Fed in 2011 joked about jobless, blamed drugs, work ethic

The place for general political discussion.

Re: Fed in 2011 joked about jobless, blamed drugs, work ethi

Postby ToddStarnes » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:59 am

jimmyz wrote:
Philly wrote:
ToddStarnes wrote:You have it backwards. It's the true dumbs who try to do a good job and f**k it up. Me and the other college kids slacked but were still better employees because we had double digit IQs.

Also we used to smoke weed in the back and trade movies for shots from the dudes who worked at the Mexican restaurant next to us. That was a great job.

Dylan admits to having a double digit IQ


He has been drinking heavily of late.

Alcohol is literally poison. I don't partake beyond 2 or so drinks a week. I also have half a liver so technically I shouldn't be drinking at all.
ToddStarnes
Senator
 
Posts: 1714
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:11 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 77 times

Re: Fed in 2011 joked about jobless, blamed drugs, work ethi

Postby Spider » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:01 pm

ToddStarnes wrote:You have it backwards. It's the true dumbs who try to do a good job and f**k it up. Me and the other college kids slacked but were still better employees because we had double digit IQs.

Also we used to smoke weed in the back and trade movies for shots from the dudes who worked at the Mexican restaurant next to us. That was a great job.


I had a job like that one summer at 7-11. Used to lean against the counter with a slurpee and watch people steal shit. There was zero incentive to even say anything about it. Did they think I was going to to deal with the added irritation of confronting shoplifters, dealing with the cops, or maybe getting shot at for minimum wage? f**k that. Much easier to smile at the punk as he shoves condoms and twizzlers down his pants.

Was actually a fun summer.
Every dark cloud has a silver lining. But lightning kills hundreds of people each year who are trying to find it.
User avatar
Spider
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 11260
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:38 pm
Location: Out in the sticks.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 832 times
Been thanked: 1003 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: Fed in 2011 joked about jobless, blamed drugs, work ethi

Postby ToddStarnes » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:05 pm

Yup. I'd sometimes steal a bunch of movies and trade them to these weird Russians for beer. Smoke weed with the weirder Indian Microsoft people in the parking lot on ocassion in return for forgiving late fees. It was a lot of fun.
ToddStarnes
Senator
 
Posts: 1714
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:11 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 77 times

Re: Fed in 2011 joked about jobless, blamed drugs, work ethi

Postby spacemonkey » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:38 pm

Philly wrote:
ToddStarnes wrote:You have it backwards. It's the true dumbs who try to do a good job and f**k it up. Me and the other college kids slacked but were still better employees because we had double digit IQs.

Also we used to smoke weed in the back and trade movies for shots from the dudes who worked at the Mexican restaurant next to us. That was a great job.

Dylan admits to having a double digit IQ

Double digit IQ = >10.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:54 am
Location: cyberspace
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 264 times

Re: Fed in 2011 joked about jobless, blamed drugs, work ethi

Postby fstarcstar » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:31 pm

Drug Positivity in U.S. Workforce Rises to Highest Level in a Decade

Annual Drug Testing Index reveals fifth straight year of increases in detection rate of amphetamine and heroin; marijuana positivity increases 47 percent since 2013 in oral fluid testing

Madison, N.J., September 15, 2016 - Following years of declines, the percentage of employees in the combined U.S. workforce testing positive for drugs has steadily increased over the last three years to a 10-year high, according to an analysis of nearly 11 million workforce drug test results released today by Quest Diagnostics, the world's leading provider of diagnostic information services.

The Quest Diagnostics Drug Testing Index™ examines illicit drug use by America’s workforce based on an analysis of de-identified results of more than 9.5 million urine, 900,000 oral fluid, and 200,000 hair laboratory-based tests performed nationally by the company for employers in 2015. The findings were unveiled today at the Substance Abuse Program Administrators Association (SAPAA) annual conference being held in Louisville, Kentucky.

http://www.questdiagnostics.com/home/ph ... ug-testing
Image
User avatar
fstarcstar
Governor
 
Posts: 2307
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:47 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Re: Fed in 2011 joked about jobless, blamed drugs, work ethi

Postby John Galt » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:46 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Philly wrote:
ToddStarnes wrote:You have it backwards. It's the true dumbs who try to do a good job and f**k it up. Me and the other college kids slacked but were still better employees because we had double digit IQs.

