Should we have attacked China head on in the Korean War?

Items of historical significance.

Re: Should we have attacked China head on in the Korean War?

Postby PoS » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:55 am

If youre gonna go by that argument then Hitler didnt want war until 1944 as well.
the reactionaries
Image
User avatar
PoS
Governor
 
Posts: 4266
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:50 pm
Location: Oceania
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 495 times
Been thanked: 309 times
Political Leaning: Fascist Libertarian

Re: Should we have attacked China head on in the Korean War?

Postby The Comrade » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:02 pm

PoS wrote:If youre gonna go by that argument then Hitler didnt want war until 1944 as well.


cool. that's completely irrelevant since i'm not talking about hitler.
User avatar
The Comrade
Vice President
 
Posts: 18156
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Yugoslavia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1197 times
Been thanked: 1837 times
Political Leaning: Socialist

Re: Should we have attacked China head on in the Korean War?

Postby Mr.Bill » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:57 pm

'm inclined to think that World War II was just a continuation of World War I.


Yeah, I've said that forever.. IMO WWI never really ended.. WWII was just a continuation.. I forget his name but in 1919 at Versailles after seeing the terms of the treaty a French Diplomat said in 20 years we'll be at war with Germany again.. He was off by only a few months..

That said that still doesn't excuse Stalin land grabs.. He was most certainly involved in WWII before Barbarossa. And of his own doing.
Mr.Bill
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 3548
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:13 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 174 times
Been thanked: 227 times

Re: Should we have attacked China head on in the Korean War?

Postby PoS » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:40 am

The Comrade wrote:
PoS wrote:If youre gonna go by that argument then Hitler didnt want war until 1944 as well.


cool. that's completely irrelevant since i'm not talking about hitler.

Well all your dilly dallys only supports my argument that Stalin wouldnt attack unless he had a clear advantage and since the Soviets did not achieve nuke parity until the 60's then there was no way the USSR would have intervened on China's side had we attacked it in the Korean war. Thanks for playing.
the reactionaries
Image
User avatar
PoS
Governor
 
Posts: 4266
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:50 pm
Location: Oceania
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 495 times
Been thanked: 309 times
Political Leaning: Fascist Libertarian

Re: Should we have attacked China head on in the Korean War?

Postby The Comrade » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:22 am

PoS wrote:
The Comrade wrote:
PoS wrote:If youre gonna go by that argument then Hitler didnt want war until 1944 as well.


cool. that's completely irrelevant since i'm not talking about hitler.

Well all your dilly dallys only supports my argument that Stalin wouldnt attack unless he had a clear advantage and since the Soviets did not achieve nuke parity until the 60's then there was no way the USSR would have intervened on China's side had we attacked it in the Korean war. Thanks for playing.


they nearly started a hot war in 48 over berlin and you're telling me they wouldn't back the second largest communist state?

you can kindly put your head back up your ass and waddle out of this conversation.
User avatar
The Comrade
Vice President
 
Posts: 18156
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Yugoslavia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1197 times
Been thanked: 1837 times
Political Leaning: Socialist

Re: Should we have attacked China head on in the Korean War?

Postby PoS » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:14 am

The Comrade wrote:
PoS wrote:
The Comrade wrote:
PoS wrote:If youre gonna go by that argument then Hitler didnt want war until 1944 as well.


cool. that's completely irrelevant since i'm not talking about hitler.

Well all your dilly dallys only supports my argument that Stalin wouldnt attack unless he had a clear advantage and since the Soviets did not achieve nuke parity until the 60's then there was no way the USSR would have intervened on China's side had we attacked it in the Korean war. Thanks for playing.


they nearly started a hot war in 48 over berlin and you're telling me they wouldn't back the second largest communist state?

you can kindly put your head back up your ass and waddle out of this conversation.

Hey Einstein, did the Soviets attack anybody during the blockade?

I guess you dont have any idea when it comes to differences between Maoist and Leninist communist ideology either. Ask your mom to take you to the library next time.
the reactionaries
Image
User avatar
PoS
Governor
 
Posts: 4266
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:50 pm
Location: Oceania
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 495 times
Been thanked: 309 times
Political Leaning: Fascist Libertarian

Re: Should we have attacked China head on in the Korean War?

Postby The Comrade » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:00 pm

PoS wrote:
The Comrade wrote:
PoS wrote:
The Comrade wrote:
PoS wrote:If youre gonna go by that argument then Hitler didnt want war until 1944 as well.


cool. that's completely irrelevant since i'm not talking about hitler.

Well all your dilly dallys only supports my argument that Stalin wouldnt attack unless he had a clear advantage and since the Soviets did not achieve nuke parity until the 60's then there was no way the USSR would have intervened on China's side had we attacked it in the Korean war. Thanks for playing.


they nearly started a hot war in 48 over berlin and you're telling me they wouldn't back the second largest communist state?

you can kindly put your head back up your ass and waddle out of this conversation.

Hey Einstein, did the Soviets attack anybody during the blockade?

I guess you dont have any idea when it comes to differences between Maoist and Leninist communist ideology either. Ask your mom to take you to the library next time.


i said head, ass, waddle on out.
User avatar
The Comrade
Vice President
 
Posts: 18156
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Yugoslavia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1197 times
Been thanked: 1837 times
Political Leaning: Socialist

Re: Should we have attacked China head on in the Korean War?

Postby PoS » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:58 pm

No, you!
the reactionaries
Image
User avatar
PoS
Governor
 
Posts: 4266
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:50 pm
Location: Oceania
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 495 times
Been thanked: 309 times
Political Leaning: Fascist Libertarian

Re: Should we have attacked China head on in the Korean War?

Postby Stratego » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:39 am

I think the superiority and threat of the nuclear bomb was over-hyped. The bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were equivalent to about 35 Kilotons of damage. Those were considered big ass bombs at the time, but the actual damage is less than 1% of the damage that was done by conventional bombs.
Sigmund Freud defined four parts of a psyche; the id, the ego, the superego and the stratego. The Stratego being the highest form of morality and scientific thinking.

If guns are not outlawed, the in-laws will have guns.
User avatar
Stratego
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 3251
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:27 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 554 times

Re: Should we have attacked China head on in the Korean War?

Postby The Dharma Bum » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:32 am

still enough to wipe out a city
Image
User avatar
The Dharma Bum
Vice President
 
Posts: 11594
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:31 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3285 times
Been thanked: 617 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

PreviousNext

Return to History

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests