[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Debt To GDP Ratio Paper Austerity Founded On Was Wrong • Page 10 • General Discussion • Political Crossfire Forums

Debt To GDP Ratio Paper Austerity Founded On Was Wrong

The place for general political discussion.

Re: Debt To GDP Ratio Paper Austerity Founded On Was Wrong

Postby Spider » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:10 pm

Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby lnrw » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Lifetime member of the NRA
lnrw
Governor

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Postby Kane » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 pm

Kane
Vice President

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby Kane » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:07 pm

Kane
Vice President

Postby lnrw » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:37 am

lnrw
Governor

Postby Kane » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:33 pm

I don't see how any of that addresses my points. I know people feel defrauded and I know that banks look like the bad guys here but the alternatives were nonexistent at that time and the rules of the game now have changed such that any traditional understanding of the economy before the crash isn't always applicable to after crash dynamics. Stats can be manipulated but these aren't stats, this is raw data. You can argue the methodology used for data collection but that's an entirely different debate than statistical interpretation.

So I guess I just don't see the relevance in your post.
Kane
Vice President

Postby lnrw » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:21 pm

Well I don't see how stats or raw data prove we can carry on this way.

I did address the point I quoted.

Raw data can be manipulated as well. The data that brought us to where we are was manipulated.

People feel defrauded?

I dealt with the issues I see. Debating raw data is of little value when the people gathering and compiling the data may or may not really know or may have a vested interest in publishing only what they want us to know.

As I said, we were told a lot of things that were lies and manipulations of the facts. The data is subject to the same lies from the same people.

If you trust the data and the gathering of the data, then that is up to you.

We were not going to agree in any case. But you represented your case well.

EDIT: After thinking more about you saying I did not deal with your points, what I hear you saying, is that we can continue as we are, as long as the conditions you mention are met, the economy won't collapse. More to the point, you appear to be saying that by not dealing with the crimes and paying them billions upon billions, maybe up to 6 trillion, we have done the right things. I didn't deal with your data points because I don't think they are as impotant as the policies they created; rewarding criminal behavior and just shining it on. Japan is into another bailout, are they not? The 85 billion being spent to buy toxic assets is a long term, possibly permanent, bailout. Once the wheels start turning, they're hard to stop.

lnrw
Governor

Postby The Dude » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:04 am

The Dude
Governor

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby Kane » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:48 am

Lol dude, you know that's the point of the thread. It's pretty clear than none of us know until the market starts to send a signal. I suppose the next question is when to worry that we're approaching that threshold, that line that we can't define. Right now, I don't think we're anywhere near it but I can't put anything else behind that besides my gut and again, what the indicators say.

Psychohistorians will rock.
Kane
Vice President

Postby lnrw » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:26 pm

lnrw
Governor

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion