We're so f*cked

The place for general political discussion.

It's been a year, did Trump Co work with the Russians?

Yes - I read fake news
100%
No - I am a Trumpbot and lack any critical thinking skills
No votes

Total votes : 2

Re: We're so f*cked

Postby spacemonkey » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:55 am

exploited wrote:
John Galt wrote:you want to lump them in there but really "gun nuts" does not fit. instead, "preppers" or "milsim" or "militia-members" should be used.

also us anti-abortion folks do have logic and rationality about it, with plenty of basis in science. as you would agree, the embryo is indeed a separate, living, human being. policy difference is one thing, but you can't say that they are denied science on this. it's why driving down the country you'll see billboards about heartbeats at 18 days or whatever it is. this is science, this isn't magic, but the intent is certainly to play on heartstrings. can't lump it in there as you said it is "without basis in science" and that's just completely false.

and of course there's the rub innit? in order for you to declare that most conservatives are dumb you need stuff like that in there. but i won't stand for this malarkey

Gun nuts deserve to be in there. The idea that a person has the right to a firearm is fundamentally illogical, with no rational basis whatsoever. It had also caused tremendous social harm.

Anti-abortion definitely deserves to be in there. As a policy it is wholly irrational.

Most conservatives are dumb. That is just a fact. I know exactly two conservatives that are intelligent about policy, one of which is you, and even you say utterly stupid and debunked shit all the time, like when you're talking about guns or the death penalty.

Citizens stripped of their right to defend themselves are sheep at the mercy of the wolves. Glad our founders understood that.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby John Galt » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:01 pm

lmao

but then you got Gloria Allred coming to the fray. does she want Moore to win, or is she like Hillary in her completely unaware of how she comes across to people. oh it's the same as hillary
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby John Galt » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:26 pm

signature from the yearbook, and from today

it's over man. i think that's pretty damning evidence.

the question is, will the GOP say "vote for Moore if you want Strange, because we'll never seat the man" or will they say "Don't vote for Moore, we won't seat him". i think it's certain he will not be seated. he wasn't the establishment candidate anyway, he was the trumpist candidate

also: no one has been expelled from the senate since the Senate expelled confederate supporters. in fact, the only people who have actually have been expelled from the senate have been for treason, with one other guy other than southerners supporting the confederacy expelled for treason in the late 18th century. i think a guy who most likely would also have supported the confederacy being expelled (if elected) would be rather fitting

who the f**k signs their name in a yearbook (period, as an adult and not someone who taught at the school)... with their title of DA? jesus christ what is wrong with that man. he probably thought all these teenage girls enjoyed him. what a creep
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby ToddStarnes » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:05 pm

You have a lot of confidence in republicans.

These users thanked the author ToddStarnes for the post:
Kane
ToddStarnes
Senator

Postby Kane » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:05 pm

:)) :)) :))

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3601 ... -roy-moore

God bless America. 50 Alabama Pastors signed a letter supporting Moore. I don't know what's better, that this is coming out on a day that seems to confirm Moore has been a predator his whole life or that it's a blessing from an institution made of pedophiles.
Stephen Jay Gould wrote:When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
Kane
Governor

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby ToddStarnes » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:10 pm

Republicans are almost uniformly vile scum.

These users thanked the author ToddStarnes for the post:
Kane
ToddStarnes
Senator

Postby Kane » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:11 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/10/politics/ ... index.html

(CNN)Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon said he is standing by Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore, despite allegations that the Alabama candidate pursued relationships with underage teens several years ago.

"Until I see additional evidence on Judge Moore, I'm standing with him," Bannon said in Charleston, South Carolina on Friday night.

That's from Friday. How do you feel now Bannon?

f**k christ this party is imploding.
Stephen Jay Gould wrote:When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
Kane
Governor

Postby Kane » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:13 pm

ToddStarnes wrote:Republicans are almost uniformly vile scum.

They have a strange hidden power: they grow a backbone when they announce retirement.
Kane
Governor

Postby John Galt » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:25 pm

chairman of the NRSC said Moore should be expelled if elected

i have much more confidence in the GOP than the people of Alabama. this man has twice been removed from the state supreme court... and voted back in
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Kane » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:30 pm

John Galt wrote:chairman of the NRSC said Moore should be expelled if elected

i have much more confidence in the GOP than the people of Alabama. this man has twice been removed from the state supreme court... and voted back in

:))

It's sad because it's true. McConnell looks like a genius now after backing Strange over this creep.
Kane
Governor

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion