A carbon VAT

The place for general political discussion.

Re: A carbon VAT

Postby Supposn » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:08 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Supposn wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:It would also make energy cost skyrocket, adding to the cost of everything.

SpaceMonkey, how did you determine that a carbon VAT of a not yet specified rate upon not yet specified high carbon products would “make energy cost and everything else skyrocket”?

Respectfully, Supposn

The rate would determine how high the skyrocket would go. And we both know how greedy some can get, especially in big pharma.

SpaceMonkey,if we enact a carbon tax, I’m an advocate of its net revenue be dedicated to the purposes of FICA which are income supports for old age and long-term disability, Medicare, and Medicaid. These programs are (in proportion to recipients’ incomes), of greater benefit to wage earners and their dependents.
The carbon tax revenue would not be “lost” as is water poured onto desert sand. The tax is justifiable.

What's the point of your post’s last sentence?

Respectfully, Supposn
Supposn
Mayor

Postby spacemonkey » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:31 pm

When the rich are taxed into the poor house, what then???
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby ToddStarnes » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:43 pm

We are doing fine. Most of our income is from investments which are taxed at a pretty low rate. But we sincerely appreciate you looking out for us. :-) Thanks!
ToddStarnes
Senator

Postby spacemonkey » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:10 pm

That low rate will probably rise eventually, or W St will crap itself over nothing.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby ToddStarnes » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Trump initially wanted to close that loophole (and it is a big league loophole). Then he started appointing Goldman Sachs alum and all of a sudden changed his mind, so the loophole continues.

Meanwhile, ultra low income people like you cheer him on as a man of the people. It's sad that you can't see what's so obvious and right in front of your eyes. You've been conned my friend.
ToddStarnes
Senator

Postby spacemonkey » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:21 pm

ToddStarnes wrote:Trump initially wanted to close that loophole (and it is a big league loophole). Then he started appointing Goldman Sachs alum and all of a sudden changed his mind, so the loophole continues.

Meanwhile, ultra low income people like you cheer him on as a man of the people. It's sad that you can't see what's so obvious and right in front of your eyes. You've been conned my friend.

Ultra low income people like me. See, you are already wrong. LOL.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby ToddStarnes » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:23 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
ToddStarnes wrote:Trump initially wanted to close that loophole (and it is a big league loophole). Then he started appointing Goldman Sachs alum and all of a sudden changed his mind, so the loophole continues.

Oh sweetie, let's be realistic here. We both know you're not exactly a heavy hitter intellectually :-)
ToddStarnes
Senator

Postby spacemonkey » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:25 pm

ToddStarnes wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:

Oh sweetie, let's be realistic here. We both know you're not exactly a heavy hitter intellectually :-)

I probably forgot more then you will ever learn, but you do try hard.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby ToddStarnes » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:26 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
ToddStarnes wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:

Wow you're probably right. Out of curiosity, what was the approximate ranking of the undergrad institution from which you graduated? Mine was terrible so i'm not dick measuring, just curious about what your educational and professional background is like since you're clearly a really intelligent and successful guy.
ToddStarnes
Senator

Postby spacemonkey » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:51 pm

ToddStarnes wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:
ToddStarnes wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:

Wow you're probably right. Out of curiosity, what was the approximate ranking of the undergrad institution from which you graduated? Mine was terrible so i'm not dick measuring, just curious about what your educational and professional background is like.

There is no graduation from learning from the university of life. 2+2 = 4, it don't matter if its learned in a ivy covered classroom or a barn. The levels people reach are up to their own ambitions. I'm sure there is a lot more stuff I don't know, then know. As long as you know enough to get by. As for me, some college credit hours in different things, but no actual degree in anything, but that's ok. I tend to dwell on things that interest me and don't waste my time on things that don't. Now I'm retired with more resources coming in then going out, so I guess I managed to learn enough anyway. Now, I just learn stuff just to satisfy my curiosity. If that earns credit hours, so be it. If not, so be it.
spacemonkey
Governor

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion