[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
The Sonning of Facebook/IRL Friends • The Lounge • Political Crossfire Forums

The Sonning of Facebook/IRL Friends

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

The Sonning of Facebook/IRL Friends

Postby exploited » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:31 pm

One of the nice parts about subjecting yourself to the brutal Darwinian process we call PCF is that it makes you way, way better at debating people IRL, or on non-anonymous internet sites, like Facebook. For the most part, I try to stay away from doing this sort of thing, because it can come back and bite you... at the same time, there is nothing more refreshing than using your PCF skills to just rip apart another person, who you know.

A great example of that happened to me today. A uranium processing facility has been operating in Toronto for the past 46 years. A bunch of anti-nuclear activists started organizing on Facebook, spreading false rumours that the land "may be" contaminated, and that there were serious safety issues at the facility. Alot of residents weren't aware the plant was operating, so of course they assume that it is spewing pounds and pounds of radioactive material into their playgrounds and living rooms. I couldn't fit the whole conversation in the screenshot, but I managed to capture the gist of it. The people I'm arguing against have literally no idea what the hell they are talking about, a common occurrence outside of PCF. I felt the need to educate them, because NIMBY politics and the potential for this plant to be shut down by nervous nannies annoy the crap out of me.

The end result was that this chick ran away from the debate, and removed the dishonest comments she'd made in her Facebook group. Sonned.

So how about you guys? Been pwning anyone IRL lately, using well-honed PCF skills? I've attached a screenshot below, names removed, and we shall all revel in one anothers defeat of mental midgets. Whatcha got?

exploited
Vice President

Re: The Sonning of Facebook/IRL Friends

Postby Bill_in_Bethlehem » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:39 pm

man i see this all the time on facebook and i just stay out of it

definitely temping to jump in but i over-exposed myself on fb my freshman year in college and ever since then i never post pictures of myself or jump into any kind of even remotely political discussion

that said, debates on this site as well as in the comments section of politico have certainly given me the edge over my IRL friends who are generally clueless
Bill_in_Bethlehem
Congressman

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby exploited » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:44 pm

exploited
Vice President

Postby Clarino » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:46 pm

Last time I did something like this my stepbrother unfriended me.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

-Groucho Marx
Clarino
VIP
VIP

Postby Sazari » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:46 pm

I hate people who try to argue real shit on facebook.
**== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **==
Sazari
Governor

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby exploited » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Why? I think Facebook is an excellent platform for debating things. It holds people responsible for what they say.

I can see why you would dislike it though Sazari. Goes along with your other alpha male qualities :))
exploited
Vice President

Postby exploited » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:48 pm

exploited
Vice President

Postby uebermann » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:50 pm

No screenshots at the moment but my 16 yr old niece pretended to be my mom on facebook and all of my friends freaked out, thinking that my mom and I were fighting publicly on there. I'll take screenshots later.

These users thanked the author uebermann for the post:
exploited
uebermann
Site Admin

Postby Sazari » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:51 pm

**== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **==
Sazari
Governor

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby exploited » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:54 pm

Last edited by exploited on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exploited
Vice President

Next

Return to The Lounge