Known Bugs

Comments, suggestions and general requests related to the site itself.

Known Bugs

Postby uebermann » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:25 am

Please report any problems with the site here.

• BBVideo code does not work with Quick Reply. Works for starting a thread and normal reply. - uebermann - fixed
  • Thanks are offset to the right from where they should be under posts -uebermann - fixed
  • The URL button to put a url and descriptor breaks by putting a "www." in front of the http, making the link invalid. - uebermann - problem located and temporarily resolved.
  • Thanks For Post mod not working on all posts. - John Galt - Fixed
  • Absolution Memberlist sort by letter is not working and returns a site 404 error. - uebermann - Fixed the variable references in the style
  • Absolution header links off on smaller resolutions (goes into white area where text is unreadable) - Clarino - issue is with the css/header somewhere. need it to expand into the next row if one is generated.
  • Prosilver theme looks off on mobile browser (android) or when browser resized to a small area - Stratego - issue likely lies with adjusted settings for profile info to appear on left
  • Subsilver2 is missing Donate and Social Networking profile fields. - uebermann - This is by design currently. Its likely only Prosilver based themes will be active and fully functional on this site.

These users thanked the author uebermann for the post:
John Galt
uebermann
Site Admin

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Re: Known Bugs

Postby John Galt » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:44 pm

I'm got some sql problems.... i can't reproduce. this is what i did though:

navigate to board list
clicked on my name at bottom of screen where it says "top thank list"
under the profile that you then navigate to, it says "Been thanked: x times. View/Close list" where you can click on the view/close to open it. do that
click on the resulting "for post" link

expected: navigate to post

actual:

sql error page (which i put in my copy past buffer and like an idiot lost)
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby uebermann » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:51 pm

Hmm odd. went to the post for me. I'll keep an eye out though and watch the server logs for MySQL errors.
uebermann
Site Admin

Postby John Galt » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:52 pm

the + and - buttons in the reply box are kinda silly

also, the "quick reply" does not have a video tag. which is fine (i put in [youtube] tags and they worked fine, as i usually just typed them) however, the video posting functionality is improved with this version of software and i think people would like that on the quick reply

on a similar note, the [*] button (to create a new list item) should be moved to the left of the video icon. that is, it shouldn't have the video button between it and the other two list buttons. a small thing but... yeah
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby John Galt » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:55 pm

why is this thread rating 50%? what makes it that way? i see the "thanks" adds to "rating" but why isn't it 100%? when i take away the thanks it just takes away the rating entirely, it doesn't bump it down to zero. it's a bit confusing. do it have to do with people who read it / people who thanked?
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby uebermann » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:56 pm

John Galt wrote:the + and - buttons in the reply box are kinda silly

Well, some people like a big posting space. If it gets in the way, it can be easily removed.

also, the "quick reply" does not have a video tag. which is fine (i put in [youtube] tags and they worked fine, as i usually just typed them) however, the video posting functionality is improved with this version of software and i think people would like that on the quick reply

Yeah part of the known bugs. I think its an issue with the way the bbvideo tag displays the numbers in it for height/width but I am going to have to dig through the Quick Reply changes to see where the conflict is.

on a similar note, the [*] button (to create a new list item) should be moved to the left of the video icon. that is, it shouldn't have the video button between it and the other two list buttons. a small thing but... yeah

Noted thanks. Will move it now.

John Galt
uebermann
Site Admin

Postby John Galt » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:58 pm

oh jesus i read it and it didn't... f**k me haha

well the +/- are silly just cuz you can scroll. it's not in the way though no. i just find that entire row of buttons to be less than useful compared to the other two, and it's the top row. im not sure there's much to do about it tbh
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby John Galt » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:58 pm

oh f**k shit don't start this
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby uebermann » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:59 pm

John Galt wrote:why is this thread rating 50%? what makes it that way? i see the "thanks" adds to "rating" but why isn't it 100%? when i take away the thanks it just takes away the rating entirely, it doesn't bump it down to zero. it's a bit confusing. do it have to do with people who read it / people who thanked?

Honestly not sure. Unfortunately, I didn't see any place that explained exactly how it worked. I just added it to make sure the mod worked. I figured we could look at it later and sort it out heh. It has a LOT of configurable options.

John Galt
uebermann
Site Admin

Postby John Galt » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:05 pm

ahhh ha....

• Rating is built on a number of thanks for the posts. For 100% rating is the highest number of thanks for post (leader). Rating the remaining posts is defined as a percentage of the ranking leader.
    For example, the maximum number of thanks for post #1 = 10. This is 100%. Then post #2 with 5 thanks will have a rating of 50% (10/5). Post #3 with 3 thanks will have a rating of 33,3% (10/3), etc.
    If the post #1 will receive another thanks (10 +1 = 11), his rating will remain 100% (as leader). Rating post #2 is 45.5% (11/5), rating post #3 is 27.3% (11/3).
  • Position ranking is determined by the number of thanks. Topics rating is made up of the sum of the topic's posts thanks. Forum's rating is made up of the sum of the forum's posts thanks.
    It Is Important!
  • Rating system works correctly if there are no records in the database of thanks in relation to remote, moved posts or posts from guests.
    Therefore, you must use the "Update thanks counters" tool (in ACP) after mass delete posts, topics, users, or other action of the moderators or administrators (for example, change poster or merge accounts). The "Update thanks counters" function to work properly requires MySQL version 4.1 or higher.

so within each thread the most thanked posted is the best rated (which makes sense) but then across the entire forum the most thanked thread gets it, and these are in relation to those threads. so with 50% thanks its because the most thanked post is 2, somewhere else

i went ahead and thanked a different post in here from you. this thread now has 2 thanks ergo it is the greatest most important thread on the forum and has 100% on it

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... for_posts/
John Galt
Technical Admin

Next

Return to Feedback and Help