A serious proposal to cut defense spending

Debate opinion topics of original content.

Re: A serious proposal to cut defense spending

Postby uebermann » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:25 am

No article listed. Moved to Soapbox.
uebermann
Site Admin

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Re: A serious proposal to cut defense spending

Postby Candace » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:18 am

Bases, so many bases, private contractors, enlistment bribes- yeah reductions should be made.
I have a suggestion, maybe for a different thread.

We could take the money we save from reductions and pay for psychological evaluations/ treatment of the surveillance personnel who will become deranged by watching people from the shadows for so long without real human contact.

It's a known hazard of the job. Why doesnt anyone address it? By sneaking around in everyone's personal business, these online spies can develop unhealthy attachments to some. After many privacy violations are made, they imagine they've shared something special with that person. Inevitably, its realized nothing other than some very regrettable internet space was shared. Said watcher flips out for being vulnerable, and for her opting out of sharing any further internet space with him.
What happens next?

It's been said that at that stage the embarrassed and enraged internet tracker/spy will shoot for 24/7 punish/damage control, following her everywhere, wreaking some havoc in her life, intercepting personal emails, erasing security mailing addresses, even very strangely creating and spreading a fictitious identity of her online and much etc more! I've read that its been thought they do this to put an 'appropriate' face on their watching obsession that could keep their gullible watching coworkers at a distance/or maybe even to keep the obsession "legal". But really, motives are unknown.

if we must spend excessively, I wish this country would revere spending to care for the suffering not to create it.
Candace
Citizen

Previous

Return to The Soapbox