And There Are Far, Far To Many Of Them

The place for general political discussion.

And There Are Far, Far To Many Of Them

Postby skews13 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:58 pm

As Poe once sang “You can’t talk to a Psycho like a normal human being.” People we are over the edge of the falls and spinning down the rabbit hole. It doesn’t matter what lunatic theory Drumpf exposes and sputters, his fan base with come charging out to defend, excuse, justify and rationalize it without hesitation, remorse, shame or a lick of common sense.

Trump himself isn’t the heart of the cancerous rot eating away at the soul of America. They are.

And there are far, far too many of them.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/3/ ... iracy-cult
skews13
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:14 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Political Leaning: Liberal

Re: And There Are Far, Far To Many Of Them

Postby a777pilot » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:03 am

It's too vice to. You mixed your metaphors.

But nice try.
To err is human. To forgive divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.
User avatar
a777pilot
Mayor
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Flower Mound, TX (In the basement)
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 11 times
Political Leaning: Conservative

Re: And There Are Far, Far To Many Of Them

Postby spacemonkey » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:21 am

The lack of using common sense is a major part of the Dem's dilemma.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor
 
Posts: 4874
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:54 am
Location: cyberspace
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 268 times

Re: And There Are Far, Far To Many Of Them

Postby Spider » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:26 pm

spacemonkey wrote:The lack of using common sense is a major part of the Dem's dilemma.


You telling us about common sense is like trump telling a road cone what being orange and an object of annoyance is all about. Lots of effort could be expended, but the results remain laughable.

Conservatism is about resisting change. It's about maintaining the status quo, or even regressing to some past condition that has no present application. Conservatism is fundamentally an expression of inflexibility, emotional rejection of scary things that are new and different, and is nearly a form of political/philosophical Luddism. In short, the world changes, and conservatives shit their pants and start shrieking about "leftists" or whatever. Continuously, throughout all history.

Conservatism and common sense are therefor eternally locked in opposition to one another.
Ernest Shackleton: "Men wanted for hazardous journey, small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful, honor and recognition in case of success."

Onward to Mars
User avatar
Spider
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 11610
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:38 pm
Location: Out in the sticks.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 860 times
Been thanked: 1021 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: And There Are Far, Far To Many Of Them

Postby exploited » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:37 pm

Well... I don't know about that. Conservatism is a necessary and needed part of democracy. Reigning in spending, promoting social traditions that bind different people together as one nation and being extra-sensitive to external threats are all valuable things provided by conservatives.

Ideally what would happen is that conservatives would perpetually exist as an opposition party. They would be able to exercise just enough influence to force liberals to work with them, but never enough influence to define domestic or foreign policy. In other words, conservatives are needed and appreciated as critics, but must never be allowed to govern, because they are utterly terrible at it and confuse their own failings with some sort of universal truth about government.

In the US, I think the best setup would be a Republican Senate, a Democrat House and a Democrat Presidency.

In Canada, the best setup is a minority conservative government.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 21000
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2207 times
Been thanked: 1702 times

Re: And There Are Far, Far To Many Of Them

Postby John Galt » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:25 pm

the court should be the most conservative aspect of the entire government, not the most liberalizing

also conservatism as you say Spider is about maintaining status quo. common sense I would say is always conservative as it is shared by almost everyone, e.g., close the door when it is cold out. i bet jesus never closed the door though (he was born in a barn! HA!). it was crazy and new and liberal at one time i guess, around the time doors were invented i think
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
User avatar
John Galt
Technical Admin
 
Posts: 12408
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:22 pm
Location: Bowling Green Massacre Survivor
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 579 times
Been thanked: 1292 times
Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: And There Are Far, Far To Many Of Them

Postby exploited » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:29 pm

John Galt wrote:the court should be the most conservative aspect of the entire government, not the most liberalizing

also conservatism as you say Spider is about maintaining status quo. common sense I would say is always conservative as it is shared by almost everyone, e.g., close the door when it is cold out. i bet jesus never closed the door though (he was born in a barn! HA!). it was crazy and new and liberal at one time i guess, around the time doors were invented i think


What makes you say that?

The US Constitution is a terrible document, poorly written and rationalized. You need liberal judges to be able to twist around the words so that your government is able to function in the modern world, not autists like Scalia.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 21000
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2207 times
Been thanked: 1702 times

Re: And There Are Far, Far To Many Of Them

Postby John Galt » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:31 pm

exploited wrote:
John Galt wrote:the court should be the most conservative aspect of the entire government, not the most liberalizing

also conservatism as you say Spider is about maintaining status quo. common sense I would say is always conservative as it is shared by almost everyone, e.g., close the door when it is cold out. i bet jesus never closed the door though (he was born in a barn! HA!). it was crazy and new and liberal at one time i guess, around the time doors were invented i think


What makes you say that?

The US Constitution is a terrible document, poorly written and rationalized. You need liberal judges to be able to twist around the words so that your government is able to function in the modern world, not autists like Scalia.


no the document needs to change to fit the times if that is actually necessary. when laws bend in meaning, laws are meaningless
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
User avatar
John Galt
Technical Admin
 
Posts: 12408
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:22 pm
Location: Bowling Green Massacre Survivor
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 579 times
Been thanked: 1292 times
Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: And There Are Far, Far To Many Of Them

Postby exploited » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:37 pm

John Galt wrote:
exploited wrote:
John Galt wrote:the court should be the most conservative aspect of the entire government, not the most liberalizing

also conservatism as you say Spider is about maintaining status quo. common sense I would say is always conservative as it is shared by almost everyone, e.g., close the door when it is cold out. i bet jesus never closed the door though (he was born in a barn! HA!). it was crazy and new and liberal at one time i guess, around the time doors were invented i think


What makes you say that?

The US Constitution is a terrible document, poorly written and rationalized. You need liberal judges to be able to twist around the words so that your government is able to function in the modern world, not autists like Scalia.


no the document needs to change to fit the times if that is actually necessary. when laws bend in meaning, laws are meaningless


Nah. The US Constitution setup a system of government that was doomed for failure from the start. The only way to keep your country together (because of how poorly written and understood the Constitution was) was to murder over half-a-million of your fellow countrymen, not even a century after murdering many tens of thousands of your fellow countrymen in a heinous act of treason. Now, because your system of government is so horrendous, the only way to actually make it work is to have judges interpret words in weird and convenient ways. The Constitution cannot actually be amended anymore because your system has reached peak broke, and so all that is left is judicial review and interpretation. At this point in the game, what the US needs more than anything is a Supreme Court composed of elitist liberals who will ruthlessly ignore any sense of obligation to logic and instead make their decisions based on what is right for the people, who under your system of government, cannot be trusted to govern themselves.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 21000
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2207 times
Been thanked: 1702 times

Re: And There Are Far, Far To Many Of Them

Postby Spider » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:43 pm

John Galt wrote:the court should be the most conservative aspect of the entire government, not the most liberalizing

also conservatism as you say Spider is about maintaining status quo. common sense I would say is always conservative as it is shared by almost everyone, e.g., close the door when it is cold out. i bet jesus never closed the door though (he was born in a barn! HA!). it was crazy and new and liberal at one time i guess, around the time doors were invented i think


You close the door because of changing conditions. Its getting cold out. Or maybe there's an animal or something. You change the open/closed condition of the door to suite the changing conditions...rather than getting pissed because conditions are changing and digging in your heels and passing laws requiring that doors remain closed because f**k change, f**k compromise, it's all scary. This new world of doors that open and close is a perversion, and we must prevent it! Next thing you know, people will be be marrying their dogs!

:))
Ernest Shackleton: "Men wanted for hazardous journey, small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful, honor and recognition in case of success."

Onward to Mars
User avatar
Spider
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 11610
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:38 pm
Location: Out in the sticks.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 860 times
Been thanked: 1021 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: exploited and 2 guests