[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
19th Century Greek Labor • Front Page News • Political Crossfire Forums

19th Century Greek Labor

Current news and it's political impact.

19th Century Greek Labor

Postby Daktoria » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:38 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012 ... eek-greece

...so apparently, Greece is so lethargic, uncreative, and boorish that ministries have been suggested a 6 day work week with only 11 hours rest a day.

They rather deserve it for a country so culturally corrupt with nothing better to do to spur economic activity.
If I thank you, you'll have 72 hours to find something I say to thank me back.

Otherwise, it will be removed. I don't like snobs with bad manners who try to become internet celebrities.
Daktoria
Mayor

Political Leaning: Conservative

Re: 19th Century Greek Labor

Postby Fishstyx » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:19 pm

Sad really. I was speaking to a Greek mariner a couple weeks ago. Older gentlemen. He told me he's too old to leave but he constantly urges the youth he interacts with to pack their bags and leave. Anywhere!
Fishstyx
Mayor

Postby Boris Johnson » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:17 pm

Well its simple really, how else can Greek business and the government afford to keep people on the books.

They really need to pull out of the euro. Either way however, its going to be f**k for quite some time. I'm considering a holiday to Crete when they get the new drachma. Going to be cheap.
Boris Johnson
Governor

Political Leaning: Slightly Conservative

Postby Daktoria » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:27 pm

I have a list of citations on Greek cultural corruption here:

http://www.politicsforum.org/forum/view ... #p13918215

The country needs a social overhaul. Its people have no values, so it doesn't matter what they do economically. The people won't be inspired to create anything new because they're a bunch of melodramatic, spoiled, arrogant brats.

Otherwise, it will be removed. I don't like snobs with bad manners who try to become internet celebrities.
Daktoria
Mayor

Postby Boris Johnson » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:50 pm

Boris Johnson
Governor

Political Leaning: Slightly Conservative

Postby Daktoria » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:55 pm

I'm talking cultural corruption, not political corruption. These are people who bribe each other and lie and exaggerate over everything. They don't conduct business straight at all, and their households have the craziest family structures with siblings hating each other one day, loving each other the next. Their parents play extreme favorites, but children are still expected to cling together and contest other families. Intimidation is expected, and self-improvement is despised and exploited. People are expected to struggle together rather than letting individual talents strive for success.

It's a corrupt country, not just a corrupt government.

Daktoria
Mayor

Return to Front Page News