'Oath Keepers' spotted carrying guns, walking along Ferguson

Current news and it's political impact.

Re: 'Oath Keepers' spotted carrying guns, walking along Ferg

Postby Medius » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:52 pm

exploited wrote:
Medius wrote:
Insensitive to the point of stupidity I'd say. They'd be better off joining the peaceful protests and lending a more heavily armed hand down the line. The police do need to be put in their place. They need to know that they have no real power, only transient granted authority that can be taken away. Probably not, however, in Ferguson, where people are trying like mad to keep a peaceful protest.

I think the idea that they were there patrolling the streets to stop cops is f**k laughable. They were there to intimidate blacks Medius.

Do you have a link to anything about the group? All I saw was a connection to infowars, which are more interested in getting into conflict with police and government.
Medius
Governor

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby exploited » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:12 pm

Medius wrote:
exploited wrote:
Medius wrote:
Insensitive to the point of stupidity I'd say. They'd be better off joining the peaceful protests and lending a more heavily armed hand down the line. The police do need to be put in their place. They need to know that they have no real power, only transient granted authority that can be taken away. Probably not, however, in Ferguson, where people are trying like mad to keep a peaceful protest.

I think the idea that they were there patrolling the streets to stop cops is f**k laughable. They were there to intimidate blacks Medius.

Do you have a link to anything about the group? All I saw was a connection to infowars, which are more interested in getting into conflict with police and government.

I don't. I know they showed up to protect businesses from rioters during Ferguson. I also know that they claim to be about protecting a journalist and yet they were nowhere near the journalist in question, who by the way didn't request any help. Instead they patrolled the neighbourhood. Why?
exploited
Vice President

Postby Medius » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:14 pm

exploited wrote:I don't. I know they showed up to protect businesses from rioters during Ferguson. I also know that they claim to be about protecting a journalist and yet they were nowhere near the journalist in question, who by the way didn't request any help. Instead they patrolled the neighbourhood. Why?

That's why I was asking for a link to anything, the reporting is kind of spotty. The articles I saw said they were specifically with the infowars reporter and that they are anti-government predominately. I don't know who these guys are honestly, just guessing on the information given.
Medius
Governor

Postby exploited » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:15 pm

Medius wrote:
exploited wrote:I don't. I know they showed up to protect businesses from rioters during Ferguson. I also know that they claim to be about protecting a journalist and yet they were nowhere near the journalist in question, who by the way didn't request any help. Instead they patrolled the neighbourhood. Why?

That's why I was asking for a link to anything, the reporting is kind of spotty. The articles I saw said they were specifically with the infowars reporter and that they are anti-government predominately. I don't know who these guys are honestly, just guessing on the information given.

They have a website...

http://www.oathkeepers.org/
exploited
Vice President

Postby Medius » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:17 pm

exploited wrote:
Medius wrote:

They have a website...

http://www.oathkeepers.org/

Yeah, that thing is flooded to hell with traffic. Can't get to their about us page, but I'll try again later.
Medius
Governor

Postby Kane » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Medius wrote:

Predominantly? I'd say exclusively, it's an entering requirement for employment there.
Stephen Jay Gould wrote:When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
Kane
Governor

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby Medius » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:39 pm

Kane wrote:Predominantly? I'd say exclusively, it's an entering requirement for employment there.

I meant, compared to their other political positions. It would surprise me that a primarily anti-government group would insert themselves in a state vs. minority situation just to screw with minorities.
Medius
Governor

Postby exploited » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:51 pm

Medius wrote:
Kane wrote:Predominantly? I'd say exclusively, it's an entering requirement for employment there.

I meant, compared to their other political positions. It would surprise me that a primarily anti-government group would insert themselves in a state vs. minority situation just to screw with minorities.

Why? The vast bulk of anti-government groups are insanely rightwing.
exploited
Vice President

Postby Medius » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:54 pm

exploited wrote:
Medius wrote:

Right wing does not necessarily equal racist. It happens quite a bit, which is why I was asking about this group, but it isn't guaranteed.
Medius
Governor

Postby exploited » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:05 pm

Medius wrote:
exploited wrote:
Medius wrote:

Right wing does not necessarily equal racist. It happens quite a bit, which is why I was asking about this group, but it isn't guaranteed.

Agreed, it doesn't necessarily equal racist, it just so happens that the vast bulk of racism comes from rightwing groups. Perhaps I have misread this group and they are actually there to help blacks push back against the government and pursue their big government agenda. I could be wrong.
exploited
Vice President

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Quote Selected

Return to Front Page News