What happened to this forum?

Comments, suggestions and general requests related to the site itself.

Re: What happened to this forum?

Postby Kane » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:03 pm

Hola
Stephen Jay Gould wrote:When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
Kane
Governor

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby Spider » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:21 pm

IBM, welcome back. :)
Ernest Shackleton: "Men wanted for hazardous journey, small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful, honor and recognition in case of success."

Onward to Mars
Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby uebermann » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:53 pm

Beltsman wrote:I was a long-time poster here going back over a decade, then I remember some years ago the site went offline and then I guess this is the new (relative term) reincarnation. What was all the drama? I remember at the time PCF was probably the biggest political forum but it seems to have lost that stature. I still see a lot of old posters though, so hello!

I'm the former IronBrigadeMike (IBM), by the way.

Howdy!

Brief explanation here:

http://www.answers.com/Q/What_happened_ ... ire_forums

The original PCF went down due to hardware/software failure. The site was still running on PHPBB2.0 and did not have an active administrator/coder to work on the site. Forum user Quell had proposed setting up a backup site in case PCF had a large crash for users to go to and keep in contact, however the site staff deleted threads about the backup site, citing forum policies about not advertising other forums. After a few crashes, PCF finally went down permanently and quite a few users found their way to Political Panic - the backup site started by Quell - though the majority of the site membership was lost.
Political Panic ran into its own set of problems and eventually turned into Political-Crossfire.com. Only a few of the old PCF posters remain on the site, though it is still active currently as of Oct 2014.
uebermann
Site Admin

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby uebermann » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:54 pm

need to add to that saying that we now also have the original politicalcrossfire.com domain back too.
uebermann
Site Admin

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby IBM » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:30 pm

Philly wrote:Mike what up. You were one of my favorite posters back in the day and on Aaron Rodgers dick way before anyone else.

heh, yes indeed.

And thanks for the answers yall.

And yeah I remember all the old timers here. Good to see the old gang. Glad a part of it is still together. It's unfortunate what happened.

Edit: Actually, any way to change my name to IBM? Wasn't really thinking when I signed up and just threw something in there.
IBM

Postby Kane » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:39 pm

You're still the Iron Brigade known as Mike?
Stephen Jay Gould wrote:When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
Kane
Governor

Postby John Galt » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:06 pm

Beltsman wrote:
Philly wrote:Mike what up. You were one of my favorite posters back in the day and on Aaron Rodgers dick way before anyone else.

heh, yes indeed.

And yeah I remember all the old timers here. Good to see the old gang. Glad a part of it is still together. It's unfortunate what happened.

Edit: Actually, any way to change my name to IBM? Wasn't really thinking when I signed up and just threw something in there.

I can do this for you; your name will change and all other information (such as pass) will stay the same. let me know that you are okay with it, and, if you can't log in after, realize that it is because you need to change the login to IBM, IronBrigadeMike, IRON_BRIGADE_MIKE, or whatever it is you ask

which is it, by the way? please confirm (and then I need to see if that's available)
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby IBM » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:12 pm

John Galt wrote:
Beltsman wrote:

heh, yes indeed.

I can do this for you; your name will change and all other information (such as pass) will stay the same. let me know that you are okay with it, and, if you can't log in after, realize that it is because you need to change the login to IBM, IronBrigadeMike, IRON_BRIGADE_MIKE, or whatever it is you ask

which is it, by the way? please confirm (and then I need to see if that's available)

I'll do "IBM" to keep it simple (without the quotations). Thanks!
IBM

Postby Kane » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:01 am

Irritable Bowel Movement. I like it.
Kane
Governor

Postby IBM » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:21 am

Kane wrote:Irritable Bowel Movement. I like it.

Heard that about 1000 times 10 years ago ;)
IBM

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback and Help