Brexit and the future of the EU

The place for general political discussion.

Re: Brexit and the future of the EU

Postby John Galt » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:56 am

i dunno why it was assumed he would want the job

john the baptist didn't take other jobs he just paved the way. i don't mean to say that micheal grove is jesus, but i am comparing that just because someone doesn't want the top job doesn't mean they rejected it because of any new information or new situation at all, but perhaps they never wanted it or intended to have it
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby Saz » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:06 am

ToddStarnes wrote:Love Boris Jonson surveying the wreckage he helped create and bowing out with an emphatic "nope".

It's incredible. You couldn't get the guy away from a microphone before the referendum and he is no where to be found afterwards. he didn't even show up to Prime Ministers Questions on Monday, while Gove snuck in late and inconspicuously stood in the back before making a quick exit. Coward and traitors the entire bunch. They should be dragged before Parliament to answer for this disaster and then prosecuted for the litany of lies they told during the referendum campaign.
Pun intended for the plebes on here who don't get a joke
Saz
Governor

Postby Saz » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:13 am

John Galt wrote:i dunno why it was assumed he would want the job

john the baptist didn't take other jobs he just paved the way. i don't mean to say that micheal grove is jesus, but i am comparing that just because someone doesn't want the top job doesn't mean they rejected it because of any new information or new situation at all, but perhaps they never wanted it or intended to have it

You don't know why it was assumed Boris would want to be PM? That's his entire game here! It's obviously now he had absolutely no intention of actually winning the vote, and was going along with the leave campaign in the hope that he would be the next conservative PM after the country voted to REMAIN.

Of course, leave won. Much to the displeasure of Boris, who spent the next week avoiding the media. Cameron gave Boris the finger on his way out by not activating Article 50. It's clear for all to see now that doing so would be a disaster for the country and political suicide for whichever PM does it. It's now the hot potato of British politics and even an idiot like Boris realizes he wants no part in it.

Boris dropped out and in doing so tossed the hot potato to Teresa May, who campaigned for Remain but secretly wanted to leave...the exact same position as the leader of the opposition, Jeremy "Hugo Chavez has done great things for Venezuela" Corbyn. So now Boris has avoided the hot potato, will keep his head down for a few years, and when the smoke settles he will no doubt try to make a comeback, almost certainly on a pro-European platform and in opposition to "the disastrous policies of Teresa May." You couldn't write this shit. Cameron, Boris, Gove ... all these guys messed around with the referendum for their own political gain, and now that it has blown up in their face, will trot off into obscurity and leave someone else to sort out their mess.
Pun intended for the plebes on here who don't get a joke
Saz
Governor

Postby ToddStarnes » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:26 am

Indeed. The thought of a politician aspiring to the highest office in their land is absurd.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06 ... -gove-ent/
ToddStarnes
Senator

Postby John Galt » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:30 am

ToddStarnes wrote:

Indeed. The thought of a politician aspiring to the highest office in their land is absurd.

some people just want to be a baron instead of a lord, or a lord instead of a king. uneasy lies the head that wears a crown
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby ToddStarnes » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:54 am

Welp, in any event people are rurl mad at Boris. He basically helped light the country on fire and is now heading for the exit. "Good luck guys!"
ToddStarnes
Senator

Postby John Galt » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:01 am

it was always burning since the world's been turning
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby ToddStarnes » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:02 am

okay that was pretty apt
ToddStarnes
Senator

Postby spacemonkey » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:06 am

Saz wrote:
NAB wrote:
ToddStarnes wrote:I'm not as privy to the inner workings of this cabal as you, clearly.

I've always been under the impression that this cabal was bent on creating a One World Government (a New World Order if you will), rather than breaking up their hard work.

That's the UN

God can't even pull off a one world setup, I seriously doubt man can either.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby spacemonkey » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:08 am

Ever notice , Boris Johnson and Donald Trump look kinda alike.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion