[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
NHL Playoffs 2020 • Page 3 • The Lounge • Political Crossfire Forums

NHL Playoffs 2020

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

Re: NHL Playoffs 2020

Postby exploited » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:07 pm

Not sure if it's worse or better since none of this season clients.
exploited
Vice President

Postby John Galt » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:34 pm

five thousand nine hundred ninety five days since last series win by the toronto maple leafs
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby exploited » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:38 pm

Who gives a shit?

Sports, at this time, are wholly inappropriate.

There is serious work that needs to be done and I could give a f**k less about some game that shouldn't even be happening.
exploited
Vice President

Postby John Galt » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:02 am

Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby exploited » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:27 am

I mean, I said it from the start, before the Leafs shit the bed, that having this season was a stupid idea. And that is still true.

The bubble is holding for now, but it'll break, and when it does, it'll be Edmonton and Toronto that pay for it.

Further, the whole structure of this season is f**k stupid. It is really, really dumb. Imagine the shame of actually winning the Cup this year. It means nothing. My honest to God preference is for the Leafs to be out of contention. Because the whole idea of them winning this year, of all years, is horrifying.
exploited
Vice President

Postby John Galt » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:26 pm

the bubble will hold, it's the 2020-2021 season that's a problem. starting in december like what MLB is currently doing seems like complete madness to me. although, god willing, we have a vaccine, then we can vaccinate all the hockey players and the support staff. but i don't think we'll have a vaccine, and i don't think outside of bubble sports that sports can work until vaccine

the cup this year requires even more playoffs. they only missed a dozen games, you make it seem like they missed half the season on worse. just seems like you're trying to kid yourself that this year doesn't count, so you can put an asterisk for one year, next year, if they leafs again don't get the cup, which would be the year the leafs take up the honor of all time longest record for no cup
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby NAB » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:38 pm

The bubble seems to be working pretty well for the NBA so far. They are unique in the size of the rosters and they completed most of their regular season before the shut down, but I'm enjoying it myself (go Mavs).

Let's put the NBA in charge of the US's pandemic response I say.
NAB
Governor

Postby exploited » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:42 pm

exploited
Vice President

Postby John Galt » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:00 pm

that 3-0 comeback with 3.5 remaining to win only to lose the game 5 really stung didn't it

sports are a unifier in a way nothing else is. and they can use that platform to show importance of masks as well as importance of things like black lives. and sports have been doing that. and yeah, there's some escapism. there's some pretending the world isn't garbage for a couple hours. i'm having a baby in 2 months, you think that isn't on my mind, that the world is shit and could get even shittier and darker by years end? that my life can come crashing down, either through my company laying me off or my country thrown into civil strife? of course it's on my mind, near constantly. sometimes i can zone out with a book or a video game. but sports is good, and with sports i can have a shared, if separate, experience with other human beings over it. lighten up. you can still root for the habs, who i mention only because they are 31-31 and i want to see habs yotes for top kek
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby NAB » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:09 pm

NAB
Governor

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge