Vegas Shooting

The place for general political discussion.

Re: Vegas Shooting

Postby John Galt » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:52 pm

you're right that i should have said "used in" but the rest stands
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby NAB » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:47 pm

After reading his recent book on the Death of Expertise, I’ve become a big fan of Tom Nichols. Good common sense article concerning the recent mass shooting in Texas.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la ... story.html
Welcome to our speak board web page

These users thanked the author NAB for the post:
Spider
NAB
Governor

Postby spacemonkey » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:04 pm

Using guns in committing a crime should carry automatic death penalty. No deals, no plea agreements. Just the firing squad. No, self defense don't count.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby John Galt » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:55 pm

spacemonkey wrote:Using guns in committing a crime should carry automatic death penalty. No deals, no plea agreements. Just the firing squad. No, self defense don't count.

that encourages murder

put it this way, if you're going to get executed if you murdered someone or not since you used a gun to rob the convenience store, why even leave inconvenient witnesses? i favor use of death penalty, but only when appropriate
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby ToddStarnes » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:09 pm

NAB wrote:After reading his recent book on the Death of Expertise, I’ve become a big fan of Tom Nichols. Good common sense article concerning the recent mass shooting in Texas.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la ... story.html

We absorb this message in our popular culture, and we reinforce it by assuring each other on social media that any of us can be the hard-eyed gunslinger in our own personal action movie.

Good article. This line reminds me of this land manatee buddy of mine from college who posted some long melodramatic Facebook screed years ago about how gun carriers walk among you ready to serve and protect at the drop of a hat blah blah blah.

The only violence I saw this fat f**k commit was when he cut his own finger off drunk, for the record. But yeah he's gonna save the day when ISIS comes calling to Nevada lmao.
ToddStarnes
Senator

Postby exploited » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:54 pm

John Galt wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:Using guns in committing a crime should carry automatic death penalty. No deals, no plea agreements. Just the firing squad. No, self defense don't count.

that encourages murder

put it this way, if you're going to get executed if you murdered someone or not since you used a gun to rob the convenience store, why even leave inconvenient witnesses? i favor use of death penalty, but only when appropriate

Barbaric.
exploited
Vice President

Postby spacemonkey » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:47 pm

John Galt wrote:

that encourages murder

How about 20 years just for having a gun while doing a crime. Auto death if someone is shot and killed. As is now, the punishment seems to be free room and board for life. Most of us actually spend our lives being productive to secure that, and they get it as punishment, lol.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Previous

Return to General Discussion