Time to kill the Munich Meme.

Items of historical significance.

Re: Time to kill the Munich Meme.

Postby The Comrade » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:15 am

war might cost money?

no way
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
The Comrade
Vice President
 
Posts: 17977
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Yugoslavia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1188 times
Been thanked: 1813 times
Political Leaning: Socialist

Re: Time to kill the Munich Meme.

Postby exploited » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:28 am

So retarded :))

Yeah, economic losses of two trillion dollars in three months, no big thang. Projected over a year would result in losses of roughly half the GDP of your country. And that is assuming everything goes according to plan... and doesn't account for the cost of actually waging the war, which will easily be in the hundreds of billions.

Go away, come back when you're ready to behave like an adult.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20599
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2128 times
Been thanked: 1671 times

Re: Time to kill the Munich Meme.

Postby The Comrade » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:55 am

come back when you aren't grasping at every worst case scenario that fits your isolationist mindset.

and that's global economy. in a year the global economy will shrink over 10% because of iran? in a single year?


bullshit
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
The Comrade
Vice President
 
Posts: 17977
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Yugoslavia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1188 times
Been thanked: 1813 times
Political Leaning: Socialist

Re: Time to kill the Munich Meme.

Postby exploited » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:35 pm

The Comrade wrote:come back when you aren't grasping at every worst case scenario that fits your isolationist mindset.

and that's global economy. in a year the global economy will shrink over 10% because of iran? in a single year?


bullshit


Herp herp, I don't believe you because it hurts my preconceptions!

Do you have anything to refute the two valid sources I've posted, or are you going to continue your long and illustrious history of just saying things?
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20599
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2128 times
Been thanked: 1671 times

Re: Time to kill the Munich Meme.

Postby The Comrade » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:40 pm

refute what? a paper from unnamed scientists on what they think a war will cost? how does one refute conjecture with conjecture? because that's all that this is.


but i can say, with a high degree of certainty, that fighting iran will not destroy a tenth of the worlds economy. that's equivalent to china or the US going completely tits up all at once and not mitigating it at all. absurd.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
The Comrade
Vice President
 
Posts: 17977
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Yugoslavia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1188 times
Been thanked: 1813 times
Political Leaning: Socialist

Re: Time to kill the Munich Meme.

Postby exploited » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:45 pm

The Comrade wrote:refute what? a paper from unnamed scientists on what they think a war will cost? how does one refute conjecture with conjecture? because that's all that this is.


but i can say, with a high degree of certainty, that fighting iran will not destroy a tenth of the worlds economy. that's equivalent to china or the US going completely tits up all at once and not mitigating it at all. absurd.


Yeah, that's what I figured. You've got nothing, yet again.

Great posts Comrade. I feel nothing but embarrassment for your arguments. Oh and GWP is like $80 trillion, the US alone is $15-17 trillion. The $1-2 trillion dollar losses are just for your country alone.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20599
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2128 times
Been thanked: 1671 times

Re: Time to kill the Munich Meme.

Postby The Comrade » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:07 pm

exploited wrote:
The Comrade wrote:refute what? a paper from unnamed scientists on what they think a war will cost? how does one refute conjecture with conjecture? because that's all that this is.


but i can say, with a high degree of certainty, that fighting iran will not destroy a tenth of the worlds economy. that's equivalent to china or the US going completely tits up all at once and not mitigating it at all. absurd.


Yeah, that's what I figured. You've got nothing, yet again.

Great posts Comrade. I feel nothing but embarrassment for your arguments and your country - even smart Americans turn into dumb Americans when reminded of their own fallibility.

Pathetic.


you aren't pointing out american infallibility. you're saying fighting iran is a world economic apocalypse. that is completely irrelevant to the capabilities of the US.

it's also outrageously stupid.

for one, it rests on the assumption that we'd invade, occupy, and rebuild iran. lol right off the bat. do i even need to continue? because there's no way that's even an option going forward.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
The Comrade
Vice President
 
Posts: 17977
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Yugoslavia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1188 times
Been thanked: 1813 times
Political Leaning: Socialist

Re: Time to kill the Munich Meme.

Postby exploited » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:14 pm

Incorrect, that is based sheerly on a bombing campaign targeting Iranian military units who would attempt to close the Straits, and the destruction of their nuclear infrastructure. The cost of an occupation would be exponentially greater. The authors of the study said it isn't possible to model any numbers past three months, since there would be too many variables to remain accurate.

Also, your numbers are way off. US GDP is like 15-17 trillion... these losses are only from your economy, and don't account for global losses. So yes, a global economic meltdown is definitely feasible, considering its only been a little while since the largest financial collapse in history... which was triggered by bad mortgages, not even an actual threat to energy security, lol.

Murica! Murica! Murica!

There, you don't have to respond now, I've already made your argument for you.

Also, lol @ Americas capabilities. Yes, we have already discussed this. I realize the US is the best at killing bad guys. What matters is that doing so would have devastating effects on the global economy. Please review my argument:

The US could easily destroy Iran assuming the political, human and economic costs didn't matter. But they do, and the Iranian government will plan accordingly.
Last edited by exploited on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20599
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2128 times
Been thanked: 1671 times

Re: Time to kill the Munich Meme.

Postby The Comrade » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:20 pm

exploited wrote:Incorrect, that is based sheerly on a bombing campaign targeting Iranian military units who would attempt to close the Straits, and the destruction of their nuclear infrastructure. The cost of an occupation would be exponentially greater. The authors of the study said it isn't possible to model any numbers past three months, since there would be to many variables to remain accurate.

Also, your numbers are way off. US GDP is like 15-17 trillion... these losses are only from your economy, and don't account for global losses. So yes, a global economic meltdown is definitely feasible, considering its only been a little while since the largest financial collapse in history... which was triggered by bad mortgages, not even am actusl threat to energy security, lol.

Murica! Murica! Murica!

There, you don't have to respond now, I've already made your argument for you.


did you even read this report? it's costs to the GLOBAL economy, of which you extrapolated it would cost an equivalent to half the GDP of the US in a year, or over 10% of the world economy just disappearing suddenly. also a bailout every year, because this war is going to last centuries (iran and the quds force being the super power they are. how will we get through all their russian AA batteries?)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
The Comrade
Vice President
 
Posts: 17977
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Yugoslavia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1188 times
Been thanked: 1813 times
Political Leaning: Socialist

Re: Time to kill the Munich Meme.

Postby exploited » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:27 pm

You are correct, it is global costs.

Now, do you have any actual evidence suggesting this report is inaccurate? Is there a methodology problem? Is the nonpartisan Federation of American Scientists secretly an Iranian propaganda group? Why was this reported on almost every major news outlet on the internet, since it is so unbelievable because you said so?

Or are you just going to go "NO! Nuh uh! Impossible! Murica! Murica! Murica!"

Run along. Leave the debates to adults capable of addressing facts and sources, rather than crying because you're bad at foreign policy and can't form an argument for the life of you.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20599
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2128 times
Been thanked: 1671 times

PreviousNext

Return to History

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests