ISIS member posts selfie; Air Force sends response

Current news and it's political impact.

ISIS member posts selfie; Air Force sends response

Postby NAB » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:40 pm

I read this story today and lol'd. Some member of ISIS posted some bragging selfies from Syria and in less than a day the Air Force destroyed their compound. Hilarious.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Update ... estruction

Careful what you post.
Welcome to our speak board web page

These users thanked the author NAB for the post:
exploited
NAB
Governor

Re: ISIS member posts selfie; Air Force sends response

Postby exploited » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:25 pm

What a prime example of the whole First World v. Third World Problem thing.

Westerner: "Shit I shouldn't have posted that video of me screaming ethnic group member over and over again. Now I've lost my scholarship and getting work will be harder."

ME'r: *dies*
exploited
Vice President

Postby eric » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:42 pm

Love it. Absolutely love it.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."
eric
Governor

Postby Dylan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:57 pm

Jv team.
Dylan
Vice President

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby jimmyz » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:12 pm

Thank you NSA. f**k you Rand Paul.
" I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing. All of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman.' I want a wife, not a competitor! Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)
jimmyz
Banned
Banned

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby NAB » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:13 pm

jimmyz wrote:Thank you NSA. f**k you Rand Paul.

No, f**k you NSA, and thank you members of the Air Force at Hurlburt Field (Special Forces base). They didn't have to collect the information of every citizen in the U.S. to do their job.

the article wrote:US Air Force Gen. Hawk Carlisle, head of Air Combat Command, explained at an Air Force Association breakfast on Monday how a group of airmen stationed at Hurlburt Field, Florida, saw a photo on social media of an Islamic State militant at his command post. Less than a day later, the Air Force claim, they destroyed the Islamic State headquarters building in the photo.

“The guys that were working down out of Hurlburt, they’re combing through social media and they see some moron standing at this command,” General Carlisle said. “And in some social media, open forum, bragging about the command and control capabilities for Daesh, ISIL. And these guys go: ‘We got an in.’ So they do some work, long story short, about 22 hours later through that very building, three [Joint Direct Attack Munitions] take that entire building out.”
Welcome to our speak board web page
NAB
Governor

Postby Stratego » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:45 pm

that's tactically a cool move, but strategically don't you want them to post a few more pictures from a few more compounds before taking them out all at once?
Sigmund Freud defined four parts of a psyche; the id, the ego, the superego and the stratego. The Stratego being the highest form of morality and scientific thinking.

If guns are not outlawed, the in-laws will have guns.
Stratego
VIP
VIP

Postby Saz » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:48 pm

I always wondered why twitter can't just pull this info. Whenever I tweet it just pulls my closest location, I would think they could geolocate some of those posts pretty easily but I guess not.
Ceterum autem censeo Dylan esse delendam
Saz
Governor

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby John Galt » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:45 pm

Saz wrote:I always wondered why twitter can't just pull this info. Whenever I tweet it just pulls my closest location, I would think they could geolocate some of those posts pretty easily but I guess not.

https://support.twitter.com/articles/11 ... le-devices
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby jimmyz » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:41 am

NAB wrote:
jimmyz wrote:Thank you NSA. f**k you Rand Paul.

No, f**k you NSA, and thank you members of the Air Force at Hurlburt Field (Special Forces base). They didn't have to collect the information of every citizen in the U.S. to do their job.

the article wrote:US Air Force Gen. Hawk Carlisle, head of Air Combat Command, explained at an Air Force Association breakfast on Monday how a group of airmen stationed at Hurlburt Field, Florida, saw a photo on social media of an Islamic State militant at his command post. Less than a day later, the Air Force claim, they destroyed the Islamic State headquarters building in the photo.

“The guys that were working down out of Hurlburt, they’re combing through social media and they see some moron standing at this command,” General Carlisle said. “And in some social media, open forum, bragging about the command and control capabilities for Daesh, ISIL. And these guys go: ‘We got an in.’ So they do some work, long story short, about 22 hours later through that very building, three [Joint Direct Attack Munitions] take that entire building out.”

No again... Thank you NSA -

"The NSA tracks the locations of hundreds of millions of cellphones per day, allowing them to map people's movements and relationships in detail.[55]It reportedly has access to all communications made via Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Yahoo, YouTube, AOL, Skype, Apple and Paltalk,[56] and collects hundreds of millions of contact lists from personal email and instant messaging accounts each year."

Link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Agency
" I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing. All of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman.' I want a wife, not a competitor! Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)
jimmyz
Banned
Banned

Political Leaning: Conservative

Next

Post a reply

Quote Selected

Return to Front Page News