[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
The Hockey Thread • Page 5 • The Lounge • Political Crossfire Forums

The Hockey Thread

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

Re: The Hockey Thread

Postby John Galt » Thu May 17, 2018 12:08 pm

its an act of enforcement against a clearly dirty player who might think twice next time before he dirtily hits someone. Wilson, as you noted, received no injuries from it

unlike Wilson's victims
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby ToddStarnes » Thu May 17, 2018 1:05 pm

So we are back to "Wilson hits too hard."

If stralman and Wilson are reversed stralman might have had his neck broken. Then you would want a suspension right?
ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby ToddStarnes » Thu May 17, 2018 1:13 pm

Lmao if you think an open ice body to body hit is worse than the ultimate cheap shot in hockey - boarding somebody in the numbers.

That's up there with slewfooting IMO. Wilson is a good canadian boy who plays the game hard and with honor and I WILL NOT sit here and have his name besmirched by a "man" who owns figure skates and has spent more.time combing his beard than icing his knuckles after a good tilt.

*tears up* I wont goddamnit
ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby John Galt » Thu May 17, 2018 1:28 pm

if you hit someone to break their neck then yeah, that should be at least a one game suspension. i think they'll get more unless jail has a 'play-release' program

i'm just saying he shouldn't have been playing to begin with so he should count himself lucky to get his face in the glass instead of watching the game at home thinking about what he done
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby exploited » Thu May 17, 2018 1:47 pm

Damn Galt. Disappointing. I had you figured as a real hockey fan, not a 30 year old mother of two with "let me speak to the manager" hair.

Merely causing injury is NOT grounds for punishment. This is the most warlike professional sport on the planet. You will, if you continue to play it, get a concussion, or bust up your knees, or break a bone, or lose your teeth. Personally, I had two concussions and one torn knee ligament by the time I was 16. All legal hits. The problem wasn't the guy hurting me, the problem was me being stupid and either not paying attention or skating with my head down. It happens.

Last thing we want is for the world's best sport to be infected by the dripping pussyism of other major sports. People will get hurt, sometimes really seriously. But so long as the hit is clean, the guy who delivered the pain has done his job RIGHT.

Dylan is right. It was a clean hit and deserved nothing but applause, even though it is perfectly natural to feel sympathetic for the player who got wrecked.
exploited
Vice President

Postby ToddStarnes » Thu May 17, 2018 1:52 pm

ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby ToddStarnes » Thu May 17, 2018 3:16 pm

I'm getting rock hard thinking about that moment right after you smoke someone and you get that brief blackness and silence and then it all comes rushing back and you hear the crowds silence or yelling and start backing toward the boards and wriggling your gloves off knowing what's about to come but not knowing from where and then BAM you're f**k in it and you can feel the hot sweat pouring down your brow and smell the nasty molding stench of some f**k gloves on your face and you start throwing and throwing and unghhhhhhhh.

What a sport.
ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby John Galt » Fri May 18, 2018 8:05 am

it's more that i was making a joke about how a shoulder to shoulder hit (legal) somehow breaks a man jaw. how does that even happen if it is legal? it doesn't, because it's not a shoulder-to-shoulder hit. i'm not saying that people shouldn't get legal hits, and hard. i'm talking about launching into their face, like what wilson did

he launched himself and purposefully missed aston-resee's shoulder with his own, and went for his neck/head with his own shoulder https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/CheapEne ... anerwrasse
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby ToddStarnes » Fri May 18, 2018 8:42 am

Taught from day one to crouch and explode up into a hit if you really want to put a body down. Clean. He hit shoulder and slid up to jaw. Ashton reese god bless him has his head down and his body low. Wilson's skates leave ice on contact which is fine.

He has himself to blame for his injuries.

He four refs on the ice were right. Rhe league official who reviewed it after the game and said it was fine was right. This became an illegal hit when it was revealed the kid was severely hurt and he pens complained. Until then it was signed off on by 5/5 officials including with benefit of replay.

I'm sorry smokey but you're out of your element.
ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby ToddStarnes » Fri May 18, 2018 8:43 am

Ex you seen Goon 2 yet?
ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge