Eric Holder Resigning

Current news and it's political impact.

Re: Eric Holder Resigning

Postby Mr.Bill » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:44 pm

Actually over the past 4-5 years theres been some very hefty fines against the big banks. Should there have been jail time? Absolutely, but those days are, and have been over for years.

The DoJ was completely asleep during Bush's term. Now they have awaken, alittle. I wish it was more, I would have loved to see Dimon and the rest perp walking to jail, but those days are over. The rich and powerful run our government, so expecting anyone in the government, whether a Wall Street lacky or not, to jail the rich and powerful is no longer realistic.

Th only way to change things is to get money out of politics, but short of a revolution that's no longer realistic.
Mr.Bill
VIP
VIP

Postby eynon81 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Mr.Bill wrote:Actually over the past 4-5 years theres been some very hefty fines against the big banks. Should there have been jail time? Absolutely, but those days are, and have been over for years.

The DoJ was completely asleep during Bush's term. Now they have awaken, alittle. I wish it was more, I would have loved to see Dimon and the rest perp walking to jail, but those days are over. The rich and powerful run our government, so expecting anyone in the government, whether a Wall Street lacky or not, to jail the rich and powerful is no longer realistic.

Th only way to change things is to get money out of politics, but short of a revolution that's no longer realistic.

actually Bush went after more people amazingly enough*

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-zues ... 61086.html

remember Madoff was busted under Bush.
eynon81
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Postby Mr.Bill » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:12 pm

The crash busted Madoff. Without the crash no one would have been the wiser. He'd still be livin large.

back in 1991, the prosecutions were now at an all-time low, down more than half since the year 2000, continuing the plunge that had started when George W. Bush entered the White House. Under President Obama, these prosecutions were about 30% below the GWB annual average

Don't know if the Bush and Obama admins were/are letting these guys skate, or WS is just better at hiding their criminal activities. No one knew, or cared what was happening on WS before 2008.. It's got so fast and complicated now I doubt there are many in the government who really know what was happening in 2008, or now.

But WS is rich and powerful, and a contributor, so I doubt anyone is looking very hard anyway.
Mr.Bill
VIP
VIP

Postby eynon81 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:26 pm

I think it's simply that WS owns the WH.
eynon81
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Previous

Post a reply

Quote Selected

Return to Front Page News