[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
DeSantis is Gross • General Discussion • Political Crossfire Forums

DeSantis is Gross

The place for general political discussion.

DeSantis is Gross

Postby Kane » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:20 am

https://thehill.com/changing-america/en ... faculty-be

College's in Florida will have to conduct surveys that compel people to state their political beliefs? And it could lead to budgetary cuts if there isn't enough "diversity?"

How...is this freedom? You're just doing what the safe space people advocated for on the opposite side of the pendulum.

Hey Ron - aren't people free to apply to whatever college they want? Isn't that "choice?"
Kane
Vice President

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Re: DeSantis is Gross

Postby John Galt » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:15 am

my mother when i was growing up was very conservative, socially and politically. we were all raised catholic but after her dad died she had some crisis of faith and ended up in the baptist deep end. slowly but surely she got worse and started going to baptist services, which last for hours and hours. i got in so much trouble one time my father allowed her to punish me by taking me to baptist services. they forced me into a room with other children where they turned on the TV which was talking about the devilish lie of evolution. i hated every moment of this. my father finally put an end to it by telling her she was hurting the family, and, because a woman should obey her husband, she listened.

after this, my mom went back to college. she first got her graduate degree, then she got her doctorate. she became a professor of education for a decade or so (she now owns and operates a tutoring business). and this entire time what happened? she changed, politically and socially, to far more liberal. sure she might still favor pro-life, but outside of that? she has a pussycat hat now. my point is, that after receiving the requisite education to be a professor it deeply effected her views to become liberal... where is deSantis going to find these people to have more "intellectual diversity"? she got her graduate degree in Florida.
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby Kane » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:23 am

I think I have no interest in ever visiting Florida.
Kane
Vice President

Postby Spider » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:40 pm

Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby John Galt » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:19 am

i know people like to think florida will be completely inundated but it would take millennia for that all to happen and even if every last bit of ice melted and we increased temps significantly to expand water, a lot of florida would still be above water sadly, although i don't know about local gravity -- for example iceland is expected to increase in height from sea level if nearby greenland melts because the local gravity of the ice being gone impacts more than amount it adds to sea level generally. this isn't to even claim this isn't all real and needs to be addressed now but i think making claims that will never come to pass don't really help. it's bad enough with things right now; i didn't want to go outside for several days with amazing temps because the air was smoky here in minnesota because manitoba is on fire
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Spider » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:19 pm

Twas just a little joke, Galt. I'm not selling my DIS shares yet.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby exploited » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:46 pm

exploited
Vice President

Postby John Galt » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:27 pm

yeah it's so crazy. and it's happening with regularity that i get canadian smoke in my house over the past few years. the border is 300 miles away and it has made me cough from smoke outside
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Kane » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:57 pm

So far this has been a nice summer in the bay - no large plumes of smoke hanging over us yet.

*knocks on wood
Kane
Vice President

Postby Kane » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:44 pm

Kane
Vice President

Next

Return to General Discussion