Video of police killing unarmed man released

Current news and it's political impact.

Video of police killing unarmed man released

Postby xdangerousxdavex » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:21 am

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/07/15/judge-orders-video-released-of-police-killing-unarmed-man/30175645/

What’s that? Zeferino had just throwed up and policemen immediately thought he wanted to kill them with some imaginary weapon so they shot him 8 times! I understand they killed him for transgression of their commands, but it was too hateful of them. I applaud the court’s decision to unseal the video, people have the right to know the truth.
xdangerousxdavex
Mayor

Political Leaning: Anarchist

Re: Video of police killing unarmed man released

Postby Winchester » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:40 pm

I agree with the judge. The city's taxpayers had to cough up $4.7mil to settle the lawsuits, they had a right to see what they paid for.

After viewing I can see why the police didn't want to release it, holy shit.
Winchester
Governor

Postby Philly » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:35 pm

Winchester wrote:I agree with the judge. The city's taxpayers had to cough up $4.7mil to settle the lawsuits, they had a right to see what they paid for.

After viewing I can see why the police didn't want to release it, holy shit.

I would go further and say before a settlement was made with taxpayer money they should have been able to see this. Late is better than never, but it's kind of bullshit that the city is able to sweep this under the rug with a settlement and only much later can the public see what happened.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Philly
Governor

Postby xdangerousxdavex » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:32 am

xdangerousxdavex wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/07/15/judge-orders-video-released-of-police-killing-unarmed-man/30175645/

What’s that? Zeferino had just throwed up and policemen immediately thought he wanted to kill them with some imaginary weapon so they shot him 8 times! I understand they killed him for transgression of their commands, but it was too hateful of them. I applaud the court’s decision to unseal the video, people have the right to know the truth.

Our police, judicial system and legislature live by the principle: 'one hand washes another and both the face' or 'today your help me, tomorrow i will help you'.
xdangerousxdavex
Mayor

Political Leaning: Anarchist

Postby John Galt » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:20 am

he could have had a gun under the hat. cops are trained to assume he's trying to kill them.
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Post a reply

Quote Selected

Return to Front Page News