'd be better off joining the peaceful protests and lending a more heavily armed hand down the line. The police do need to be put in their place. They need to know that they have no real power, only transient granted authority that can be taken away. Probably not, however, in Ferguson, where people are trying like mad to keep a peaceful protest.

That area has an official state of emergency, the police do have the power, and the state is enforcing it. If anything, these guys shouldn't be allowed to operate with their rifles and other guns out. Any of the black people in those crowds holding rifles wouldn't be given the same treatment. Those guys need to be removed, they are actually an endangerment to an already fragile situation.
fstarcstar
Governor

Postby Medius » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:35 am

fstarcstar wrote:That area has an official state of emergency, the police do have the power, and the state is enforcing it. If anything, these guys shouldn't be allowed to operate with their rifles and other guns out. Any of the black people in those crowds holding rifles wouldn't be given the same treatment. Those guys need to be removed, they are actually an endangerment to an already fragile situation.

Wrong place, wrong time, and probably wrong people, but not wrong idea. The police only have the power because the people give that power to them. They are abusing it and it will likely need to be taken away or at least very close to being taken away before it gets fixed.

Texas just made a positive step that may avoid conflict. They fired an officer who, likely, made what would have been a justified shooting not long ago. Other places are still resisting though and turtling up behind their wrong-headed cops.
Medius
Governor

Postby spacemonkey » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:12 am

Most people killed by police, all colors, are not killed by the police. They are killed by their own bad decisions. Unfortunately on rare occasions, some are murdered by the police.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby Medius » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:52 am

spacemonkey wrote:Most people killed by police, all colors, are not killed by the police. They are killed by their own bad decisions. Unfortunately on rare occasions, some are murdered by the police.

A lot of the scenarios are a shared responsibility problem, however, the guy who is armed by the state with a lethal weapon bears the greater responsibility. There better be a really good reason and it better involve a weapon, for an officer to use deadly force.
Medius
Governor

Postby eynon81 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:00 pm

Medius wrote:
fstarcstar wrote:That area has an official state of emergency, the police do have the power, and the state is enforcing it. If anything, these guys shouldn't be allowed to operate with their rifles and other guns out. Any of the black people in those crowds holding rifles wouldn't be given the same treatment. Those guys need to be removed, they are actually an endangerment to an already fragile situation.

Wrong place, wrong time, and probably wrong people, but not wrong idea. The police only have the power because the people give that power to them. They are abusing it and it will likely need to be taken away or at least very close to being taken away before it gets fixed.

Texas just made a positive step that may avoid conflict. They fired an officer who, likely, made what would have been a justified shooting not long ago. Other places are still resisting though and turtling up behind their wrong-headed cops.

Texas is also going after DAs for misconduct, sometimes criminally...they're the only people to be doing this.
eynon81
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Postby eynon81 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:01 pm

spacemonkey wrote:Most people killed by police, all colors, are not killed by the police. They are killed by their own bad decisions. Unfortunately on rare occasions, some are murdered by the police.

same can be said about the victims of most homicides.
eynon81
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Postby Medius » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:21 pm

eynon81 wrote:

same can be said about the victims of most homicides.

Non-premeditated murder is generally a series of escalations. Whoever actually starts the violence is the one ultimately held responsible in cases between citizens. I'm not sure why the cops should be held exempt from this.
Medius
Governor

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Quote Selected

Return to Front Page News