Why I voted for Trump

The place for general political discussion.

Why I voted for Trump

Postby Luke Skywalker » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:53 am

Interesting article, that is worth the read: One word: JOBS

I can relate to the stories in the article. I'm one of the working poor (and on disability) and I'm here to tell you that I'd much rather have a job, than to be on govt. health insurance.

Having a good job and self-respect is essential for any man, who is capable of working.

I have a good job these days, which I've held since January of this year. My life is becoming "great again."

Things are looking up - enough said.

ps - Just for the record, I'm a Libertarian - meaning that I didn't support either Trump or Hillary. But, I did vote for our current president - "the enemy of my enemy is my friend," come election time.

Liberals are/have been my biggest enemy. They are so condescending and hypocritical.

So glad Hillary didn't win.

**==
Luke Skywalker
VIP
VIP

Re: Why I voted for Trump

Postby a777pilot » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:53 am

I, too, voted for Trump, and that vote came down to just one word: Hillary.
To err is human. To forgive divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

These users thanked the author a777pilot for the post:
Luke Skywalker
a777pilot
Mayor

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby Winchester » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:49 pm

a777pilot wrote:I, too, voted for Trump, and that vote came down to just one word: Hillary.

So if Bernie had won the Democratic nomination you'd have voted for him?
Winchester
Governor

Postby a777pilot » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Winchester wrote:
a777pilot wrote:I, too, voted for Trump, and that vote came down to just one word: Hillary.

No, but I would have voted for Jim Webb over Trump.
To err is human. To forgive divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.
a777pilot
Mayor

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby Winchester » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:52 pm

Luke Skywalker wrote:Interesting article, that is worth the read: One word: JOBS

I can relate to the stories in the article. I'm one of the working poor (and on disability) and I'm here to tell you that I'd much rather have a job, than to be on govt. health insurance.

Having a good job and self-respect is essential for any man, who is capable of working.

I have a good job these days, which I've held since January of this year. My life is becoming "great again."

ps - Just for the record, I'm a Libertarian - meaning that I didn't support either Trump or Hillary. But, I did vote for our current president - "the enemy of my enemy is my friend," come election time.

Liberals are/have been my biggest enemy. They are so condescending and hypocritical.

**==

Trumps a snake oil salesman, and yes their is dignity in working and it's a powerful message which is why Trump used it to sway the masses.
Winchester
Governor

Postby Kane » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:53 pm

Great, now you can work until you're entirely unable to and then not qualify for Medicaid. And then enjoy premiums that are 5x what the healthy younger people pay.

Enjoy guys!! Can't wait until I'm 55 paying $14k a year on premiums.

:-bd
Stephen Jay Gould wrote:When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
Kane
Governor

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby Winchester » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:55 pm

a777pilot wrote:
Winchester wrote:

No, but I would have voted for Jim Webb over Trump.

Fair enough. I'd have voted for Kasich in a heartbeat, but Hillary was only number 3 on my gawd I can't vote for these people. Cruz was number 1, Tump was number 2 but I'm beginning to rethink those spots. Trump is worse than even I could have imagined... something wrong with the guy.
Winchester
Governor

Postby Winchester » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:32 pm

Luke Skywalker wrote:Interesting article, that is worth the read: One word: JOBS

**==

Hope you don't come rue your decision, but as a guy on SSI and who has been on public healthcare I think your odds go up.

Part of me desperately hopes I'm wrong about how bad Trump will be and people won't suffer... the other part of me hopes people reap what they sow.

Also just out of curiousity how do you square your libertarian ideology with receiving government disability welfare?
Winchester
Governor

Postby Luke Skywalker » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:59 pm

Winchester wrote:

**==

Hope you don't come rue your decision, but as a guy on SSI and who has been on public healthcare I think your odds go up.

Part of me desperately hopes I'm wrong about how bad Trump will be and people won't suffer... the other part of me hopes people reap what they sow.

Also just out of curiousity how do you square your libertarian ideology with receiving government disability welfare?

Hi Winchester.

I was once listening to a popular libertarian radio show, when a caller who was in a similar situation as mine called in asking the very same question. I believe it was the Neal Boortz show, about 10 years ago or so. This particular individual wanted to know how he was justified voting conservative and/or libertarian when he was on government assistance and/or disability. Boortz responded by saying something like this: "Sir, have you had jobs in your life where you paid into Social Security?" The guy answered yes. Boortz then said, "You're good to go. Since you'll never get back from the federal government what you truly deserve, feel free to keep voting your conscience."

That explanation works for me, as I have had similar reservations in the past about voting a straight GOP ticket and and/or a libertarian one. I've listen to Boortz a lot over the years, and thank God for people like him, otherwise I may have voted liberal many times over the past 20 years or so.

I've had plenty of jobs in my adult life where I have indeed paid into Social Security, so basically I have no qualms about thinking/voting the way I do.

Thanks for your post, and I surely appreciate all your input in this thread.
Luke Skywalker
VIP
VIP

Postby Winchester » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:09 pm

Luke Skywalker wrote: Hi Winchester.

I was once listening to a popular libertarian radio show, when a caller who was in a similar situation as mine called in asking the very same question. I believe it was the Neal Boortz show, about 10 years ago or so. This particular individual wanted to know how he was justified voting conservative and/or libertarian when he was on government assistance and/or disability. Boortz responded by saying something like this: "Sir, have you had jobs in your life where you paid into Social Security?" The guy answered yes. Boortz then said, "You're good to go. Since you'll never get back from the federal government what you truly deserve, feel free to keep voting your conscience."

That explanation works for me, as I have had similar reservations in the past about voting a straight GOP ticket and and/or a libertarian one. I've listen to Boortz a lot over the years, and thank God for people like him, otherwise I may have voted liberal many times over the past 20 years or so.

I've had plenty of jobs in my adult life where I have indeed paid into Social Security, so basically I have no qualms about thinking/voting the way I do.

Thanks for your post, and I surely appreciate all your input in this thread.

Should the government force people to pay into disability insurance or should the system be dismantled?
Winchester
Governor

Next

Return to General Discussion