The life and times of past posters

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

The life and times of past posters

Postby John Galt » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:04 pm

It was my son's one year birthday two days ago. In September it was my daughter's 3rd birthday. this past year has been a bit of a blur. I'm old, Gandalf. I know I don't look it but I feel it in my bones. still, fatherhood is not without its rewards. my daughter, for example, will ask me from time to time to sing to her "traitor song, daddy!" before bed and we'll sing Union Dixie
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: The life and times of past posters

Postby Winchester » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:45 am

My older son got married this September. We had it at Flathead Lake, it was so fun, beautiful weather. Celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary and spent it in Yellowstone Park. Bigger changes coming up this year. I listed my practice for sale a couple of weeks ago, hope to be fully retired by this time next year. It's listed as available after 4/15, if I don't get a bite on it by June it will probably sit till Sept/Oct next year to sell. Weird but I'm so ready to be done with work.
Winchester
Governor

Re: The life and times of past posters

Postby John Galt » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:50 am

nice. my father retired recently. spends his days working on making paths in his woods be covered with wood chips and stuff like that so his UTV can haul the woodchipper out to make more paths covered in wood chips
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Return to The Lounge