Servicing my Giant Yukon 2009

The place for general political discussion.

Servicing my Giant Yukon 2009

Postby thepast123 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:48 pm

Hi all,

I have a Giant Yukon 2009 mountain bike. I've flogged it a bit and it's in need for a service. Is there some sort of service manual available for my bike that might have diagrams of all the parts (particularly the tricky cranks and gears etc) which I'll need to open up to give the bike a good clean and service? Do Giant publish manuals for their bikes, or is bike servicing a tightly kept secret dark art that only a few people can posess the skill in?

To tell you the truth I want to take my bike apart and give it a good clean and servicing, but I'm scared I won't be able to put the thing together again. Darn.

Can anyone point me in the direction of help. Is there a book/manual I can download, similar to a car manual?

Cheers
thepast123

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Re: Servicing my Giant Yukon 2009

Postby thepast123 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:49 pm

There is stacks of info available for free on the internet. Here are some good (excellent, IMO) sites to get you started:

carmanuals

For a learner, my recommendation would be to focus on one particular part at a time. For example: Front wheel hub. Learn how to overhaul that part, do it and then move onto the next part...
thepast123

Re: Servicing my Giant Yukon 2009

Postby thepast123 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:50 pm

[quote="thepast123"]Hi all,

I have a Giant Yukon 2009 mountain bike. I've flogged it a bit and it's in need for a service. Is there some sort of service manual available for my bike that might have diagrams of all the parts (particularly the tricky cranks and gears etc) which I'll need to open up to give the bike a good clean and service? Do Giant publish manuals for their bikes, or is bike servicing a tightly kept secret dark art that only a few people can posess the skill in?

To tell you the truth I want to take my bike apart and give it a good clean and servicing, but I'm scared I won't be able to put the thing together again. Darn.

Can anyone point me in the direction of help. Is there a book/manual I can download, similar to a car manual?

Cheers[/quote]
carmanuals.org
thepast123

Return to General Discussion