[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Antifa • Page 11 • General Discussion • Political Crossfire Forums

Antifa

The place for general political discussion.

Re: Antifa

Postby John Galt » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:18 pm

Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby Spider » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:24 pm

Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby John Galt » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:55 pm

I quoted you word for word. I did cut it at the comma, but the rest of the clause doesn't change anything about the first part of the sentence in which you declared half of Americans to either KKK or Nazis

Which is pretty rich considering that the Nazis exterminated what they viewed as undesirables and because these Americans are against killing the undesired they are therefore Nazis, says you
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Spider » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:04 pm

Right. I said things like typical, likely, and plainly stated that it doesn't apply to all anti-choicers. Anticipating this willful childishness, I even included a "read that as many times as necessary before it sinks in" immediately after stating it. And still, no dice lol.

I didn't make an absolute statement at all, merely noted a strong correlation. And you responded with absolutist hyperbole about your own assumptions, leaving the above, clearly stated, out entirely.

You didn't directly quote me...you ignored my entire post and built straw man instead on a sentence fragement, ignoring the words present in the very same sentence fragment! Because internet, I guess?

^...Can you still not see it?
Spider
VIP
VIP

Postby Spider » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:11 pm

This is a familiar pattern, and one that I've come to enjoy endlessly over the years.

Wanna spoil my fun? Read all the words, consider what they mean, instead of drawing your own assumptions. Don't take my intentionally non-absolutist statement as absolutism. I mean...it's like playing a drum. I can throw down provocative posts with very clearly defined scopes and limits...and then sit here and smile while you flip out and hyperbolically fly off well beyond those scopes and limits and start drawing conclusions not present in said post.

You gotta stop making it so easy for me. :))
Spider
VIP
VIP

Postby John Galt » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:20 pm

Okay but at least of a quarter of the country is a Nazi. At least. You said not all pro life people are "shit", but the "typical" one is. To be typical it would be majority, but I would go further and say at least 2/3rds. So we're at like at least one in three people in America being Nazis, says you, because they are against the extermination of undesirables

And again, the rest of the sentence was about how they wouldn't like be described as Nazis, but says you, they are Nazis

And people wonder why we can't have civil discourse. Since people are against the murder of children they are therefore Nazis according to you. And yes, that is what they are against because that is what they believe. That you think they want women all barefoot and pregnant is a monstrously incorrect statement; more women than men are pro life. Or in spider-reckoning, Nazis.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Spider » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:51 pm

Last edited by Spider on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Postby Spider » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:54 pm

Clearly, you enjoy twisting my words into something else, omitting them entirely from your conclusions, and misquoting me. And I enjoy correcting you. I've been doing it for years. I wouldn't bother if it wasn't kinda fun, and neither would you. No need to cry about civil discourse if you insist on playing that particular game.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Postby exploited » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:28 pm

lmao

How many times have we seen this exact scene play out?

Spider says something that means a very specific thing, somebody else calls him out for his shitlib statement, then Spider claims he was deliberately misinterpreted​.

Pathetic.

These users thanked the author exploited for the post (total 3):
PhillyGremlinJohn Galt
exploited
Vice President

Postby John Galt » Mon May 01, 2017 2:10 pm

These users thanked the author John Galt for the post:
fstarcstar
John Galt
Technical Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion