Will WWIII Happen In The Next Couple Decades?

Debate opinion topics of original content.

Will WWIII Happen In The Next Couple Decades?

Postby SmithSmith » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:11 am

The US and its allies have never ever been for security of any kind. They have been and still are only interested in global conquest and control. This why the US over throws one country after another with ISIS or Al-Qaeda they continue to fund and train even today and use the fake war on ISIS or Al-Qaeda smoke screen. The biggest terrorist organization on earth is the one in the White House and in Washington and Saudi Arabia and some of their allies, I hope, you know that.

So let's go back to my question. Will WWIII happen in the next couple decades?
SmithSmith
Council Member
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 4:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Re: Will WWIII Happen In The Next Couple Decades?

Postby spacemonkey » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:37 am

No. We have the war on terror now. It could last for a hundred years and have a body count just as impressive as a the big show.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor
 
Posts: 4756
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:54 am
Location: cyberspace
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 265 times

Re: Will WWIII Happen In The Next Couple Decades?

Postby John Galt » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:46 am

spacemonkey wrote:No. We have the war on terror now. It could last for a hundred years and have a body count just as impressive as a the big show.


WWII led to between 70 and 85 million deaths. in fact, global deaths from war in this new century are lower than at any time during the last.

Worldwide, deaths caused directly by war-related violence in the new century have averaged about 55,000 per year, just over half of what they were in the 1990s (100,000 a year), a third of what they were during the Cold War (180,000 a year from 1950 to 1989), and a hundredth of what they were in World War II. If you factor in the growing global population, which has nearly quadrupled in the last century, the decrease is even sharper. Far from being an age of killer anarchy, the 20 years since the Cold War ended have been an era of rapid progress toward peace.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2011/08/15/think-again-war/
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt

These users thanked the author John Galt for the post:
eynon81
User avatar
John Galt
Technical Admin
 
Posts: 12215
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:22 pm
Location: Bowling Green Massacre Survivor
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 568 times
Been thanked: 1264 times
Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: Will WWIII Happen In The Next Couple Decades?

Postby spacemonkey » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:53 am

John Galt wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:No. We have the war on terror now. It could last for a hundred years and have a body count just as impressive as a the big show.


WWII led to between 70 and 85 million deaths. in fact, global deaths from war in this new century are lower than at any time during the last.

Worldwide, deaths caused directly by war-related violence in the new century have averaged about 55,000 per year, just over half of what they were in the 1990s (100,000 a year), a third of what they were during the Cold War (180,000 a year from 1950 to 1989), and a hundredth of what they were in World War II. If you factor in the growing global population, which has nearly quadrupled in the last century, the decrease is even sharper. Far from being an age of killer anarchy, the 20 years since the Cold War ended have been an era of rapid progress toward peace.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2011/08/15/think-again-war/

My guess is 99% of the population wants to live in peace and just get along. Then lowlife crap like isis is born. My guess also is a suitcase nuke will be set off eventually, and I hope the world won't over react when it happens. If there is a flashpoint, that could be it.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor
 
Posts: 4756
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:54 am
Location: cyberspace
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 265 times

Re: Will WWIII Happen In The Next Couple Decades?

Postby Kane » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:55 am

War is coming...
Stephen Jay Gould wrote:When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
User avatar
Kane
Governor
 
Posts: 7143
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:09 pm
Location: The Yay
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 490 times
Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Re: Will WWIII Happen In The Next Couple Decades?

Postby eynon81 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:58 am

Kane wrote:War is coming...



go on....
User avatar
eynon81
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 19475
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:38 am
Location: Golden, Colorado
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3875 times
Been thanked: 1821 times
Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Re: Will WWIII Happen In The Next Couple Decades?

Postby uebermann » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:05 pm

Topic does not meet requirements for posting a new topic in the General Discussion forum. Moved to The Soapbox.
Image
User avatar
uebermann
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5490
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Tyler, TX
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 364 times
Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Re: Will WWIII Happen In The Next Couple Decades?

Postby Kane » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:23 pm

eynon81 wrote:
Kane wrote:War is coming...



go on....


We're entering a century that's going to be full of developing trade blocs and competing interests along with a very assertive China. Stuff is developing even now.
Stephen Jay Gould wrote:When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
User avatar
Kane
Governor
 
Posts: 7143
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:09 pm
Location: The Yay
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 490 times
Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican


Return to The Soapbox

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest