This Evening on the trump Fake News Hour

The place for general political discussion.

Re: This Evening on the trump Fake News Hour

Postby ToddStarnes » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:34 pm

jimmyz wrote:
ToddStarnes wrote:
jimmyz wrote:
ToddStarnes wrote:I'd give you a full time social worker too tbh. You seem less stable every year.


You should see the stability I expressed in my last 200 yard paper targets with my .308 scoped rifle. A thing of beauty, and much more satisfying than busting a nut on the face of a poor low self esteem Tinder whore. You folla?

I don't follow, no. I don't speak white trash ;-)


You were born to white trash. You mentioned failed businessman and homeless and other lower class beginnings.
Rumor has it the solid scandinavian lad who raised (and beat) my paternal grandmother was also a bootlegger who murdered, among others, his partner. Never confirmed of course, but wouldn't surprise me. They were rough and hardy folk.

And look at what your defective DNA has wrought. A little very sick man who's body is as rotten as his soul. I'll just watch your train come off the rails. Karma little guy.


I'm proud of my lineage and my ancestors. My paternal grandfather in particular, who came here with nothing and died with nothing but did his best in between and raised a wonderful woman, who came up from homelessness to something a little better than homelessness lol. He laid the foundation for my brother, my cousins, and the rest of us but never got to see the fruits of his efforts. Good man. I have his old pipe sitting on the mantle above my fireplace and his high school graduation diploma framed hanging in my office. Never did get to meet him sadly.
ToddStarnes
Senator
 
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:11 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: This Evening on the trump Fake News Hour

Postby Kane » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:36 pm

I'm not going to hide the fact that Neocons look like genius' next to Trump and his associates but in relative terms the intellectual decline here seems acute. It has been descending slowly but it just dropped off a cliff. Why?
Stephen Jay Gould wrote:When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
User avatar
Kane
Governor
 
Posts: 7367
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:09 pm
Location: The Yay
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 305 times
Been thanked: 499 times
Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Re: This Evening on the trump Fake News Hour

Postby ToddStarnes » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:43 pm

Kane wrote:I'm not going to hide the fact that Neocons look like genius' next to Trump and his associates but in relative terms the intellectual decline here seems acute. It has been descending slowly but it just dropped off a cliff. Why?

As with so many ills in society today, the internet and constant connectivity. Balkanaziation of media has allowed mass proliferation of utter bullshit. Fox News opened the door for the idea that a mainstream media outlet can simply make stuff up that fits the agenda of its owners. Breitbart has mastered the game.

I've said it many times, but it bears repeating; conservatives and liberals have no common factual basis on which to argue. once upon a time we agreed X was happening, but libs thought the reason or solution was Z, and cons thought hte reason or solution was Y. Now cons see X happening and libs see Y happening, so how can we even argue about causes or solutions when we live in different factual worlds?

I recently reactivated my Facebook, against my better judgment, and promptly deleted it again. My shitkicker redneck friends from my home town believe things that are so goddamn outlandish and lacking in foundation it makes your head spin.

And the internet lets all these folks mingle and reinforce each other's viewpoints. When Malik Obama tweeted President Obama's "birth certificate", many were posting about how they were saving it on their computer in case the government tried to delete it. They legitimately think that the government could delete all copies of this off the interent as part of a massive coverup.

These people don't live in reality.

Edit: Also some made "life insurance videos" because of their "investigation" of pizzagate. They legit think they'll be killed by Clinton becasue they know too much about a pedophile sex slave ring based out of a pizza parlor in DC.

They. Legitimately. Believe. This.

It makes more sense when you keep in mind the median IQ is 100 and frankly there's a lot of room above 100 where a person is still borderline retarded relatively speaking.
ToddStarnes
Senator
 
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:11 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: This Evening on the trump Fake News Hour

Postby Spider » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:55 pm

*redacted*

On second thought...drawing comparisons between the cultural revolution and book hating redneck republicans is probably kind of offensive.
Ernest Shackleton: "Men wanted for hazardous journey, small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful, honor and recognition in case of success."

Onward to Mars
User avatar
Spider
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 11596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:38 pm
Location: Out in the sticks.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 860 times
Been thanked: 1020 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: This Evening on the trump Fake News Hour

Postby exploited » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:08 am

ToddStarnes wrote:
Kane wrote:I'm not going to hide the fact that Neocons look like genius' next to Trump and his associates but in relative terms the intellectual decline here seems acute. It has been descending slowly but it just dropped off a cliff. Why?

As with so many ills in society today, the internet and constant connectivity. Balkanaziation of media has allowed mass proliferation of utter bullshit. Fox News opened the door for the idea that a mainstream media outlet can simply make stuff up that fits the agenda of its owners. Breitbart has mastered the game.

I've said it many times, but it bears repeating; conservatives and liberals have no common factual basis on which to argue. once upon a time we agreed X was happening, but libs thought the reason or solution was Z, and cons thought hte reason or solution was Y. Now cons see X happening and libs see Y happening, so how can we even argue about causes or solutions when we live in different factual worlds?

I recently reactivated my Facebook, against my better judgment, and promptly deleted it again. My shitkicker redneck friends from my home town believe things that are so goddamn outlandish and lacking in foundation it makes your head spin.

And the internet lets all these folks mingle and reinforce each other's viewpoints. When Malik Obama tweeted President Obama's "birth certificate", many were posting about how they were saving it on their computer in case the government tried to delete it. They legitimately think that the government could delete all copies of this off the interent as part of a massive coverup.

These people don't live in reality.

Edit: Also some made "life insurance videos" because of their "investigation" of pizzagate. They legit think they'll be killed by Clinton becasue they know too much about a pedophile sex slave ring based out of a pizza parlor in DC.

They. Legitimately. Believe. This.

It makes more sense when you keep in mind the median IQ is 100 and frankly there's a lot of room above 100 where a person is still borderline retarded relatively speaking.


The rot you are referring to is not something to be disparaged. It actually makes alot of sense, within the confines of that persons existence. In terms of maintaining Western civilization, these people are failing. But Western civilization is failing them.

My honest opinion is that humanity needs a frontier, desperately. If we are not busy colonizing and developing new lands, we turn inwards and start hurting one another (to make them better, naturally).

Above all else, our priority as a species should be to go to space.

I know that seems really weird and sci-fi as a solution, but I'm being completely serious. Humans are not going to stop reproducing, and so the only thing we can do is find another place to stay. Otherwise we will die. Thanks to global warming and our destruction of the habitat.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20986
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2206 times
Been thanked: 1702 times

Re: This Evening on the trump Fake News Hour

Postby ToddStarnes » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:03 am

I actually agree. On a long enough time line having all of humanity's eggs in the earth basket will end with our extinction. As with any good business, expand or die.
ToddStarnes
Senator
 
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:11 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: This Evening on the trump Fake News Hour

Postby Kane » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:51 am

Bring back NASA to its former glory? Or give Musk more monies?
Stephen Jay Gould wrote:When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
User avatar
Kane
Governor
 
Posts: 7367
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:09 pm
Location: The Yay
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 305 times
Been thanked: 499 times
Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Re: This Evening on the trump Fake News Hour

Postby ToddStarnes » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:07 am

Kane wrote:Bring back NASA to its former glory? Or give Musk more monies?

Both ideally. This is something we should be throwing gobs of money at. Of course, that's far too forward-looking for politicians worried about election every 2 years, every 4 years, or every 6 years.

We need a global, mostly benevolent, dictatorship. I volunteer for the position.

These users thanked the author ToddStarnes for the post:
exploited
ToddStarnes
Senator
 
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:11 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: This Evening on the trump Fake News Hour

Postby ToddStarnes » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:10 pm

My first order would be your, Saz's and potentially Winchester's execution so don't like that post too fast brother.

Why Winchester, you ask? He's suspiciously nice. There's gotta be like 35 dead hookers of both sexes piled in his basement.
ToddStarnes
Senator
 
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:11 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: This Evening on the trump Fake News Hour

Postby Philly » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:44 pm

winchester is actually kind of a dick
User avatar
Philly
Governor
 
Posts: 9420
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:36 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 949 times
Been thanked: 1116 times

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron