ISIS member posts selfie; Air Force sends response

Current news and it's political impact.

Re: ISIS member posts selfie; Air Force sends response

Postby spacemonkey » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:43 am

**==
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby jimmyz » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:51 pm

jimmyz wrote:
NAB wrote:
jimmyz wrote:Thank you NSA. f**k you Rand Paul.

No, f**k you NSA, and thank you members of the Air Force at Hurlburt Field (Special Forces base). They didn't have to collect the information of every citizen in the U.S. to do their job.

the article wrote:US Air Force Gen. Hawk Carlisle, head of Air Combat Command, explained at an Air Force Association breakfast on Monday how a group of airmen stationed at Hurlburt Field, Florida, saw a photo on social media of an Islamic State militant at his command post. Less than a day later, the Air Force claim, they destroyed the Islamic State headquarters building in the photo.

“The guys that were working down out of Hurlburt, they’re combing through social media and they see some moron standing at this command,” General Carlisle said. “And in some social media, open forum, bragging about the command and control capabilities for Daesh, ISIL. And these guys go: ‘We got an in.’ So they do some work, long story short, about 22 hours later through that very building, three [Joint Direct Attack Munitions] take that entire building out.”

No again... Thank you NSA -

"The NSA tracks the locations of hundreds of millions of cellphones per day, allowing them to map people's movements and relationships in detail.[55]It reportedly has access to all communications made via Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Yahoo, YouTube, AOL, Skype, Apple and Paltalk,[56] and collects hundreds of millions of contact lists from personal email and instant messaging accounts each year."

Link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Agency

Edit: The airmen in FL more than likely had direct access to those NSA assets helping them to pinpoint the ISIL building by spy satellite imagery and geolocation of that specific phone used to make that specific post/tweet on that day .
" I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing. All of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman.' I want a wife, not a competitor! Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)
jimmyz
Banned
Banned

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby NAB » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:17 pm

jimmyz wrote:
jimmyz wrote:
NAB wrote:

No, f**k you NSA, and thank you members of the Air Force at Hurlburt Field (Special Forces base). They didn't have to collect the information of every citizen in the U.S. to do their job.

the article wrote:US Air Force Gen. Hawk Carlisle, head of Air Combat Command, explained at an Air Force Association breakfast on Monday how a group of airmen stationed at Hurlburt Field, Florida, saw a photo on social media of an Islamic State militant at his command post. Less than a day later, the Air Force claim, they destroyed the Islamic State headquarters building in the photo.

“The guys that were working down out of Hurlburt, they’re combing through social media and they see some moron standing at this command,” General Carlisle said. “And in some social media, open forum, bragging about the command and control capabilities for Daesh, ISIL. And these guys go: ‘We got an in.’ So they do some work, long story short, about 22 hours later through that very building, three [Joint Direct Attack Munitions] take that entire building out.”

"The NSA tracks the locations of hundreds of millions of cellphones per day, allowing them to map people's movements and relationships in detail.[55]It reportedly has access to all communications made via Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Yahoo, YouTube, AOL, Skype, Apple and Paltalk,[56] and collects hundreds of millions of contact lists from personal email and instant messaging accounts each year."

Edit: The airmen in FL more than likely had direct access to those NSA assets helping them to pinpoint the ISIL building by spy satellite imagery and geolocation of that specific phone used to make that specific post/tweet on that day .

That's complete speculation on your part AND very wishful thinking considering how poorly the various agencies interact (well documented). Based on the NSAs actual lack of breaking up any real terrorist acts (they've had exactly one), it seems like the airmen did some of their own simple legwork. The idiot seems to be posted to some well known jihadi social media site. You don't need the NSA collecting the meta-data of every US citizen (and violating the 4th amendment in the process) to snag an idiot in Syria. Good detectives don't use a fishing net, they use a focused approach.

Why do you hate our Bill of Rights jimmy?
Welcome to our speak board web page
NAB
Governor

Postby jimmyz » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:08 pm

NAB wrote:
jimmyz wrote:
jimmyz wrote:
NAB wrote:

That's complete speculation on your part AND very wishful thinking considering how poorly the various agencies interact (well documented). Based on the NSAs actual lack of breaking up any real terrorist acts (they've had exactly one), it seems like the airmen did some of their own simple legwork. The idiot seems to be posted to some well known jihadi social media site. You don't need the NSA collecting the meta-data of every US citizen (and violating the 4th amendment in the process) to snag an idiot in Syria. Good detectives don't use a fishing net, they use a focused approach.

Why do you hate our Bill of Rights jimmy?

Sort of logical IMO. These guys are told to search social media for leads on a PC in Florida. They find one and contact the big dogs for pings by that device on that date using Facebook, Twitter, or whatever and there ya go. Coordinates for the JDAMS to hit.

I don't hate the Bill of Rights. Tell me NAB how you would feel if your kids and wife were shot down at the mall because the NSA couldn't listen to any device at any time in order to find these scum before any heads are literally rolling. The NSA isn't listening to you telephone sex when you're abroad.
" I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing. All of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman.' I want a wife, not a competitor! Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)
jimmyz
Banned
Banned

Postby NAB » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:14 pm

Actually, the NSA shares dick pics within their ranks, so phone sex isn't far off.

As far as the terrorism threat, I'd prefer to live in a land that respects my right to privacy because that's what really makes a person free (especially to think). I'd especially try and put it into context on what's going to get me.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-terror ... ar/5382818
NAB
Governor

Postby Medius » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:45 pm

jimmyz wrote:Sort of logical IMO. These guys are told to search social media for leads on a PC in Florida. They find one and contact the big dogs for pings by that device on that date using Facebook, Twitter, or whatever and there ya go. Coordinates for the JDAMS to hit.

I don't hate the Bill of Rights. Tell me NAB how you would feel if your kids and wife were shot down at the mall because the NSA couldn't listen to any device at any time in order to find these scum before any heads are literally rolling. The NSA isn't listening to you telephone sex when you're abroad.

See, you say that... but they are. They are looking at stuff they shouldn't. They are stalking their former spouses.

All that aside from the fact that they are actually shooting missiles at people identified through some secret methodology that can't really afford oversight becausenationalsecurity.

So. Yeah. Not real comfortable with it. I'm kind of thinking we might want to take the .00000000001% chance of getting killed by a terrorist on US soil.
Medius
Governor

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby jimmyz » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:36 pm

We have arrested US citizens for terrorism here. A US citizen killed 13 at Fort hood. 2 US citizens tried to kill the cartoon makers in Texas. The guy last week in Massachusetts was a US citizen wanting to behead someone with the knife he was carrying. These people need to be electronically found and tracked domestically and worldwide. Where are your rights to privacy in public, if you consider sending and receiving communications using the airwaves as public space, enumerated in the Constitution? I don't remember where myself.
jimmyz
Banned
Banned

Postby NAB » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:07 pm

jimmyz wrote:We have arrested US citizens for terrorism here. A US citizen killed 13 at Fort hood. 2 US citizens tried to kill the cartoon makers in Texas. The guy last week in Massachusetts was a US citizen wanting to behead someone with the knife he was carrying. These people need to be electronically found and tracked domestically and worldwide. Where are your rights to privacy in public, if you consider sending and receiving communications using the airwaves as public space, enumerated in the Constitution? I don't remember where myself.

Did the NSA foil any of those events? Prism was in place for most, if not all of them. Again, the NSA foiled exactly one known "plan", and it involved someone funding something for $8000 in the San Diego area iirc. Was pretty small potatoes, if really even a serious plan. Great return on our investment there, the invasion of our rights aside.

I'm always confused why some people who are so for upholding the 2nd Amendement can be so quick to disregard the 4th.
NAB
Governor

Postby jimmyz » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:16 pm

NAB wrote:
jimmyz wrote:We have arrested US citizens for terrorism here. A US citizen killed 13 at Fort hood. 2 US citizens tried to kill the cartoon makers in Texas. The guy last week in Massachusetts was a US citizen wanting to behead someone with the knife he was carrying. These people need to be electronically found and tracked domestically and worldwide. Where are your rights to privacy in public, if you consider sending and receiving communications using the airwaves as public space, enumerated in the Constitution? I don't remember where myself.

Did the NSA foil any of those events? Prism was in place for most, if not all of them. Again, the NSA foiled exactly one known "plan", and it involved someone funding something for $8000 in the San Diego area iirc. Was pretty small potatoes, if really even a serious plan. Great return on our investment there, the invasion of our rights aside.

I'm always confused why some people who are so for upholding the 2nd Amendement can be so quick to disregard the 4th.

The 4th doesn't cover Ahmed in Syria. I believe they need a warrant before they can listen in on you calls NAB. Your Fourth Amendment rights are intact.
jimmyz
Banned
Banned

Postby NAB » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:37 pm

jimmyz wrote:
NAB wrote:

The 4th doesn't cover Ahmed in Syria. I believe they need a warrant before they can listen in on you calls NAB. Your Fourth Amendment rights are intact.

Your post would make sense if the NSA limited its data collection to non U.S. citizens. In fact, they do the exact opposite, and tried to do so intentionally in secret until they were outed. They are able to circumvent the warrants by claiming its meta-data (and by having FISA courts who never say no to them), and meta-data is more privacy invasive than simply listening in on your calls. Go do some reading on what they were collecting and you might change your tune. I'd be completely cool with the NSA if they actually were doing what they claimed or should be doing. Why do you think the Patriot Act issue has been such an issue? The NSA took a poorly written clause in the original horrible Act and ran with it.
NAB
Governor

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Quote Selected

Return to Front Page News