'Culture of Death' Now Targets School Girls

Debate opinion topics of original content.

'Culture of Death' Now Targets School Girls

Postby SmithSmith » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:53 am

Health expert warns of Democrat push for taxpayer-funded IUDs for young teens

http://www.wnd.com/2015/07/culture-of-d ... ool-girls/

I think, they'd better keep their hands off our children. Those kids aren't even developed at that time. How can they even think of putting little girls through that ?

I heard that taxpayer funding for this is already happening in Washington State under Medicaid. The girls are being qualified for Medicaid without their parents consent using the fact that these girls do not have an income and therefore are destitute. Do you know anything about it?
SmithSmith
Council Member
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 4:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Re: 'Culture of Death' Now Targets School Girls

Postby Winchester » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:01 am

Image

Culture of death... really? The Colorado "experiment" decreased teen pregnancy rates by 40% and teen abortion by 42%, one would think pro-lifers would be ecstatic... but no it really is about the immorality of sex and controlling women with that crowd.

http://blog.sfgate.com/morford/2015/07/ ... the-world/

These users thanked the author Winchester for the post (total 2):
eynon81Tejada
User avatar
Winchester
Governor
 
Posts: 5521
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:07 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 753 times
Been thanked: 789 times

Re: 'Culture of Death' Now Targets School Girls

Postby eynon81 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:46 am

yep...it's about controlling sex:
Colorado Family Action, which opposed state funding for the program, said using taxpayer dollars would have inappropriately inserted the government between children and their parents.

"We believe that offering contraceptives to teens, especially long-acting reversible contraceptives, while it may prevent pregnancy, does not help them understand the risks that come with sexual activities," CFA said in a statement. "We should not remove parents from the equation — equipping teens for safe sex without their parent's involvement bypasses this critical parental right and responsibility. Parents need to be the primary educator when it comes to sexual education and the primary decision about healthcare choices for their children. Lastly, Colorado taxpayers should not be paying for the 'Cadillac' of birth control for minor children."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... /29818499/

btw...the Republicans* may have killed the Colorado Experiment.


*only reason those ass f**k even won the senate was because of the magazine ban and the maybe a new law making it easier to sue ex-employers....so far they sabotaged an effort to overturn the ban and they haven't done jack on the other.
User avatar
eynon81
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 19475
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:38 am
Location: Golden, Colorado
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3875 times
Been thanked: 1821 times
Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Re: 'Culture of Death' Now Targets School Girls

Postby Libertarian602 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:09 am

Aren't these programs voluntary?
“Liberty has not only enemies which it conquers, but perfidious friends, who rob the fruits of its victories: Absolute democracy, socialism.”
-Lord Acton
User avatar
Libertarian602
Senator
 
Posts: 1304
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:29 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 135 times
Political Leaning: Libertarian

Re: 'Culture of Death' Now Targets School Girls

Postby eynon81 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:17 am

Libertarian602 wrote:Aren't these programs voluntary?



I believe so. truth be told I'm not that familiar with it, the focus has been on the rural parts of the state where most of the teenage moms get made.
User avatar
eynon81
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 19475
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:38 am
Location: Golden, Colorado
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3875 times
Been thanked: 1821 times
Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Re: 'Culture of Death' Now Targets School Girls

Postby uebermann » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:20 am

Moved to The Soapbox as thread start did not meet the criteria for starting a new thread in the General Discussion forum.
Image
User avatar
uebermann
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5491
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Tyler, TX
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 364 times
Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Re: 'Culture of Death' Now Targets School Girls

Postby Libertarian602 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:24 am

Even though tax payers funding birth control for kids never sits right with me, I don't see how screaming about the "culture of death" getting birth control for kids, helps your argument against abortion.
He's kinda shooting his self in the foot with that one.
“Liberty has not only enemies which it conquers, but perfidious friends, who rob the fruits of its victories: Absolute democracy, socialism.”
-Lord Acton
User avatar
Libertarian602
Senator
 
Posts: 1304
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:29 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 135 times
Political Leaning: Libertarian

Re: 'Culture of Death' Now Targets School Girls

Postby eynon81 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:40 am

Libertarian602 wrote:Even though tax payers funding birth control for kids never sits right with me, I don't see how screaming about the "culture of death" getting birth control for kids, helps your argument against abortion.
He's kinda shooting his self in the foot with that one.


I think racial politics plays a part in it too...most of the kids getting helped by this program are poor, rural, hispanics. most of those opposed to it are clueless white bubble-people from northern colorado springs or the south suburbs of denver. the whole thing about getting between the child and her parents is painfully naive. many of these kids grow up in a culture were getting pregnant as a teen is not considered bad and sometimes pushed by their elders (who often started having kids of their own when they were teens). it's potentially giving these kids a chance to hold off on having kids and go out and succeed in life, helping break the cycle of rural poverty we've had in the south-west since the 18th freaking century.

the ultimate savings to my state and society are enormous. i just don't get it man....
Last edited by eynon81 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

These users thanked the author eynon81 for the post:
Libertarian602
User avatar
eynon81
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 19475
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:38 am
Location: Golden, Colorado
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3875 times
Been thanked: 1821 times
Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Re: 'Culture of Death' Now Targets School Girls

Postby Winchester » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:51 am

eynon81 wrote:
Libertarian602 wrote:Even though tax payers funding birth control for kids never sits right with me, I don't see how screaming about the "culture of death" getting birth control for kids, helps your argument against abortion.
He's kinda shooting his self in the foot with that one.


I think racial politics plays a part in it too...most of the kids getting helped by this program are poor, rural, hispanics. most of those opposed to it are clueless white bubble-people from northern colorado springs or the south suburbs of denver. the while thing about getting between the child and her parents is painfully naive. many of these kids grow up in a culture were getting pregnant as a teen is not considered bad and sometimes pushed by their elders (who often started having kids of their own when they were teens). it's potentially giving these kids a chance to hold off on having kids and go out and succeed in life, helping break the cycle of rural poverty we've had in the south-west since the 18th freaking century.

the ultimate sayings to my state and society are enormous. i just don't get it man....


My cousins (1/2 Hispanic) who grew up in Hispanic neighborhoods in Denver are a testament to this. Jesus they're 4-5 years younger than I am and both already have a number of grandkids (one of them 4). Smart hard working people but shit none of them went to college because all the f**k kids they had got in the way.

These users thanked the author Winchester for the post:
eynon81
User avatar
Winchester
Governor
 
Posts: 5521
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:07 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 753 times
Been thanked: 789 times

Re: 'Culture of Death' Now Targets School Girls

Postby eynon81 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:07 am

Winchester wrote:My cousins (1/2 Hispanic) who grew up in Hispanic neighborhoods in Denver are a testament to this. Jesus they're 4-5 years younger than I am and both already have a number of grandkids (one of them 4). Smart hard working people but shit none of them went to college because all the f**k kids they had got in the way.



apt...very apt. too many kids too fast leads to all sorts of pain later in life; divorce, domestic violence, poverty. plenty of folks end up being my clients primarily because they had babies too early.

had a friend in law school from New Mexico, she would talk to me about all the shit she got from her family for going to college and not having babies like she should. middle-class Hispanics (even lower class Hispanics are like "yeah....I know") get it and pushed the program (Pueblo was like "yay!")....it's the white bubble-people who oppose it.


I'm focusing on hispanics a bit too much, plenty of white-folk need this program too. As you well know certain parts of the western US....man, it's thunder-dome.

These users thanked the author eynon81 for the post (total 2):
WinchesterTejada
User avatar
eynon81
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 19475
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:38 am
Location: Golden, Colorado
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3875 times
Been thanked: 1821 times
Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Next

Return to The Soapbox

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest