'Oath Keepers' spotted carrying guns, walking along Ferguson

Current news and it's political impact.

'Oath Keepers' spotted carrying guns, walking along Ferguson

Postby xdangerousxdavex » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:06 am

http://www.wave3.com/story/29757265/oath-keepers-spotted-carrying-guns-walking-along-ferguson-streets

First they defended businesses during the second wave of unrest, now they walk the streets with guns. Okay, it’s their right to secure the free state, civil order and property. But these guys can become real superstars if they would start some firefight being white civvies against black rioters. Risky they act, reminds me of the beginning of civil war. What do you think?
xdangerousxdavex
Mayor

Political Leaning: Anarchist

Re: 'Oath Keepers' spotted carrying guns, walking along Ferg

Postby spacemonkey » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:21 am

Its probably just a matter of time before some urban areas go under martial law.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby jimmyz » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:23 am

I think the black guy getting shot by the cops took the wind out of a few sails. Even the uppity are pragmatic at times.
" I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing. All of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman.' I want a wife, not a competitor! Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)
jimmyz
Banned
Banned

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby spacemonkey » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:26 am

Why did Ferguson pick a street thug to put on a pedestal in the first place?
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby jimmyz » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:26 pm

spacemonkey wrote:Why did Ferguson pick a street thug to put on a pedestal in the first place?

I was referring to the new black guy that got shot. He was armed and I think still survives in critical condition IIRC.
" I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing. All of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman.' I want a wife, not a competitor! Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)
jimmyz
Banned
Banned

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby Philly » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:30 pm

spacemonkey wrote:Why did Ferguson pick a street thug to put on a pedestal in the first place?

Uh, they didn't pick him. He's the one who got shot by the cops.

One thing no one talks about anymore is that the police inexplicably left his body lying in the streets for hours. I know you have to preserve the scene for a time, but considering what had happened and that the cops were already there, they should have gotten him out of the streets rather quickly. Even though it quickly got overshadowed by other parts of the story, I think that was a big catalyst in the Brown shooting becoming such a huge deal.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Philly
Governor

Postby Medius » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:13 pm

xdangerousxdavex wrote:http://www.wave3.com/story/29757265/oath-keepers-spotted-carrying-guns-walking-along-ferguson-streets

First they defended businesses during the second wave of unrest, now they walk the streets with guns. Okay, it’s their right to secure the free state, civil order and property. But these guys can become real superstars if they would start some firefight being white civvies against black rioters. Risky they act, reminds me of the beginning of civil war. What do you think?

I'm not saying I agree with these guys, but I'm pretty sure they are there to protect the reporter from the cops (or are intending to use force if the police harass the reporter). They are anti-government, not anti-black. They are just inserting themselves into a situation where they are on the right-side of the law, but are likely to come into conflict with police.
Medius
Governor

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby exploited » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:21 pm

Medius wrote:
xdangerousxdavex wrote:http://www.wave3.com/story/29757265/oath-keepers-spotted-carrying-guns-walking-along-ferguson-streets

I'm not saying I agree with these guys, but I'm pretty sure they are there to protect the reporter from the cops (or are intending to use force if the police harass the reporter). They are anti-government, not anti-black. They are just inserting themselves into a situation where they are on the right-side of the law, but are likely to come into conflict with police.

Well, whatever they are doing, it's stupid.
exploited
Vice President

Postby Medius » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:25 pm

exploited wrote:
Medius wrote:

Insensitive to the point of stupidity I'd say. They'd be better off joining the peaceful protests and lending a more heavily armed hand down the line. The police do need to be put in their place. They need to know that they have no real power, only transient granted authority that can be taken away. Probably not, however, in Ferguson, where people are trying like mad to keep a peaceful protest.
Medius
Governor

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby exploited » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:20 pm

Medius wrote:
exploited wrote:
Medius wrote:

Insensitive to the point of stupidity I'd say. They'd be better off joining the peaceful protests and lending a more heavily armed hand down the line. The police do need to be put in their place. They need to know that they have no real power, only transient granted authority that can be taken away. Probably not, however, in Ferguson, where people are trying like mad to keep a peaceful protest.

I think the idea that they were there patrolling the streets to stop cops is f**k laughable. They were there to intimidate blacks Medius.
exploited
Vice President

Next

Post a reply

Quote Selected

Return to Front Page News