[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Someone I knew just got murdered • Front Page News • Political Crossfire Forums

Someone I knew just got murdered

Current news and it's political impact.

Someone I knew just got murdered

Postby Showboat » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:52 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -band.html

It seems to be all over the news in USA and UK.

The guy lived in Dongguan for years and his son is here too. That's some f**k up shit getting killed over a sing-a-long. Thais... f**k crazy.
But those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S.Lewis
Showboat
Congressman

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Re: Someone I knew just got murdered

Postby PoS » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:59 am

Sad but the one thing I learned as an expat is you dont mess with the locals.

PoS
Governor

Political Leaning: Fascist Libertarian

Postby Showboat » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:24 am

But those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S.Lewis
Showboat
Congressman

Postby PoS » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:05 am

Maybe he was drunk and got carried away. One lapse in judgement and you could end up dead. The thing about Asians is that if you make them lose face they will kill you.

PoS
Governor

Postby NAB » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:45 am

NAB
Governor

Postby The Dharma Bum » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:28 pm

So the locals there carry around little spears or something? WTF?
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby Divinity11 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:53 am

Thankless, and proooouuuud of it!
Divinity11
Congressman

Postby PoS » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:02 am

What a completely useless comment. Run along now.

PoS
Governor

Postby RoyBatty » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:45 pm

That guy looks way familiar to me. I'm almost certain we crossed paths in Bangkok, either at the Grand Hyatt or in Pat Pong. Otherwise at some other touristy spot in Phuket or Pattaya. If I'm right about who this dude is, then I hate to say it but he should have known better. And I'll add things must have gotten extremely out of hand for Thai musicians to lose it that badly.

Those kids are normally forgiving to a fault. They get abuse from drunk foreigners all the time, and they normally just ignore it or look for the wait staff and doormen to get involved. Shit, I've seen bottles thrown at the bands, keyboards and amps knocked over, all kinds of shit. Especially in those kinds of drinking holes. Saw one singer get knocked out in Pat Pong, at a place called Music Cafe. Drunk military looking guy just walked up and plowed the singer hay-maker style. And the guy that threw the punch got hauled out and had the crap kicked out of him BY foreigners.

Not laying blame here, just saying that he might have been taking the "arrogant dunk westerner" spiel to the extreme.
RoyBatty
Mayor

Postby Kane » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:07 am

I've met and talked to a murderer before the deed was done.

He's in prison for life now.
Kane
Vice President

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Return to Front Page News