Chick-Fil-A To End Anti-Gay Donations, Huckabee Am Cry

The place for general political discussion.

Re: Chick-Fil-A To End Anti-Gay Donations, Huckabee Am Cry

Postby Boris Johnson » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:48 am

Icky.
LORD PROTECTOR of |~**~| The Bro Clique |~**~|™

Bojo wrote:...the Tory party - the funkiest, most jiving party on Earth - is where it's happening.
User avatar
Boris Johnson
Governor
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:55 am
Location: City Hall The Queens Walk, City of London
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 117 times
Been thanked: 190 times
Political Leaning: Slightly Conservative

Re: Chick-Fil-A To End Anti-Gay Donations, Huckabee Am Cry

Postby The Comrade » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:50 am

spider you just made at least one conservatives head explode.
User avatar
The Comrade
Vice President
 
Posts: 18127
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Yugoslavia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1195 times
Been thanked: 1833 times
Political Leaning: Socialist

Re: Chick-Fil-A To End Anti-Gay Donations, Huckabee Am Cry

Postby Dylan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:26 am

Professor wrote:I just don't get why anyone cares about gay/not-gay. The ONLY difference between gays and heteros are what they do in the bedroom at night. They hold the same jobs, are members of the same religions, go to the same restaurants, etc. Everything is the same, except what they do with the thing between their legs.

I don't care what ANYONE does with the thing between their legs, be they man, woman, gay, or hetero. It's none of my business. And, I just can't figure out why anyone else cares.

I know, right? Republicans really do obsess over this thing that should have no impact on how gays are treated.

Kinda highlights the weirdos in that party.
Image
User avatar
Dylan
Vice President
 
Posts: 10741
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:34 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1038 times
Been thanked: 916 times
Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Re: Chick-Fil-A To End Anti-Gay Donations, Huckabee Am Cry

Postby Dylan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:28 am

The Dude wrote:
dontworrybehappy wrote:Its sad that a restaurant is ridiculed for being anti-gay, but nobody cares if you're pro-gay. Why is that?


Image

:)) every time you bust out a Kobe gif I get excited, but this one's perfect.

10/10
Image
User avatar
Dylan
Vice President
 
Posts: 10741
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:34 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1038 times
Been thanked: 916 times
Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Re: Chick-Fil-A To End Anti-Gay Donations, Huckabee Am Cry

Postby Professor » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:36 am

Enoch wrote:
Professor wrote:I just don't get why anyone cares about gay/not-gay. The ONLY difference between gays and heteros are what they do in the bedroom at night. They hold the same jobs, are members of the same religions, go to the same restaurants, etc. Everything is the same, except what they do with the thing between their legs.

I don't care what ANYONE does with the thing between their legs, be they man, woman, gay, or hetero. It's none of my business. And, I just can't figure out why anyone else cares.

This is a tangent, but I have to say this....

I understand what you are trying to say here, but I really hate the "the only difference is what you do in the bedroom" line. What that does is boil being gay (and straight) down to solely sex. There is a bigger difference that needs said - the gender of the person each falls in love with. You can be straight, and you can be gay, without ever doing anything with what is between your legs. What we do in the bedroom and who we fall in love with are both ways to define someone as gay or straight.

(Sorry...pet peeve...had to address).


But, "love" is still something that has no place in public, or in the workplace. It is a private matter. Who you love is inconsequential to me and how I treat you. Love is a base emotion. No different than hate. Who you choose to hate should have no bearing on anything, either.
Image
User avatar
Professor
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 7553
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:42 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 54 times
Been thanked: 570 times
Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Re: Chick-Fil-A To End Anti-Gay Donations, Huckabee Am Cry

Postby dontworrybehappy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:53 am

Boris Johnson wrote:
dontworrybehappy wrote:No, if nature would make it "right" then the relationship would procreate the species, which it does not and cannot.

No where in nature is a homosexual relationship conducive to the continuation of the species, which is nature at its simplest. Left alone, the genes of gay males would not be passed on to any offspring, so biologically being gay helps ensure your genes are NOT passed along, which is at the core of a reproducing living organism. It is nature, you can argue with me, but you cannot argue with nature.

THATS what makes it wrong. That and the fact that man was not born to be with man. Otherwise a man would have a vagina, he doesn't, he has an anus for shitting only. It's not biologically designed for intecourse.

Mod edit. -u

Ahh yes, the old argument to nature. I imagine people have beat me to it, but hey. Given that naturalism requires a coherent explanation as to the unity of nature:

1) Explain infertile heterosexuals, are they 'unnatural' too?
2) Explain homo and bisexuality in nature, interestingly apparently intentionally in 'higher' mammals e.g Bonobo Chimpanzees and Bottlenose dolphins. There are lots more but these are best examples of sexual activity and pair bonding.


Obviously you didnt watch the video I posted.

Alan Keys explains this quite easily. You can vaguely compare an infertile heterosexual to an apple with a worm in it. The worm does not take away from it being an apple. There are medical issues with people, that does not make gay ok or acceptable or natural. In fact, to make this comparison is assinine. Someone might not be able to get pregnant so GO BE GAY!! Yea, wow, no wonder liberals lost so badly in 2010.

Secondly, bisexuality is still gay to an extent. But....the heterosexual side of them will reproduce. While I think bisexuality is just as disgusting and unnatural as being gay is, it will at least continue the species. And dont get confused with male animals that bond on a level that is not intimate. Dolphins bond, they do not have gay sex for gods sake.

I can't believe I'm having to explain this.
"Police protection" is an oxymoron. Gun laws are like masturbation, they both feel really good, but after you're done you realize you haven't accomplished anything."
User avatar
dontworrybehappy
Senator
 
Posts: 1837
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:13 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 65 times
Political Leaning: Libertarian

Re: Chick-Fil-A To End Anti-Gay Donations, Huckabee Am Cry

Postby The Dharma Bum » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:59 am

Alan Keys is a dipshit though. Why don't you post a video from a legitimate source?
Image
User avatar
The Dharma Bum
Vice President
 
Posts: 11594
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:31 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3285 times
Been thanked: 617 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: Chick-Fil-A To End Anti-Gay Donations, Huckabee Am Cry

Postby The Comrade » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:59 am

dontworrybehappy wrote:
Boris Johnson wrote:
dontworrybehappy wrote:No, if nature would make it "right" then the relationship would procreate the species, which it does not and cannot.

No where in nature is a homosexual relationship conducive to the continuation of the species, which is nature at its simplest. Left alone, the genes of gay males would not be passed on to any offspring, so biologically being gay helps ensure your genes are NOT passed along, which is at the core of a reproducing living organism. It is nature, you can argue with me, but you cannot argue with nature.

THATS what makes it wrong. That and the fact that man was not born to be with man. Otherwise a man would have a vagina, he doesn't, he has an anus for shitting only. It's not biologically designed for intecourse.

Mod edit. -u

Ahh yes, the old argument to nature. I imagine people have beat me to it, but hey. Given that naturalism requires a coherent explanation as to the unity of nature:

1) Explain infertile heterosexuals, are they 'unnatural' too?
2) Explain homo and bisexuality in nature, interestingly apparently intentionally in 'higher' mammals e.g Bonobo Chimpanzees and Bottlenose dolphins. There are lots more but these are best examples of sexual activity and pair bonding.


Obviously you didnt watch the video I posted.

Alan Keys explains this quite easily. You can vaguely compare an infertile heterosexual to an apple with a worm in it. The worm does not take away from it being an apple. There are medical issues with people, that does not make gay ok or acceptable or natural. In fact, to make this comparison is assinine. Someone might not be able to get pregnant so GO BE GAY!! Yea, wow, no wonder liberals lost so badly in 2010.

Secondly, bisexuality is still gay to an extent. But....the heterosexual side of them will reproduce. While I think bisexuality is just as disgusting and unnatural as being gay is, it will at least continue the species. And dont get confused with male animals that bond on a level that is not intimate. Dolphins bond, they do not have gay sex for gods sake.

I can't believe I'm having to explain this.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual ... e_dolphins

"Dolphins of several species engage in homosexual acts, though it is best studied in the bottlenose dolphins.[1] "


if homosexuality isn't natural why does it exist? try to answer that.
User avatar
The Comrade
Vice President
 
Posts: 18127
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Yugoslavia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1195 times
Been thanked: 1833 times
Political Leaning: Socialist

Re: Chick-Fil-A To End Anti-Gay Donations, Huckabee Am Cry

Postby Boris Johnson » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:01 am

dontworrybehappy wrote:
Boris Johnson wrote:
dontworrybehappy wrote:No, if nature would make it "right" then the relationship would procreate the species, which it does not and cannot.

No where in nature is a homosexual relationship conducive to the continuation of the species, which is nature at its simplest. Left alone, the genes of gay males would not be passed on to any offspring, so biologically being gay helps ensure your genes are NOT passed along, which is at the core of a reproducing living organism. It is nature, you can argue with me, but you cannot argue with nature.

THATS what makes it wrong. That and the fact that man was not born to be with man. Otherwise a man would have a vagina, he doesn't, he has an anus for shitting only. It's not biologically designed for intecourse.

Mod edit. -u

Ahh yes, the old argument to nature. I imagine people have beat me to it, but hey. Given that naturalism requires a coherent explanation as to the unity of nature:

1) Explain infertile heterosexuals, are they 'unnatural' too?
2) Explain homo and bisexuality in nature, interestingly apparently intentionally in 'higher' mammals e.g Bonobo Chimpanzees and Bottlenose dolphins. There are lots more but these are best examples of sexual activity and pair bonding.


Obviously you didnt watch the video I posted.

Alan Keys explains this quite easily. You can vaguely compare an infertile heterosexual to an apple with a worm in it. The worm does not take away from it being an apple.

Yes, we should base all policy on pedantry.

Also, it does absolutely f**k all to answer my points, or defend your point about homosexuality being unnatural. A principled legal defintion (if thats really the argument you want to go down) =/= a natural description of the world.

Your obvious red herring if obvious. I can dance with you about gay marriage if you really want though.

There are medical issues with people, that does not make gay ok or acceptable or natural. In fact, to make this comparison is assinine. Someone might not be able to get pregnant so GO BE GAY!! Yea, wow, no wonder liberals lost so badly in 2010.

Secondly, bisexuality is still gay to an extent. But....the heterosexual side of them will reproduce. While I think bisexuality is just as disgusting and unnatural as being gay is, it will at least continue the species. And dont get confused with male animals that bond on a level that is not intimate. Dolphins bond, they do not have gay sex for gods sake.

I can't believe I'm having to explain this.

Ok so your going to retreat to some pedantic nonsense about marriage, when challenged over the universal applicability of your statement about 'what is natural' about sexuality on 1). Fine.

Why not give 2 a go then.

2) Explain homo and bisexuality in nature, interestingly apparently intentionally in 'higher' mammals e.g Bonobo Chimpanzees and Bottlenose dolphins. There are lots more but these are best examples of sexual activity and pair bonding.


Yes, they do have sex, in fact its a lot more common with a lot of other animals. I picked though two species as their higher mammals, and they do form homosexual pair bonding, which is sex (i.e it involves genitals and orgasm) and some sort of coupling.


How can something that occurs in nature be unnatural? Riddle me that fallacyman.
LORD PROTECTOR of |~**~| The Bro Clique |~**~|™

Bojo wrote:...the Tory party - the funkiest, most jiving party on Earth - is where it's happening.
User avatar
Boris Johnson
Governor
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:55 am
Location: City Hall The Queens Walk, City of London
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 117 times
Been thanked: 190 times
Political Leaning: Slightly Conservative

Re: Chick-Fil-A To End Anti-Gay Donations, Huckabee Am Cry

Postby The Tooth » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:09 am

See, it's like this. It's not that being gay is right, it's that being a bigot is wrong. And of course being gay is acceptable and natural. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's unacceptable any more than a muslim community center is unacceptable just because you're scared of muslims; acceptability isn't based on what upsets you. And it's certainly natural; lots of people are gay. Everything that exists is natural.
User avatar
The Tooth
Mayor
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:21 pm
Location: Calgary, AB
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 12 times
Political Leaning: Very Liberal

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 3 guests