wiretapping

The place for general political discussion.

Re: wiretapping

Postby Spider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:04 pm

Spider wrote:To be frank I don't care about some "countrymen". And if you were honest, you might say people like me have no cause to live in your midst.

...actually, that's interesting. Expand on that.

What exactly do you mean by "people like you"? As a longstanding proponent of pluralism (in nearly all senses) I'm wondering exactly where you're drawing the lines.

Outside of outright criminality...you know, rapists, child molesters, murderers, thieves, etc etc, I'm perfectly fine with having pretty much anyone in my midst. If someone has very little personal character or basic morality...you know, racists, homophobes, sexists, or movie theater talkers, etc, I just won't invite them to the same BBQ with decent folks.
"Freedom is the increased knowledge of that which you can do without." -Thoreau
Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby jimmyz » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:41 pm

Spider wrote:Outside of outright criminality...you know, rapists, child molesters, murderers, thieves, etc etc, I'm perfectly fine with having pretty much anyone in my midst.

Like the ones originating from the country in your sig. :D
" I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing. All of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman.' I want a wife, not a competitor! Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)
jimmyz
Banned
Banned

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby John Galt » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:55 pm

while the mexican government may not be our ally their people are still by and large devout catholics who are not criminals. sure there are some criminals; the us also has criminals, but this doesn't mean the us is a country of criminals
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby Kane » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:16 pm

John Galt wrote:while the mexican government may not be our ally their people are still by and large devout catholics who are not criminals. sure there are some criminals; the us also has criminals, but this doesn't mean the us is a country of criminals

Illegal Immigrants have a lower crime rate than legal us citizens.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... /30159479/
Stephen Jay Gould wrote:When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
Kane
Governor

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby spacemonkey » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:18 am

ToddStarnes wrote:
jimmyz wrote:
ToddStarnes wrote:How long will trumptards gloat about a victory before they switch to gloating about Donald's accomplishments? Oh wait.....

For eight years. Will you be alive to see it. I hope so.

So just to be clear you don't care at all about policies or the health of the nation or its people, you just care about electing the most polarizing and divisive figure possible?

Damm, I didn't know there were no homeless people, divided people, jobless people before Trump took office.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby ToddStarnes » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:21 am

spacemonkey wrote:
ToddStarnes wrote:
jimmyz wrote:
ToddStarnes wrote:How long will trumptards gloat about a victory before they switch to gloating about Donald's accomplishments? Oh wait.....

For eight years. Will you be alive to see it. I hope so.

So just to be clear you don't care at all about policies or the health of the nation or its people, you just care about electing the most polarizing and divisive figure possible?

Damm, I didn't know there were no homeless people, divided people, jobless people before Trump took office.

There were none. Prove there weren't. I'll submit evidence there were not to Congress within a week.
ToddStarnes
Senator

Postby ToddStarnes » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:22 am

Kane wrote:
John Galt wrote:while the mexican government may not be our ally their people are still by and large devout catholics who are not criminals. sure there are some criminals; the us also has criminals, but this doesn't mean the us is a country of criminals

Illegal Immigrants have a lower crime rate than legal us citizens.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... /30159479/

I doubt that tbh
ToddStarnes
Senator

Postby Kane » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:55 am

That's fine, there's limited data anyways.
Stephen Jay Gould wrote:When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
Kane
Governor

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby ToddStarnes » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:37 pm

Kane wrote:That's fine, there's limited data anyways.

Right about the limited data (I believe that's by design, which I am against. Information is always good).

Demographically the idea doesn't make sense IMO. Illegals generally are of a much lower socioeconomic status than most of society and therefore, logically, would likely commit crimes at a higher rate as a result (as consistent with broader trends).

Ancedotally I worked with a ton of illegals back in my fishing days and they were good bros. Alcoholics but good bros. One was sleeping with this Russian lady who worked at the freezer plant and his friends told his wife back home. Big to do, very funny for the gringo audience, lots of Bacardi 151 and yelling.

These users thanked the author ToddStarnes for the post:
exploited
ToddStarnes
Senator

Postby exploited » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:03 am

Fantastic.
exploited
Vice President

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion