US launches aistrikes in Tirkrit,Gulf states bomb Yemen

Current news and it's political impact.

Re: US launches aistrikes in Tirkrit,Gulf states bomb Yemen

Postby Saz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:22 pm

Tragic KingdomII wrote:What are you talking about? There are 1.6 billion Muslims world wide, only 400 million live in the middle east. So aside from the 75% of Muslims who aren't in the middle east, almost all of the world's muslims are in the middle east? wtf...


Yes, and I'm saying when you exclude the subcontinent, which is ~500 million muslims, and Indonesia, 200M, then you realize just about everyone else left is in the middle east. And fortunately, Muslims in India and Bangladesh and Indonesia don't politicize their religion in a way that leads them to war and terrorism. So counting them here really is irrelevant to the conversation. Indonesia is muslim but honestly has little to nothing to do with middle eastern politics, or the rift between sunni or Shia. Throwing them into the sunni camp and then saying we aren't looking at islam as a whole is a dumb comment when the conversation is about sectarian strife in the middle east.

I don't disagree about political influence and theology. Islam after all was born in the middle east. That doesn't mean you can ignore the roughly 60%+ of Muslims who live in South & South East Asia.

Yes, it does. When the conversation explicitly focuses on religious conflict in the middle east, no one is talking about what Muslims do in Indonesia, or Bangladesh. It would be like me saying christian violence in Nigeria is on the rise, and you pointing out there are 2 billion christians in the world, many in the united states, so my comment is unfounded. It's completely off-topic and out of context.

I guess you can make an argument that Shia Middle Easterns are more in tune with western culture than Sunni Middle Easterns, although I would still disagree with that statement.

When it comes to picking sides they certainly are. Sure some Sunni's are moderate but you also end up with a mix and match of terrorists and fundamentalists. The Saudi's and Egyptians masterminded and carried out 9/11. The Sunni's in Iraq fought us for a decade. The Sunni's in Afghanistan fought us for a decade. The Sunni's in Yemen blew a hole in the Cole. Sunni's from north Africa blew up trains in Madrid and London. Sunni's in ISIS crucify people and burn them alive. I don't give a shit how many billions of moderate sunni's there may be the world over, when associating with them means supporting characters that plotted 9/11 and lay IED's for American troops to stumble on, I'm againt that side.
"Got a whole squad of killas ready to pull the trigger, we strapped, lil azn N***a! @KimJongBOOM" - President Donald Trump on North Korea (August 11, 2017)
User avatar
Saz
Governor
 
Posts: 8192
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:37 am
Location: Airstrip One
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1047 times
Been thanked: 878 times
Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: US launches aistrikes in Tirkrit,Gulf states bomb Yemen

Postby Tragic KingdomII » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:32 pm

Saz wrote:
Tragic KingdomII wrote:What are you talking about? There are 1.6 billion Muslims world wide, only 400 million live in the middle east. So aside from the 75% of Muslims who aren't in the middle east, almost all of the world's muslims are in the middle east? wtf...


Yes, and I'm saying when you exclude the subcontinent, which is ~500 million muslims, and Indonesia, 200M, then you realize just about everyone else left is in the middle east. And fortunately, Muslims in India and Bangladesh and Indonesia don't politicize their religion in a way that leads them to war and terrorism. So counting them here really is irrelevant to the conversation. Indonesia is muslim but honestly has little to nothing to do with middle eastern politics, or the rift between sunni or Shia. Throwing them into the sunni camp and then saying we aren't looking at islam as a whole is a dumb comment when the conversation is about sectarian strife in the middle east.


How the heck is it irrelevant?You're excluding hundreds of millions of sunni muslims to make your argument. You're pretty much saying that if you exclude the non radicals from the conversation, and focus only on those who are likely to be radical, then the vast majority of sunni muslims politicize their religion etc... we're talking about sunni mulims here. Not just sunni muslims in the middle east, and even then your argument is pretty weak. Turkey, Jordan, UAE (have you seen/heard about Dubai), Kuwait, Lebanon are all for the most part far less ingrained in political Islam then the Islamic republic of Iran and Hezbollah.

Yes, it does. When the conversation explicitly focuses on religious conflict in the middle east, no one is talking about what Muslims do in Indonesia, or Bangladesh. It would be like me saying christian violence in Nigeria is on the rise, and you pointing out there are 2 billion christians in the world, many in the united states, so my comment is unfounded. It's completely off-topic and out of context.
The statement I was addressing was a sunni v. shia discussion, with no mention of where exactly these folks live.

When it comes to picking sides they certainly are. Sure some Sunni's are moderate but you also end up with a mix and match of terrorists and fundamentalists. The Saudi's and Egyptians masterminded and carried out 9/11. The Sunni's in Iraq fought us for a decade. The Sunni's in Afghanistan fought us for a decade. The Sunni's in Yemen blew a hole in the Cole. Sunni's from north Africa blew up trains in Madrid and London. Sunni's in ISIS crucify people and burn them alive. I don't give a shit how many billions of moderate sunni's there may be the world over, when associating with them means supporting characters that plotted 9/11 and lay IED's for American troops to stumble on, I'm againt that side.
The Shias in Iraq fought you for a decade as well. Shia militias execute folks all the time, burn down villages and commit massacres. They've laid hundreds of IEDs that have killed many, many US soldiers. Iran funds Shia militias in Iraq that have killed Americans. Maybe they're not out to hit the American homeland, but the argument that they're somehow in tune with Western Culture is ridiculous. Nothing says western culture like an Islamic country and a purely religious political party. Get real dude.

Sunni leaders in the region are for the most part US allies. The entire Gulf, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey (a NATO member). Shia leaders on the other hand are vehemently anti American, anti Israel and do their best to undermine US interests in the region. Don't fool yourself. Just because the US and Iran have a common enemy is not enough reason for the US to all of a sudden shift their favoritism in the region.
Tragic KingdomII
Mayor
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:50 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Political Leaning: Slightly Liberal

Re: US launches aistrikes in Tirkrit,Gulf states bomb Yemen

Postby Saz » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:34 am

Tragic KingdomII wrote:How the heck is it irrelevant?You're excluding hundreds of millions of sunni muslims to make your argument. You're pretty much saying that if you exclude the non radicals from the conversation, and focus only on those who are likely to be radical, then the vast majority of sunni muslims politicize their religion etc... we're talking about sunni mulims here. Not just sunni muslims in the middle east, and even then your argument is pretty weak. Turkey, Jordan, UAE (have you seen/heard about Dubai), Kuwait, Lebanon are all for the most part far less ingrained in political Islam then the Islamic republic of Iran and Hezbollah.


We are only talking about the radicals, and the point is, the Sunni ones are significantly worse than the Shia ones. I don't care how many peaceful Indonesians or Moroccans there are. If the guys planning 9/11, planning the attacks in Europe and beheading Americans on the internet are sunni, then Sunni radicalism concerns me much more than what the Shia do. You are throwing in a bunch of irrelevant sunni's, as if a billion peaceful Sunni's somehow lessens the threat a minority of Sunni extremists pose. It does not. Unless all those Sunni's in Bangladesh and Sudan are going to start actively working to undermine Sunni radicals and keep them from attacking the west, they are completely irrelevant to this discussion.

The statement I was addressing was a sunni v. shia discussion, with no mention of where exactly these folks live.

And live I have said for the 5th time, that's f**k irrelevant. If Sunni radicals are a real threat, then the total number of peaceful sunni's around the globe is irrelevant. I have no idea why you keep bringing it up as numerous people have pointed out it doesn't relate to this discussion in any way.

The Shias in Iraq fought you for a decade as well. Shia militias execute folks all the time, burn down villages and commit massacres. They've laid hundreds of IEDs that have killed many, many US soldiers. Iran funds Shia militias in Iraq that have killed Americans. Maybe they're not out to hit the American homeland, but the argument that they're somehow in tune with Western Culture is ridiculous. Nothing says western culture like an Islamic country and a purely religious political party. Get real dude.

Uhh, this is exactly the f**k point. The Sunni's are out to hit the American homeland, to shoot up European journalists, to behead americans who venture into the region. The Shia haven't done shit to any non-military westerner. It f**k pisses me off what they did in Beruit and all the bullshit during the Iraq war, but those are SOLDIERS. Sunni's behead air workers, kill 3000 American civilians, blow up trains and busses, and murder journalists for making jokes. The simple fact that the Shia groups seem to be capable of distinguishing between military and civilian targets makes them miles closer to western values than the Sunni. And lets not forget, the Shia rebels in Iraq got their shit together and eventually came around. The Sunni's? Fought us to the dead during the war and are STILL f**k around under a new flag. They never learned. And don't give me shit about Iran being an undemocratic religious country. It's still no where near as bad as Saudi, and certainly does not export it's sick brand of fundamentalism in the way Saudi does.

Sunni leaders in the region are for the most part US allies. The entire Gulf, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey (a NATO member). Shia leaders on the other hand are vehemently anti American, anti Israel and do their best to undermine US interests in the region. Don't fool yourself. Just because the US and Iran have a common enemy is not enough reason for the US to all of a sudden shift their favoritism in the region.

You moron, that shit is f**k meaningless. Who possibly gives a f**k is the dictator of Egypt thinks we are allies. It's meaningless. They will still f**k plot against us, they will still burn our flag, and they will still send recruits to fight for ISIS. They are f**k backward based on every poll and you act as if an unpopular dictator pretending to be friends with us makes them similar to us. Based on every poll, Iran is significantly more western in values and culture than ANY of those states you listed (save maybe turkey). You are the one who is fooled here. Shitty sunni leaders who commit gross human rights abuses and who have done nothing economically for their people trick people like you into thinking we are "allies" because they play nice with our diplomats. Meanwhile, their people are the most anti-american and backwards on earth, and given even the slightest opportunity would slaughter as many of our civilians as they can.
"Got a whole squad of killas ready to pull the trigger, we strapped, lil azn N***a! @KimJongBOOM" - President Donald Trump on North Korea (August 11, 2017)
User avatar
Saz
Governor
 
Posts: 8192
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:37 am
Location: Airstrip One
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1047 times
Been thanked: 878 times
Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: US launches aistrikes in Tirkrit,Gulf states bomb Yemen

Postby Doncorelone » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:32 am

Hate to say it, Saz is right on the Sunni Shia issue. I remember once a British journalist was captured by Sadrist forces and then released by Muqtada after a few weeks, where as if he'd of been captured by Sunni radicals, that journalist would be most likely beheaded/set on fire and hung on Fallujah bridge. So who's more reasonable out of the two of them?
User avatar
Doncorelone
Mayor
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:51 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Political Leaning: Socialist

Re: US launches aistrikes in Tirkrit,Gulf states bomb Yemen

Postby Saz » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 am

Of course I'm right. We go through this every week where someone comes here stunned saying saz is right when it turns out I'm always right and it's just most of you are too stubborn or loathe to admit it unless it slaps you in the face.
"Got a whole squad of killas ready to pull the trigger, we strapped, lil azn N***a! @KimJongBOOM" - President Donald Trump on North Korea (August 11, 2017)
User avatar
Saz
Governor
 
Posts: 8192
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:37 am
Location: Airstrip One
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1047 times
Been thanked: 878 times
Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: US launches aistrikes in Tirkrit,Gulf states bomb Yemen

Postby The Comrade » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:05 pm

Doncorelone wrote:Hate to say it, Saz is right on the Sunni Shia issue. I remember once a British journalist was captured by Sadrist forces and then released by Muqtada after a few weeks, where as if he'd of been captured by Sunni radicals, that journalist would be most likely beheaded/set on fire and hung on Fallujah bridge. So who's more reasonable out of the two of them?


don, i never knew you were in to traps.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
The Comrade
Vice President
 
Posts: 18025
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Yugoslavia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1190 times
Been thanked: 1816 times
Political Leaning: Socialist

Re: US launches aistrikes in Tirkrit,Gulf states bomb Yemen

Postby Doncorelone » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:50 pm

Not a trap for me
User avatar
Doncorelone
Mayor
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:51 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Political Leaning: Socialist

Re: US launches aistrikes in Tirkrit,Gulf states bomb Yemen

Postby exploited » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:10 pm

Whose that girl in your avatar?

She's got one of the most punchable chick faces I've even seen.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20721
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2144 times
Been thanked: 1680 times

Re: US launches aistrikes in Tirkrit,Gulf states bomb Yemen

Postby The Comrade » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:39 pm

bailey jay aka line trap. google her.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
The Comrade
Vice President
 
Posts: 18025
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Yugoslavia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1190 times
Been thanked: 1816 times
Political Leaning: Socialist

Previous

Post a reply

Quote Selected
 

Return to Front Page News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest