[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Manchin McConnell's McConnell • Page 2 • General Discussion • Political Crossfire Forums

Manchin McConnell's McConnell

The place for general political discussion.

Re: Manchin McConnell's McConnell

Postby John Galt » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:50 am

unemployment in MN is 1.8% and I can get gas for 3.23 (most is around 3.90 i suppose, crazy how big gaps there are in pricing around the state). i don't see how 1.8% unemployment is sustainable. cashier at gas stations are advertised for like 20/hr now starting

i made some joke a couple weeks ago about how Biden when he gets done with covid he should do what Trump actually wanted to do and verbally expressed to underlings, but didn't because he didn't have the STRENGTH: when doing a victory lap in the beast for supporters to show that he can beat covid, exit the car to reveal the superman outfit underneath. little did i know just how perfect it would have been

instead Joe just throws on some aviators and sign shit in the rose garden. same effect
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby John Galt » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:21 pm

FBI raids Mar-a-Lago

>Trump declined to say why the FBI agents were at Mar-a-Lago, but the former President said the raid was unannounced and “they even broke into my safe.”
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Kane » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:59 pm

Kane
Vice President

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby John Galt » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:18 am

its allegedly related to how he mishandled (illegally stole) classified information -- something which the law explicity forbids anyone convicted of from ever holding any public office. also what Trump himself said in 2016 if you were investigated for anything involving mishandling of classified information whatsoever it is immediately disqualifying. he even complained about clinton when he was whining about his beautiful home under siege

but also a few hours before this went down the DOJ got all of Alex Jones' phone records
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Kane » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:19 am

Yeah ok - this will be dumber than people suspect.
Kane
Vice President

Postby John Galt » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:02 pm

lmao alex jones sending naked pics of his wife to roger stone, without her knowledge or consent

dems pushing insulin again, that's good. they need to keep it up, keep pushing on everything. dems actually fighting a culture war and they'll make gains. when even kansas blows away opposition to abortion you know which side most people are on. only once has the sitting president gained seats in midterm since WWII, and that was in the aftermath of Sept 11th. I think Joe can do it. I think Joe can flip state houses. I think Joe is just getting started.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby John Galt » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:38 am

so seems like the air went out of the room on Joe's victory lap with the Trump-appointed head of the FBI raiding Trump's property. but I think Joe can just put on the aviators and keep on talking about what he wants to talk about. the foxnewsosphere people are acting even more insane than usual over this but I mean, the dude's a criminal
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby uebermann » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:17 pm

FBI raids Trump for papers he took from the WH.

I'd be very, very surprised if anything comes from this more than a comment of "he shouldn't have done it."

Gives the GOP and conservative news some fuel for the fire, though. My junk mail has already been inundated from conservative email blasts about how this is the start of the Democrat coup, in "smearing" the leading contender for the GOP nod for 2024.
uebermann
Site Admin

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby John Galt » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:57 pm

If this is nuclear documents as has been reported, a former president of the United States will be facing the death penalty

Stunning
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Kane » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:38 pm

Are you shitting me?
Kane
Vice President

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion