What can be done about sexual assault?

The place for general political discussion.

Re: What can be done about sexual assault?

Postby NAB » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:32 pm

ToddStarnes wrote:Last time you had sex with an attractive women, space monkey? Be honest.


He needs a first time before he can answer that.
Welcome to our speak board web page
User avatar
NAB
Governor
 
Posts: 7584
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:27 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 1080 times

Re: What can be done about sexual assault?

Postby ToddStarnes » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:35 pm

Sad!
ToddStarnes
Senator
 
Posts: 1918
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:11 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: What can be done about sexual assault?

Postby NAB » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:40 pm

ToddStarnes wrote:Sad!


I don’t want to imagine spacemonkey’s Hall of Shame....shudder.
Welcome to our speak board web page
User avatar
NAB
Governor
 
Posts: 7584
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:27 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 1080 times

Re: What can be done about sexual assault?

Postby Spider » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:02 pm

NAB wrote:
ToddStarnes wrote:Sad!


I don’t want to imagine spacemonkey’s Hall of Shame....shudder.


Lots of feathered hair, denim jackets, and packs of Misty Ultra Lights on the counters of truck stop diners.
Ernest Shackleton: "Men wanted for hazardous journey, small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful, honor and recognition in case of success."

Onward to Mars
User avatar
Spider
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 11555
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:38 pm
Location: Out in the sticks.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 857 times
Been thanked: 1020 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: What can be done about sexual assault?

Postby ToddStarnes » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:12 pm

I sensed a sort of brokeback mountain vibe tbh. He must hate gays that much for some reason
ToddStarnes
Senator
 
Posts: 1918
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:11 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: What can be done about sexual assault?

Postby fstarcstar » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:05 pm

Spider wrote:Also...if you can't directly quote me literally saying something...please don't just invent something and claim I said it. Thanks? There's a handy quote function and everything. Use it, rather than just making shit up. I can walk you through anything you're having trouble with.


How about this.

Spider wrote:
fstarcstar wrote:2. Stop circulating wrong facts. There is no 1 in 4 girls sexually assaulted, that puts us on the same level as Uganda and the Congo.

What makes you so sure?


You asked what makes me so sure. I provided you with links. I didn't say I supported any of the groups mentioned, I simply cited the survey. Said survey was provided for you. You said you didn't like it. You haven't provided any alternative stats, nor have you provided any reasonable explanation as to why you didn't like said survey. You can hate the groups mentioned in the articles all you want, I don't care and I don't follow them. You simply stated you went to college and you don't like the survey. This is all fine and dandy except this is government data provided over years of statistics, something liberals would flock too if it was any other topic that they agreed with. You are simply turning your head because you don't like the narrative.

You can always bring up the issue of sexual assaults that aren't accounted for or are never reported, which is a valid argument (and I referred to that multiple times mind you). But I said that it's not 1 in 4 and you asked me what makes me so sure. I've already laid out what I was referring too.

So the burden here is on you to either debate my points legitimately or shut up. You asked, I provided. Debate the finer points. "I went to college once" is not a valid debate at all.
Image
User avatar
fstarcstar
Governor
 
Posts: 2400
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:47 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 126 times
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: What can be done about sexual assault?

Postby ToddStarnes » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:11 pm

Spider wrote:
NAB wrote:
ToddStarnes wrote:Sad!


I don’t want to imagine spacemonkey’s Hall of Shame....shudder.


Lots of feathered hair, denim jackets, and packs of Misty Ultra Lights on the counters of truck stop diners.

We really did grow up in the same region didn't we
ToddStarnes
Senator
 
Posts: 1918
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:11 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: What can be done about sexual assault?

Postby Spider » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:12 pm

fstarcstar wrote:
How about this.

What makes you so sure?


You quoted me asking a 5 word question? Okay?

Wow! You really got me!

You asked what makes me so sure. I provided you with links. I didn't say I supported any of the groups mentioned, I simply cited the survey. Said survey was provided for you. You said you didn't like it. You haven't provided any alternative stats, nor have you provided any reasonable explanation as to why you didn't like said survey. You can hate the groups mentioned in the articles all you want, I don't care and I don't follow them. You simply stated you went to college and you don't like the survey.


lol. See? There you go again. I repeat: If you can't quote me saying it, I didn't. Please don't make shit up. Actually, what I stated was:

Well, thanks for taking the time, but as we've already been saying, this is entirely a matter of how the term is defined, which seems completely arbitrary to me. If we go by the Dept of Justice definition I provided earlier, being groped in a bar is sexual assault. And, I'm assuming you didn't socialize much in college if you honestly believe only 1 of 40 women in college has had horny sweaty grabby hands on them. If I just sit here for about 20 seconds and try to remember all the f**k up shit going on...getting groped at a gathering was the very least of their worries.

And, as you say, this is mostly college girls. What about high schooler? This is the 21st century, people are sexually active practically starting in middle school. At least that was the case when I was a kid.

What about child abuse? Molestation? Pretty shocking stats on that as well (which I'm sure you'd either or ignore or explain away...for some reason?).

Honestly man...this is real life. Not Jesus Camp. It's not just the men of God chasing after all the flesh in easy reach. Its pervasive. For every woman we've met with a story about this stuff, how many more are there who are afraid or ashamed or simply don't want to blow up their lives and stay silent?

Your position holds water if we choose to define sexual assault only as the most violent forms. Straight up rape and sexual torture/enslavement and abuse. But again...what we're actually arguing about here isn't the prevalence of victims...it's which pile to sort them into and under what circumstances.




This is all fine and dandy except this is government data provided over years of statistics, something liberals would flock too if it was any other topic that they agreed with. You are simply turning your head because you don't like the narrative.


Actually, that is what you are doing. You don't like the statistics. So you sought out an earlier and highly flawed study (via a bunch of trashy snowflake conservatives) that purposefully disregarded alcohol related issues in order to misrepresent the actuality of what's going on. As I said: basically what they are doing is rejecting one result because they don't like the conclusions, and substituting another, earlier, result...because they do. They had to dig something up that conveniently precluded alcohol-related problems, because of course alcohol is probably the most common denominator in all of this. I mean...what better way to outrageously minimize a problem? And, hilariously, you really expected this to be taken seriously? To say nothing of the response rate. To say nothing of the fact this these sorts of things usually go unreported, unadmitted, and unpunished.

You can always bring up the issue of sexual assaults that aren't accounted for or are never reported, which is a valid argument (and I referred to that multiple times mind you). But I said that it's not 1 in 4 and you asked me what makes me so sure. I've already laid out what I was referring too.


Great. I simply disagree with your conclusions, and I disagree with your bizarro church lady group, and I disagree with a study that minimizes alcohol as a factor.
This is a debate site. People will disagree. Rejecting one study because you don't like it and substituting one favored by Peggy Hill doesn't make you correct.

1. I asked what made you so sure.
2. You told me.
3. I disagreed with your conclusion, and told you why. I still do. I think its ideologically motivated horseshit...and I think you know it is. But...you are an ideologue and can't budge.
4. You started crying and making shit up because...well. I don't actually know. I guess you though if you pasted in a URL it was over?

So the burden here is on you to either debate my points legitimately or shut up. You asked, I provided. Debate the finer points. "I went to college once" is not a valid debate at all.


I already have. At length and in detail, in this very thread.

You have simply chosen to ignore entire posts and instead make up random shit. As usual. Everything I've just explained to you has already been covered in posts you have ignored (for obvious reasons). I can sit here and repost it, or retype it...and you will simply ignore it and make up some mindless nonsense about "I went to college once". :)) I mean...wtf? What do you want me to do? Just keep reposting it over and over in the hopes that you might make a rebuttle instead of simply inventing shit I never said to respond to instead? :))

Basically, fstat, the burden is on you to either debate my points legitimately or shut up. So far, you haven't even tried. Neither of you clowns has. You've simply ignored what I've said and dropped straw men such as that "I went to college once" thing above. Hilariously...I never even spoke that sentence. You just invented it from whole cloth. You seem to think you can drop a source and declare victory. But that's not how this works. And you don't even get irony points for rejecting one study and then substituting another only to get pissy when someone simply does the reverse. See how this works? :)

*shrug*

I guess all that's left is to just keep reposting everything ad nauseam until you stop pretending you can't see it and actually form a rebuttal.
Ernest Shackleton: "Men wanted for hazardous journey, small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful, honor and recognition in case of success."

Onward to Mars
User avatar
Spider
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 11555
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:38 pm
Location: Out in the sticks.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 857 times
Been thanked: 1020 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: What can be done about sexual assault?

Postby phosphide » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:29 pm

The National Crime Victimization Survey conducted by the Department of Justice is not ideological horseshit. :))
We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will yet swell the chorus when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.
- Abraham Lincoln
phosphide
Senator
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 59 times
Political Leaning: Libertarian

Re: What can be done about sexual assault?

Postby Spider » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:45 pm

phosphide wrote:The National Crime Victimization Survey conducted by the Department of Justice is not ideological horseshit. :))


Never said it was.

I said fstar's conclusion was ideologically motived horsehit. Because it is.

.... :|

You really are just f**k illiterate. Aren't you? It's not that you're just making this stuff up...it's that you simply don't comprehend what you read. Is that it?






....

Be careful, you two, that you don't hilariously fall into another fallacious appeal to authority. Learn to think for yourselves, instead of dick riding one study while shunning the next one.
Ernest Shackleton: "Men wanted for hazardous journey, small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful, honor and recognition in case of success."

Onward to Mars
User avatar
Spider
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 11555
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:38 pm
Location: Out in the sticks.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 857 times
Been thanked: 1020 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest