GOP Primary Debate 8/6/15

The place for general political discussion.

Re: GOP Primary Debate 8/6/15

Postby Winchester » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:42 am

eynon81 wrote:
Saz wrote:The bigger question is: did the republicans really want 36 million people to see that shit?

if you're John Kasich you did.

I could vote for him. I don't think Sanders will be able to overcome the Hilary machine. IMO the Bush machine is weaker and Kasich outdid him in the debate. Kasich also appears to not let his ideology interfere quite so much with his pragmatic side. Rubio actually impressed me, but I can't get over his hard stance on his religious based social polices.

I did like Christie's answer on SS.
Winchester
Governor

Postby spacemonkey » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:17 pm

Winchester wrote:
eynon81 wrote:
Saz wrote:The bigger question is: did the republicans really want 36 million people to see that shit?

I could vote for him. I don't think Sanders will be able to overcome the Hilary machine. IMO the Bush machine is weaker and Kasich outdid him in the debate. Kasich also appears to not let his ideology interfere quite so much with his pragmatic side. Rubio actually impressed me, but I can't get over his hard stance on his religious based social polices.

I did like Christie's answer on SS.

If the justice system is what its supposed to be, the Hillary machine could/should have a DOC number. Doc = department of corrections.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby Saz » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:36 am

eynon81 wrote:

Of course, but the GOP generally? The entire debate was a shitshow. The first half was a hit job against cartoonish tycoon who incredibly is the party front runner. The party favorites, Bush and Walker, were no where to be seen. The christie paul exhange just made them both look like retards. The most articulate guy up there has insane political views, and the most sane guy up there was nearly left out of the f**k debate! The rest of the candidates embarrassed themselves and the party in a predictable manner.

Everyone lost but Kasich and Cruz, and I'm not sure the benefit to a single guy trailing badly in the polls is worth showing 36 million people that out of 10 candidates, you can field maybe 1.5 intelligent and reasonable ones.
Ceterum autem censeo Dylan esse delendam
Saz
Governor

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Previous

Return to General Discussion