Also we used to smoke weed in the back and trade movies for shots from the dudes who worked at the Mexican restaurant next to us. That was a great job.

Dylan admits to having a double digit IQ

Double digit IQ = >10.


knowing that average IQ is between 90 and 110, reexamine philly's statement using critical thinking skills
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
User avatar
John Galt
Technical Admin
 
Posts: 11894
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:22 pm
Location: Bowling Green Massacre Survivor
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 558 times
Been thanked: 1229 times
Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: Fed in 2011 joked about jobless, blamed drugs, work ethi

Postby John Galt » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:48 pm

fstarcstar wrote:
Drug Positivity in U.S. Workforce Rises to Highest Level in a Decade

Annual Drug Testing Index reveals fifth straight year of increases in detection rate of amphetamine and heroin; marijuana positivity increases 47 percent since 2013 in oral fluid testing

Madison, N.J., September 15, 2016 - Following years of declines, the percentage of employees in the combined U.S. workforce testing positive for drugs has steadily increased over the last three years to a 10-year high, according to an analysis of nearly 11 million workforce drug test results released today by Quest Diagnostics, the world's leading provider of diagnostic information services.

The Quest Diagnostics Drug Testing Index™ examines illicit drug use by America’s workforce based on an analysis of de-identified results of more than 9.5 million urine, 900,000 oral fluid, and 200,000 hair laboratory-based tests performed nationally by the company for employers in 2015. The findings were unveiled today at the Substance Abuse Program Administrators Association (SAPAA) annual conference being held in Louisville, Kentucky.

http://www.questdiagnostics.com/home/ph ... ug-testing


it's just weed, people should be able to smoke a plant on their off hours, man
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
User avatar
John Galt
Technical Admin
 
Posts: 11894
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:22 pm
Location: Bowling Green Massacre Survivor
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 558 times
Been thanked: 1229 times
Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: Fed in 2011 joked about jobless, blamed drugs, work ethi

Postby fstarcstar » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:52 pm

Not if you have a job that requires operating heavy machinery. Mcdonalds doesn't count.
Image
User avatar
fstarcstar
Governor
 
Posts: 2307
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:47 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Re: Fed in 2011 joked about jobless, blamed drugs, work ethi

Postby exploited » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:11 pm

fstarcstar wrote:Not if you have a job that requires operating heavy machinery. Mcdonalds doesn't count.


It goes without saying that you shouldn't be stoned on the job, especially if you face significant physical risks. But weed doesn't last that long bro. You can pretty much smoke for most of your night and get up the next morning and be fine, if that is what you want to do and you are used to smoking weed all the time.

Personally, I generally don't like smoking weed while working. It is a waste of pot, which is best used when doing things you have made a hobby of.

When I was working on the farm, though, and just walking through fields picking suckers off tobacco, or hoeing the rosemary, hell yeah I'd smoke weed. Turn on the tunes and enjoy the mundane work. Good times.

Anyways, the entire point doesn't really matter because people aren't just going to decide to start smoking weed on the job when it is legal. Companies can and will continue to enforce the expectation that you are sober when working. Chances are that most companies aren't even aware how prevalent weed smoking is among their staff precisely because they aren't high at work and, even if they were, it isn't hard to function.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20734
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2144 times
Been thanked: 1680 times

Re: Fed in 2011 joked about jobless, blamed drugs, work ethi

Postby John Galt » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:30 pm

i said off hours, not while they are working.

i can't work high. im completely nonfunctional. my friend on the other hand... since he went to the interview high he has decided that if he showed up to work sober they would suspect something so he's been going to work, as a lobbyist, for years high every day.

with the possibility that canada will have legalized by canada day 2018, i know i will have easy legal access to the drug soon, and if i want to go get stoned in thunder bay on a weekend when i am not working and come home, that should be entirely my business and have nothing to do with my employer. only when it actually impacts work should it be relevant
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
User avatar
John Galt
Technical Admin
 
Posts: 11894
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:22 pm
Location: Bowling Green Massacre Survivor
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 558 times
Been thanked: 1229 times
Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests