Tragic Massacre Likely Averted

Current news and it's political impact.

Tragic Massacre Likely Averted

Postby uebermann » Fri May 02, 2014 9:55 am

It looks as though a teen was getting ready to really make the headlines:

Police: Minnesota teen planned school massacre

According to authorities in Waseca, Minnesota, John David LaDue, 17, was going to kill his family, start a diversionary fire, set off bombs at an area school, kill the resource officer there and then shoot students.

There, police say, he told authorities of his plan to kill his mother, father and sister and start a fire in rural Waseca to distract first responders. Then, they say, he said he wanted to go to Waseca Junior and Senior High School, where he planned to set off various bombs during lunch, kill the school resource officer, set fires and then open fire on students.

A journal recovered from his home detailed his plan and preparations, said police, who believe he meant to carry out the attack in the next week or two.

So how was this foul plot foiled? Was it one of the surveillance programs that we know the government to be running? Nope!

But because of watchful eyes, he is now behind bars.

"This case is a classic example of citizens doing the right thing and calling the police when things seem out of place. By doing the right thing, unimaginable tragedy has been prevented," the Waseca Police Department said in a Thursday statement.

Police were tipped off to the case two days earlier. Chelsie Shellhas called them about someone acting suspiciously at a storage facility.

"He shut the door, and I thought it looked funny," she told CNN affiliate WCCO. "Because, normally, we see people come here, and it doesn't take them 10 minutes to open a storage shed, so that's why I called it in."

When officers arrived, they saw what looked like bomb-making materials in a locker: a pressure cooker, pyrotechnic chemicals, steel ball bearings and gunpowder.

A person saw something odd and phoned it in to local authorities. [sarcasm]Nice to know our tax dollars were hard at work here [/sarcasm]

quote sources: http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/01/justice/m ... index.html

Bravo to the lady for calling this in. Had this kid pulled this off, it would have been far, far worse than anything else seen before. Its scary how well he had this organized and it was only foiled because someone was paying attention to their surroundings.
uebermann
Site Admin

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Re: Tragic Massacre Likely Averted

Postby John Galt » Fri May 02, 2014 10:04 am

dear diary,

first i'm gonna shoot my mom in the head. then i'm gonna shoot my pops. and then my sister. then im going to light fires so the noob firemen are off dealing with that. then boom goes the dynamite in the lunch room. then hopefully i'll get the more headshot on the coppers then they do on me, he-he.

who the f**k details the plan like that. none of those things require needing to be written down. maybe directions on bomb making, sure, but it's not some elaborate plan
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby John Galt » Fri May 02, 2014 10:06 am

his name is LaDue? lol awesome
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt

These users thanked the author John Galt for the post:
Philly
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby uebermann » Fri May 02, 2014 10:12 am

John Galt wrote:who the f**k details the plan like that. none of those things require needing to be written down. maybe directions on bomb making, sure, but it's not some elaborate plan

Depends on if he has a mental illness or not. It may be hard to keep track of everything if you have 8 voices screaming at you in your head. It also could represent, to him, a very real thing. Since its written down, its something that is tangible and something that must be done, because its on a list. When you just have fleeting thoughts in your head, things don't seem as solid.
uebermann
Site Admin

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby exploited » Fri May 02, 2014 10:59 am

He was externalizing. The act of writing stuff down tends to make plans seem more real and concrete.
exploited
Vice President

Postby Professor » Fri May 02, 2014 12:21 pm

exploited wrote:He was externalizing. The act of writing stuff down tends to make plans seem more real and concrete.

True. And purchasing explosives, timers, and assault rifles (which he had done, according to the story I'd read), furthers that.
Professor
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby John Galt » Fri May 02, 2014 12:29 pm

Professor wrote:
exploited wrote:He was externalizing. The act of writing stuff down tends to make plans seem more real and concrete.

True. And purchasing explosives, timers, and assault rifles (which he had done, according to the story I'd read), furthers that.

he had an SKS. if that's an "assault rifle" then why not change the definition of "rifle" to be "assault rifle"
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Professor » Fri May 02, 2014 12:35 pm

John Galt wrote:
Professor wrote:

he had an SKS. if that's an "assault rifle" then why not change the definition of "rifle" to be "assault rifle"

I don't know what he had, personally. Just what I read.

http://www.mankatofreepress.com/breakin ... der?zc_p=0
Police said they found a massive cache of firearms, bomb-making material and at least three completed bombs when they raided LaDue's home.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1776912
During a press conference Thursday, Waseca Police Capt. Kris Markeson said LaDue was "fully prepared" to carry out the massacre at Waseca Junior and Senior High School and had amassed an arsenal of bombs, assault rifles, handguns and ammo

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow ... z30aKidy8l
At the teenager's home officers said they discovered a second stash of handguns, automatic weapons and a 180-page journal that detailed his plans to murder his parents and sister, then attack Waseca's junior and senior high school with pressure cooker-type bombs and Molotov cocktails, according to a criminal complaint filed on Thursday.
Professor
VIP
VIP

Postby John Galt » Fri May 02, 2014 12:50 pm

yeah star trib, the local paper, says its an SKS assault rifle. these other papers just dropped the SKS because if you look up an SKS you'll see it's not an assault rifle. if it was an AK or something, sure, that's an assault rifle. but this is a small old carbine. it's not a dig on you, it's a dig on these so-called news organizations http://www.startribune.com/local/257505 ... page=2&c=y

no where have i heard what these supposed automatic weapons are either. i'm pretty sure he had some hunting rifles (semi automatic OH NOES) and some hand guns (semiAUTOMATIC OH NOES)

the kid had bombs and shit, he's a bad kid, and it's great his plot was foiled. but lets not pretend he had nuclear weapons when he had pressure cooker bombs
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Professor » Fri May 02, 2014 1:05 pm

John Galt wrote:yeah star trib, the local paper, says its an SKS assault rifle. these other papers just dropped the SKS because if you look up an SKS you'll see it's not an assault rifle. if it was an AK or something, sure, that's an assault rifle. but this is a small old carbine. it's not a dig on you, it's a dig on these so-called news organizations http://www.startribune.com/local/257505 ... page=2&c=y

no where have i heard what these supposed automatic weapons are either. i'm pretty sure he had some hunting rifles (semi automatic OH NOES) and some hand guns (semiAUTOMATIC OH NOES)

the kid had bombs and shit, he's a bad kid, and it's great his plot was foiled. but lets not pretend he had nuclear weapons when he had pressure cooker bombs

Well, to be fair, it was the kid that said he had an SKS. He also said that he had "other rifles" in his gun safe. And, that he was going to use a .22 on his relatives, because his "other guns" are too noisy.

But, I think we're in agreement. What the heck is an "assault" rifle? A good hunting rifle is far more dangerous than some "assault rifle" knockoff that's gonna jam after 3 shots.
Professor
VIP
VIP

Post a reply

Quote Selected

Return to Front Page News