wiretapping

The place for general political discussion.

Re: wiretapping

Postby Kane » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:50 am

ToddStarnes wrote:
Kane wrote:That's fine, there's limited data anyways.

Right about the limited data (I believe that's by design, which I am against. Information is always good).

Demographically the idea doesn't make sense IMO. Illegals generally are of a much lower socioeconomic status than most of society and therefore, logically, would likely commit crimes at a higher rate as a result (as consistent with broader trends).

Depends (like everything else). Breaking the law can get them ejected from the country - it could be acting as a strong deterrent. I've begun to scrutinize utilizing "logically" as well, more and more logic isn't as intuitive as I once thought it was.

ToddStarnes wrote:Ancedotally I worked with a ton of illegals back in my fishing days and they were good bros. Alcoholics but good bros. One was sleeping with this Russian lady who worked at the freezer plant and his friends told his wife back home. Big to do, very funny for the gringo audience, lots of Bacardi 151 and yelling.

Yeah, I have a mexican bud (born here) but his mom and pops came over illegally. They work hard, pay taxes and get shit done. His mom has a green card now and his dad is a citizen (got it a couple years ago). She works for the school district in the cafeteria of a high school and his dad works in the sanitation department (drives a garbage truck around).

I actually work in a place which is known as "little mexico." It's a long corridor in the city - the worst I've had to deal with is some drunk mexicans when I'm leaving at 1am. Alternatively, we've had 5150's stroll through the front door and they're always white and always citizens. It's honestly infuriating driving down the street at times because they always observe the speed limit to a "t." Drives me f**k nuts.

But they do it for a reason. Different experiences I suppose.
Stephen Jay Gould wrote:When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
Kane
Governor

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby ToddStarnes » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:08 am

The incentive you mention is definitely true. I wish the government would actually study and release stats on this. I can't find the article now (/am too lazy to look for it) but I think it was an intentional decision not to report statistics on this.
ToddStarnes
Senator

Postby NAB » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:06 pm

ToddStarnes wrote:
Kane wrote:That's fine, there's limited data anyways.

Right about the limited data (I believe that's by design, which I am against. Information is always good).

Demographically the idea doesn't make sense IMO. Illegals generally are of a much lower socioeconomic status than most of society and therefore, logically, would likely commit crimes at a higher rate as a result (as consistent with broader trends).

Ancedotally I worked with a ton of illegals back in my fishing days and they were good bros. Alcoholics but good bros. One was sleeping with this Russian lady who worked at the freezer plant and his friends told his wife back home. Big to do, very funny for the gringo audience, lots of Bacardi 151 and yelling.

I worked with a bunch of illegals back in my days as a youngster doing construction work (pouring concrete mostly) and learned all the best nasty spanish words from them.

Unfortunately, when I studied in Spain a few years later, I realized most of the words I learned were Mexican slang and didn't translate well to the Iberian Peninsula.
Welcome to our speak board web page
NAB
Governor

Postby Saz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:28 am

ToddStarnes wrote:
Kane wrote:
John Galt wrote:while the mexican government may not be our ally their people are still by and large devout catholics who are not criminals. sure there are some criminals; the us also has criminals, but this doesn't mean the us is a country of criminals

Illegal Immigrants have a lower crime rate than legal us citizens.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... /30159479/

I doubt that tbh

Yea, who would have guessed ILLEGALS have a higher crime rate. They are literally called illegals, they broke the law coming here technically their crime rate starts at 100%

That said, all the illegals i know are good ppl (except the nicaraguans).
Pun intended for the plebes on here who don't get a joke
Saz
Governor

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Previous

Return to General Discussion