[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
American Health Care Act of 2017 • Page 7 • General Discussion • Political Crossfire Forums

American Health Care Act of 2017

The place for general political discussion.

Re: American Health Care Act of 2017

Postby Spider » Wed May 10, 2017 2:00 pm

Fair enough.

The original bill passed by the House did include that public option, though. Which was of course intended to eventually facilitate the transition away from private insurers. Which is the point I was trying to get across when I said "supposed to be". Incorrect of me to express it so.

My position remains that the original intent was (and is) single payer. We'd have a public option now if not for Lieberman. Well, we'd have had a public option for a little while, anyways, lol.

These users thanked the author Spider for the post:
exploited
Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby John Galt » Wed May 10, 2017 2:29 pm

Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby exploited » Wed May 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Considering Spider makes trips to Canada often *shudder* I'm surprised he is mistaking the two.
exploited
Vice President

Postby exploited » Wed May 10, 2017 2:45 pm

I'm super proud of him for kind-of-sort-of admitting he was wrong though.
exploited
Vice President

Postby Spider » Wed May 10, 2017 3:39 pm

lol yes Galt. I know.

As I said: The original bill passed by the House did include that public option, though. Which was of course intended to eventually facilitate the transition away from private insurers. Which is the point I was trying to get across when I said "supposed to be". Incorrect of me to express it so.

My position remains that the original intent was (and is) single payer.

I'm aware that the public option is not single payer in the same way that I'm aware that a triangle is not a square. I didn't say they are the same thing. I said that the one was intended to facilitate the transition to the other. Literally. Right there, in black and white, directly above.

Here we go again. :popcorn:

I've already stipulated to the rest of your post. As I said, my mistake.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby exploited » Wed May 10, 2017 3:43 pm

Goddamnit Spider, you were so close!
exploited
Vice President

Postby phosphide » Wed May 10, 2017 6:21 pm

We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will yet swell the chorus when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.
- Abraham Lincoln
phosphide
Senator

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Postby John Galt » Wed May 10, 2017 6:39 pm

Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby exploited » Wed May 10, 2017 7:54 pm

exploited
Vice President

Postby phosphide » Wed May 10, 2017 8:08 pm

We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will yet swell the chorus when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.
- Abraham Lincoln
phosphide
Senator

Political Leaning: Libertarian

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion