President Obama Wants to Spend More Money

Re: President Obama Wants to Spend More Money

Postby Professor » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Southern Dad wrote:
Saz wrote:Oh f**k I almost forgot I'm going to Mardi gras.

...prof... :-c


Remember to look for an Adam's Apple.


#1 tip, right there.
Image
User avatar
Professor
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 7553
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:42 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 54 times
Been thanked: 570 times
Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Re: President Obama Wants to Spend More Money

Postby Philly » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:46 pm

Saz and Prof partying in NOLA is probably second only to the time we discussed Saz and Comrade on a european vacation.
User avatar
Philly
Governor
 
Posts: 9417
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:36 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 949 times
Been thanked: 1116 times

Re: President Obama Wants to Spend More Money

Postby eynon81 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:03 pm

Saz wrote:
eynon81 wrote:
Saz wrote:I agree, but go on...



racism.


behold the map:
Image

culture clearly plays a party, the states that had traditionally much larger groups of people in bondage have less of an issue with lots of incarceration. meanwhile the states that didn't have a much lower rate. also should be noted that those aforementioned states were founded on a more aristocratic group as opposed to the later states who were founded by the winners of the English Civil War and their kids (and their kids).


Uhh, I see the map but i don't see your point. To me the map makes one thing obvious. Lay your map over a map of the 2012 presidential election, and lay that over a map of the free vs slave states. Huge correlation. Now consider our revolutionary history. It was by and large the north that rebelled, while the south had serious issues with f**k loyalist scum.

Conservatives (support Britain) --> Conservatives (support slavery) ---> Conservatives (support mass incarceration/ vote republican)

Clear trend. Holds true for most other countries to. It's not nick clegg that wants more people jailed or harsher laws.


how can you not see my point, it's virtually the same point you just made just with bigger words.
User avatar
eynon81
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 19475
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:38 am
Location: Golden, Colorado
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3875 times
Been thanked: 1821 times
Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Re: President Obama Wants to Spend More Money

Postby Philly » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:07 pm

The part where you call southern dad's "lock em all up and throw away the key" plan "progressive" and our "stop incarcerating people for non violent drug crimes" plan conservative
User avatar
Philly
Governor
 
Posts: 9417
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:36 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 949 times
Been thanked: 1116 times

Re: President Obama Wants to Spend More Money

Postby eynon81 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:10 pm

Philly2 wrote:The part where you call southern dad's "lock em all up and throw away the key" plan "progressive" and our "stop incarcerating people for non violent drug crimes" plan conservative



oh that.

it's just to illustrate the meaninglessness of the phrases in general.
User avatar
eynon81
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 19475
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:38 am
Location: Golden, Colorado
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3875 times
Been thanked: 1821 times
Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Re: President Obama Wants to Spend More Money

Postby Saz » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:12 pm

eynon81 wrote:
Saz wrote:
eynon81 wrote:
Saz wrote:I agree, but go on...



racism.


behold the map:
Image

culture clearly plays a party, the states that had traditionally much larger groups of people in bondage have less of an issue with lots of incarceration. meanwhile the states that didn't have a much lower rate. also should be noted that those aforementioned states were founded on a more aristocratic group as opposed to the later states who were founded by the winners of the English Civil War and their kids (and their kids).


Uhh, I see the map but i don't see your point. To me the map makes one thing obvious. Lay your map over a map of the 2012 presidential election, and lay that over a map of the free vs slave states. Huge correlation. Now consider our revolutionary history. It was by and large the north that rebelled, while the south had serious issues with f**k loyalist scum.

Conservatives (support Britain) --> Conservatives (support slavery) ---> Conservatives (support mass incarceration/ vote republican)

Clear trend. Holds true for most other countries to. It's not nick clegg that wants more people jailed or harsher laws.


how can you not see my point, it's virtually the same point you just made just with bigger words.


Yea...but all of those have been conservative, which only furthers the argument that mass incarceration is a fundamentally conservative idea. That kind of flies in the face of what you were saying earlier.
Pun intended for the plebes on here who don't get a joke
User avatar
Saz
Governor
 
Posts: 8458
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:37 am
Location: Airstrip One
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1069 times
Been thanked: 899 times
Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: President Obama Wants to Spend More Money

Postby eynon81 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:14 pm

Saz wrote:Yea...but all of those have been conservative, which only furthers the argument that mass incarceration is a fundamentally conservative idea. That kind of flies in the face of what you were saying earlier.


fine, fine.
User avatar
eynon81
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 19475
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:38 am
Location: Golden, Colorado
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3875 times
Been thanked: 1821 times
Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Re: President Obama Wants to Spend More Money

Postby Philly » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:19 pm

non admits to being a prog
User avatar
Philly
Governor
 
Posts: 9417
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:36 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 949 times
Been thanked: 1116 times

Re: President Obama Wants to Spend More Money

Postby eynon81 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:00 pm

Philly2 wrote:non admits to being a prog


Image


god no, just your friendly neighborhood liberal, clinging doggedly to the ideals of the enlightenment.

Image
User avatar
eynon81
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 19475
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:38 am
Location: Golden, Colorado
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3875 times
Been thanked: 1821 times
Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Re: President Obama Wants to Spend More Money

Postby Philly » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:07 pm

nope youre a prog
User avatar
Philly
Governor
 
Posts: 9417
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:36 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 949 times
Been thanked: 1116 times

PreviousNext

Return to Economy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest