Republicans should be banned from foreign policy

Debate opinion topics of original content.

Republicans should be banned from foreign policy

Postby exploited » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:47 pm

Because I can't remember the last time I heard a Republican talk about foreign policy who wasn't retarded, they should be banned from discussing or controlling foreign policy. A Republican President must be stripped of war making powers, and only allowed to act after a declaration from Congress.

Thoughts?
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20721
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2144 times
Been thanked: 1680 times

Re: Republicans should be banned from foreign policy

Postby Mr.Bill » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:40 pm

The best is Rand Paul.. I never liked Ron Paul, but I will admit he stuck to his libertarian guns, no matter who or what group he was talking too. His foreign policy was consistent everytime!!

Rand on the other hand is your typical modern day Republican.. One day he is a libertarian isolationist.. But then the next day when he's talking to a neo-con group of Republicans or TP people he wants to bomb everyone, including Canada.. ;)
Mr.Bill
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 3548
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:13 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 174 times
Been thanked: 227 times

Re: Republicans should be banned from foreign policy

Postby Medius » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:10 pm

Meh, don't really see how only republicans get this treatment. Democrats profess not to be in to this sort of thing, but then do it. Presumably because people will think them weak if they don't. How is that more rational?

Yes, what they say may seem more rational, but what they do is just as bad.
User avatar
Medius
Governor
 
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:21 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 495 times
Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Re: Republicans should be banned from foreign policy

Postby The Comrade » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:12 pm

i think it should be noted that when it comes to foreign policy there is a de facto american policy that any president adheres to regardless of ideology.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

These users thanked the author The Comrade for the post:
LordHargreaves
User avatar
The Comrade
Vice President
 
Posts: 18025
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Yugoslavia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1190 times
Been thanked: 1816 times
Political Leaning: Socialist

Re: Republicans should be banned from foreign policy

Postby exploited » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Yeah it's really the Congressional Republicans that stand out as retards now that I think on it. So I strike my comments re: the Presidency from the record.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20721
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2144 times
Been thanked: 1680 times

Re: Republicans should be banned from foreign policy

Postby Medius » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:50 pm

exploited wrote:Yeah it's really the Congressional Republicans that stand out as retards now that I think on it. So I strike my comments re: the Presidency from the record.


I agree with you, so don't take my points as "nah nah, the other side does it too". The root isn't really some complex hypocrisy, it is that politicians at the national level are predominately soulless shells of human existence.

Put people in a position in which they can express themselves with no real impact or actual chance at getting things done a particular way, and they'll wax ideological. Put them in a position where they can actually unilaterally make policy, and you pretty well get identical results regardless of ideology. It is because the differences between these guys is superficial and exhibits only in those places where they can safely throw around what their constituents want to hear, without any actual chance of the consequences of seeing the horrible results of their stupid ideas.

I don't think the reason for this is some grand conspiracy, but more simply, that our political system consistently elevates the same type of dick-bag that doesn't give a crap about actually changing things, but just wants to get their face in a museum, their name on a school, and as much money and power as they can accumulate.

These users thanked the author Medius for the post:
The Dharma Bum
User avatar
Medius
Governor
 
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:21 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 495 times
Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Re: Republicans should be banned from foreign policy

Postby Saz » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:51 pm

The Comrade wrote:i think it should be noted that when it comes to foreign policy there is a de facto american policy that any president adheres to regardless of ideology.


aka bomb iraq
"Got a whole squad of killas ready to pull the trigger, we strapped, lil azn N***a! @KimJongBOOM" - President Donald Trump on North Korea (August 11, 2017)
User avatar
Saz
Governor
 
Posts: 8192
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:37 am
Location: Airstrip One
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1047 times
Been thanked: 878 times
Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: Republicans should be banned from foreign policy

Postby exploited » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:10 pm

Medius wrote:
exploited wrote:Yeah it's really the Congressional Republicans that stand out as retards now that I think on it. So I strike my comments re: the Presidency from the record.


I agree with you, so don't take my points as "nah nah, the other side does it too". The root isn't really some complex hypocrisy, it is that politicians at the national level are predominately soulless shells of human existence.

Put people in a position in which they can express themselves with no real impact or actual chance at getting things done a particular way, and they'll wax ideological. Put them in a position where they can actually unilaterally make policy, and you pretty well get identical results regardless of ideology. It is because the differences between these guys is superficial and exhibits only in those places where they can safely throw around what their constituents want to hear, without any actual chance of the consequences of seeing the horrible results of their stupid ideas.

I don't think the reason for this is some grand conspiracy, but more simply, that our political system consistently elevates the same type of dick-bag that doesn't give a crap about actually changing things, but just wants to get their face in a museum, their name on a school, and as much money and power as they can accumulate.


Good post.

The biggest difference I've noticed in recent years is that the Democrats at least seem somewhat pragmatic. All the f**k in Iraq and Afghanistan were brought up by the Dems. Even the idiots who supported Iraq at least understood that how it was being waged was really awful and stupid.

I guess I just feel as if even though the foreign policy of both parties is pretty similar and crazy, the Dems are more competent.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20721
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2144 times
Been thanked: 1680 times

Re: Republicans should be banned from foreign policy

Postby Saz » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:15 pm

Medius wrote:
exploited wrote:Yeah it's really the Congressional Republicans that stand out as retards now that I think on it. So I strike my comments re: the Presidency from the record.


I agree with you, so don't take my points as "nah nah, the other side does it too". The root isn't really some complex hypocrisy, it is that politicians at the national level are predominately soulless shells of human existence.

Put people in a position in which they can express themselves with no real impact or actual chance at getting things done a particular way, and they'll wax ideological. Put them in a position where they can actually unilaterally make policy, and you pretty well get identical results regardless of ideology. It is because the differences between these guys is superficial and exhibits only in those places where they can safely throw around what their constituents want to hear, without any actual chance of the consequences of seeing the horrible results of their stupid ideas.

I don't think the reason for this is some grand conspiracy, but more simply, that our political system consistently elevates the same type of dick-bag that doesn't give a crap about actually changing things, but just wants to get their face in a museum, their name on a school, and as much money and power as they can accumulate.


i remember she i figured out how democracy works. they all do the same because they are all elected by the same electorate who demand the same things.
"Got a whole squad of killas ready to pull the trigger, we strapped, lil azn N***a! @KimJongBOOM" - President Donald Trump on North Korea (August 11, 2017)
User avatar
Saz
Governor
 
Posts: 8192
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:37 am
Location: Airstrip One
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1047 times
Been thanked: 878 times
Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: Republicans should be banned from foreign policy

Postby Mr.Bill » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Actually it comes down to right NOW the Dems are less dangerous. Both parties suck, and are hypocritical..

But with what the GOP is going through right now, they are a very, very dangerous bunch. With them ideology is all important.. If someone doesn't follow their PURE ideology they are banished from the Party. It's is like a religion. You screw up you are out of the religion, with the current GOP if you screw up you're out of the party. So what's happening is most GOP politicians are saying and doing things just to follow the Party's rigid idealogical, instead of what they truly believe. That's dangerous because no one, no party, no country can be that pure.
Mr.Bill
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 3548
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:13 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 174 times
Been thanked: 227 times

Next

Return to The Soapbox

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest